Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Minnesota State 2018-19 Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MavsFan19 View Post
    Good weekend. Nice sweep on the road. Two games were cant overlook before going to BG.
    Big weekend ahead. Take care of business and then a huge series before Christmas.

Release the Hounds

Re: Minnesota State 2018-19 Season Thread

My dad is going to be in Mankato for work this weekend and is planning to check out the game vs. Anchorage on Saturday. Any advice on getting tickets (box office?), where to eat/drink before or after the game?

From us at Northeastern - thanks to all of you for your early season weekend sweep of BU.
    Let's Go Huskies!

Northeastern University '02

Belle Plaine by way of Mankato and Fairfax, MN
    Quote Originally Posted by McBain75 View Post
    My dad is going to be in Mankato for work this weekend and is planning to check out the game vs. Anchorage on Saturday. Any advice on getting tickets (box office?), where to eat/drink before or after the game?

From us at Northeastern - thanks to all of you for your early season weekend sweep of BU.
    The game will probably not be all that well attended. Id say 3500 or so and tickets will be easy to get at the box office. If hes a football fan it may be worth checking out the 2:00 kickoff up at campus. MSU is hosting the semifinal game of the national tournament there.

As for food, if hes looking for something eithin walking distance of the arena, Pagliais is fantastic pizza and Rounders is my personal preference for bar food down there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bale View Post
    The game will probably not be all that well attended. Id say 3500 or so and tickets will be easy to get at the box office. If hes a football fan it may be worth checking out the 2:00 kickoff up at campus. MSU is hosting the semifinal game of the national tournament there.

As for food, if hes looking for something eithin walking distance of the arena, Pagliais is fantastic pizza and Rounders is my personal preference for bar food down there.
    Ummies Bar and Grill is good for food as well, but generally things fill up by 4:45-5:00pm on game day Saturdays, FWIW.

Quote Originally Posted by MavHockey14 View Post
    Ummies Bar and Grill is good for food as well, but generally things fill up by 4:45-5:00pm on game day Saturdays, FWIW.
    Will Van Os-Shaw be eligible this weekend or next?

Quote Originally Posted by MAVS21 View Post
    Will Van Os-Shaw be eligible this weekend or next?
    Sounds like the ASU tournament is when he’ll be eligible — not sure we’ll see him play there, and there’s definitely going to be competition for him to crack the line up, so there’s no rush to play him either.

Sounds like the ASU tournament is when he’ll be eligible — not sure we’ll see him play there, and there’s definitely going to be competition for him to crack the line up, so there’s no rush to play him either.
    It will be interesting. I don't have any inside info, so I can't tell you how Van Os-Shaw is looking in practice, and whether he's a cinch to be in the lineup. It's a pretty big leap from the AJHL to D1 hockey, so I don't necessarily put a lot of stock in his huge juniors numbers (I don't totally discount them, either, but Johnny McInnis went 42-31-73 in 58 games his last year in the AJHL, but only played in 14 games and went 1-3-4 in his freshman year at Minnesota State, so Van Os-Shaw's 51-46-97 numbers don't necessarily mean he's going to jump into our top 6 this year.). Walker Duehr's move from healthy scratch to a 2 goal game shows we're pretty deep.

what

Nice post with the stats Purple, that is a fair analysis.
    Does anyone know if the ASU tournament will have tv coverage meaning tv or web viewing? Looks like the ASU games are on PAC-12 TV so I guess I hope ASU and MSU advance so I have a chance to see it... If I can get PAC-12 TV without spending the mortgage.
    Last edited by crossjcek; 12-07-2018 at 06:07 PM.

The best part of this weekend's sweep was purpleinnebraska dancing up a storm on the Dental Floss Cam Dance.

Quote Originally Posted by Iwearpurple View Post
    The best part of this weekend's sweep was purpleinnebraska dancing up a storm on the Dental Floss Cam Dance.
    Today was my 55th birthday, and I wanted to show that I still got it.

I was told that I do not, in fact, still got it.

Watch out for the bull!

Quote Originally Posted by purpleinnebraska View Post

That's okay; I never had it to begin with.
    My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Hey if you avoid any type knee/hip/head injury you still got it. I watch my son do these dances and one of them would blow my ACL.

And in honor of your birthday, the Mavericks wanted to get at least one shot on goal for every year of your life. They succeeded.

And in honor of your birthday, the Mavericks wanted to get at least one shot on goal for every year of your life. They succeeded.
    Ha! With some to spare!

Boy, the next 6 games are huge for Pairwise and MacNaughton purposes. 2 games at #12 Pairwise (and #3 in the WCHA), then #4 Pairwise, followed by either #9 or #24, then 2 games against #20 (and #2 in the WCHA). A lot of our March schedule will be influenced by what happens in those games. Keep plugging away, boys!

Boy, the next 6 games are huge for Pairwise and MacNaughton purposes. 2 games at #12 Pairwise (and #3 in the WCHA), then #4 Pairwise, followed by either #9 or #24, then 2 games against #20 (and #2 in the WCHA). A lot of our March schedule will be influenced by what happens in those games. Keep plugging away, boys!
    Massive series this weekend. Need a split at worst.

The Mavs have done a great job playing well on Friday nights this year, and need to continue that trend this weekend.

Massive series this weekend. Need a split at worst.

The Mavs have done a great job playing well on Friday nights this year, and need to continue that trend this weekend.
    Since BG joined the WCHA, every series with Minnesota State has ended with a split except one. In that series in BG the two games ended in a tie which at that time was a split in points.

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey John View Post
    Since BG joined the WCHA, every series with Minnesota State has ended with a split except one. In that series in BG the two games ended in a tie which at that time was a split in points.
    Very interesting, I never realized that. This is probably BG’s best team in that time as well, correct?

At the beginning of this season, I would have been very happy if we were 3-3 in our non-conference schedule, playing BU, North Dakota and Minnesota. We are 5-1, could just as well be 6-0, if a puck was not misplayed in the second game in Grand Forks. Currently, we are 3rd in every poll including pairwise. A sweep this coming weekend against a very good Bowling Green team would be great, and do wonders for our pairwise rating down the road. That being said, I would not be disappointed with a split, but we must win the ASU tournament.

At the beginning of this season, I would have been very happy if we were 3-3 in our non-conference schedule, playing BU, North Dakota and Minnesota. We are 5-1, could just as well be 6-0, if a puck was not misplayed in the second game in Grand Forks. Currently, we are 3rd in every poll including pairwise. A sweep this coming weekend against a very good Bowling Green team would be great, and do wonders for our pairwise rating down the road. That being said, I would not be disappointed with a split, but we must win the ASU tournament.
    I’d say 2-2 in the next 4 is essential — that UMD game is massive — gotta have that one.

Thread Information