Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Minnesota State 2018-19 Season Thread

Re: Minnesota State 2018-19 Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MavsFan19 View Post
    You have some time to decide haha
    Yes, I was worried I was missing it, but now I see I have 120 days to bid!

Quote Originally Posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
    Yes, I was worried I was missing it, but now I see I have 120 days to bid!
    I have a feeling you're going to have to be willing to spend three to four hundred to get one of these.
    I do wish they indicated roughly size if I'm going to spend good money on a jersey I'd like to think that it might actually fit

I have a feeling you're going to have to be willing to spend three to four hundred to get one of these.
    I do wish they indicated roughly size if I'm going to spend good money on a jersey I'd like to think that it might actually fit
    As a larger guy, I was thinking of a goalie bid! Room in that, right?

Mavs fans, anyone know what happened to Chris Van-O-Shaw? He is not listed on your roster:
    https://www.wcha.com/men/minnesota-st...statistics.php
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Quote Originally Posted by Suze View Post
    Mavs fans, anyone know what happened to Chris Van-O-Shaw? He is not listed on your roster:
    https://www.wcha.com/men/minnesota-st...statistics.php
    Heard he will play after the first semester ends. Getting his academics in order

As a larger guy, I was thinking of a goalie bid! Room in that, right?
    Goalie cuts are huge. I have a Marty Brodeur GC, XXL (which I think translates to a 56) and I don't need pants when I wear it (6'2" 160; I have to have XL stuff b/c of arm length).
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Goalie cuts are huge. I have a Marty Brodeur GC, XXL (which I think translates to a 56) and I don't need pants when I wear it (6'2" 160; I have to have XL stuff b/c of arm length).
    Ahhhh, 160 pounds. I remember those days! Islanders ruled the NHL, Bill Cosby was a friendly sitcom dad, and I had just discovered beer. Those were the days!

Heard he will play after the first semester ends. Getting his academics in order
    Correct — plan is to join the team after the first semester — will be interesting to see if he’s eligible for the Christmas tournament, as that is after the first semester is complete.

I think they’re going to go higher — Tuomie’s Jersey is already at $830.

Quote Originally Posted by MavHockey14 View Post
    I think they’re going to go higher — Tuomie’s Jersey is already at $830.
    Speaking of Tuomie (and Michaelis, and Napravnik), kudos to the students who are bringing the German flag to games! Nice touch!

Good luck with that.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Quote Originally Posted by Suze View Post
    Good luck with that.
    From what I was told, it’s not due to poor grades, just a lack of core classes to meet admission standards for MSU — similar situation as Matt Leitner, but Leitner had to sit a whole year.

I hope you’re not wishing ill will on a kid because he flipped from your program.

Starting to get my Arizona trip lined up. Anyone know where the MSU people will be sitting? I saw a ticket map on Ticketmaster, and it only showed half the arena being used. Any idea which end we'll be at?

Starting to get my Arizona trip lined up. Anyone know where the MSU people will be sitting? I saw a ticket map on Ticketmaster, and it only showed half the arena being used. Any idea which end we'll be at?
    I haven’t heard yet, but was planning to get my tickets through the MSU Athletics office — they should have a block available for sale.

[QUOTE=MavHockey14;6723421]I haven’t heard yet, but was planning to get my tickets through the MSU Athletics office — they should have a block available for sale.[/QUOTE

That’s who we had to go through as well. Do you know how recruiting is going? Seems a lot of kids in state are going elsewhere. Maybe one day we can get another Backes or Leitner. Our team is very fast n skilled but just curious on recruiting.

[QUOTE=MAVS21;6723434]
    I haven’t heard yet, but was planning to get my tickets through the MSU Athletics office — they should have a block available for sale.[/QUOTE

That’s who we had to go through as well. Do you know how recruiting is going? Seems a lot of kids in state are going elsewhere. Maybe one day we can get another Backes or Leitner. Our team is very fast n skilled but just curious on recruiting.
    Hastings and staff do an excellent job getting the kids from MN they believe will develop at the USHL (or junior level) and succeed when they step foot on campus — look at Jake Jaremko, for example — Mr. Hockey, went to juniors for two years, had a huge impact immediately.

The Mavs will never get all the top recruits in MN, and rarely will get more than one or two here or there — I wouldn’t want any change to how Hastings and his staff are currently attacking recruiting, though. The Mavs have built a solid roster that’s reloaded and doesn’t require rebuilding, and that’s a huge testemant to recruiting.

As for this weekend’s series, this is a series the Mavs need to sweep.

[QUOTE=MavHockey14;6724682]
    Quote Originally Posted by MAVS21 View Post
    Hastings and staff do an excellent job getting the kids from MN they believe will develop at the USHL (or junior level) and succeed when they step foot on campus — look at Jake Jaremko, for example — Mr. Hockey, went to juniors for two years, had a huge impact immediately.

The Mavs will never get all the top recruits in MN, and rarely will get more than one or two here or there — I wouldn’t want any change to how Hastings and his staff are currently attacking recruiting, though. The Mavs have built a solid roster that’s reloaded and doesn’t require rebuilding, and that’s a huge testemant to recruiting.
    And with Hasting's recruits, we rarely have anyone leave early. That makes it easier to reload, and probably never have to rebuild.

As for this weekend’s series, this is a series the Mavs need to sweep.
    Agree. These are the games that we have to win.

Agree. These are the games that we have to win.
    Well, another nice sweep. This BSU series should be interesting..

Thread Information