• Re: Minnesota State 2018-19 Season Thread

Originally posted by Iwearpurple View Post
      We're headed to Arizona
      Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by BGFan View Post
        Good luck!
        Duluth next Friday, so big Pairwise points on the line! Then on Saturday, it's either our only shot at ASU, or our only shot at an ECAC school. Either way, significant Pairwise implications.
        And it better be warm! If I want crappy weather, I can stay here for free.

Comment

I don't think anyone posted this yet, but Mavericks having a pre game event at Dave and Buster's in Glendale from 2-4 before Friday's game.

I'll be there. GO MAVS

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
            Duluth next Friday, so big Pairwise points on the line! Then on Saturday, it's either our only shot at ASU, or our only shot at an ECAC school. Either way, significant Pairwise implications.
            And it better be warm! If I want crappy weather, I can stay here for free.
            Another BG fan wishes you good luck in Arizona! Bring it home for the WCHA.

Comment

Originally posted by Iwearpurple View Post
              I don't think anyone posted this yet, but Mavericks having a pre game event at Dave and Buster's in Glendale from 2-4 before Friday's game.

I'll be there. GO MAVS
              see you there!

Comment

Mavs score three straight to take the lead midway through the second. C’mon boys!

Comment

• Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
                  Mavs score three straight to take the lead midway through the second. C’mon boys!
                  Team can’t win without Hastings, defense has sucked in 3 straight games. Just a crappy team right now. Gotta figure it out or they’ll be sitting at home come tournament time.

Comment

ASU is a lot like BG only bigger defensemen and a better goalie with scoring not as distributed. You absolutley cannot afford to fall behind and you have to stay out of the box and capitalize on the pp. Look out for the goalie shooting the puck down to your blue line if you do a firehouse change, and expect very physical play with the occational butt end done with no one looking.
                    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

After last weekend when Johnny Walker scored the tying goal against us, I was about to give up my favorite scotch. After this weekend, I am comfortable switching to (Walker) Dewar's.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iwearpurple View Post
                        After last weekend when Johnny Walker scored the tying goal against us, I was about to give up my favorite scotch. After this weekend, I am comfortable switching to (Walker) Dewar's.
                        I love it.

Huge sweep this weekend to get back on track.

It will be nice having Coach Hastings back in Mankato — congrats to him on winning the silver medal with Team USA.
                        AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

• Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                          I love it.

Huge sweep this weekend to get back on track.

It will be nice having Coach Hastings back in Mankato — congrats to him on winning the silver medal with Team USA.
                          It’ll be great to have Hastings back this week, imagine if MSU could ever get a player of Jack Hughes skill set to commit. Maybe 1 day!

Comment

• Originally posted by MAVS21 View Post
                            It’ll be great to have Hastings back this week, imagine if MSU could ever get a player of Jack Hughes skill set to commit. Maybe 1 day!
                            If the Mavs were ever able to get a future #1 overall pick to commit, I would be absolutely astonished. Better chance I’m struck my lightning 5 times.
                            AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

• Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                              If the Mavs were ever able to get a future #1 overall pick to commit, I would be absolutely astonished. Better chance I’m struck my lightning 5 times.
                              It’s worth a shot right. If we could get any Blue Chipper to commit to MSU would be huge. Like I said maybe one day.

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                                In fairness, not getting the super high draft pick to commit to your school isn't just a Mavs thing. In the last 10 or so years, I can only recall 3 top 5 picks who were either at college or about to enroll at the time of the draft - Eichel, a #2 pick, and B. Tkachuk and C. Makar at #4. Guys in that rarified air know they have a shot to play in the NHL right away so they don't come to college. And apparently you have to be a Massachusetts school to have a shot at them.

But yes, a first or 2nd round pick would be nice.

Comment

Working...
                                X