Minnesota State 2018-19 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by purpleinnebraska
    Boy, the next 6 games are huge for Pairwise and MacNaughton purposes. 2 games at #12 Pairwise (and #3 in the WCHA), then #4 Pairwise, followed by either #9 or #24, then 2 games against #20 (and #2 in the WCHA). A lot of our March schedule will be influenced by what happens in those games. Keep plugging away, boys!
    Massive series this weekend. Need a split at worst.

The Mavs have done a great job playing well on Friday nights this year, and need to continue that trend this weekend.
    AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

• Re: Minnesota State 2018-19 Season Thread

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
      Massive series this weekend. Need a split at worst.

The Mavs have done a great job playing well on Friday nights this year, and need to continue that trend this weekend.
      Since BG joined the WCHA, every series with Minnesota State has ended with a split except one. In that series in BG the two games ended in a tie which at that time was a split in points.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockey John View Post
        Since BG joined the WCHA, every series with Minnesota State has ended with a split except one. In that series in BG the two games ended in a tie which at that time was a split in points.
        Very interesting, I never realized that. This is probably BG’s best team in that time as well, correct?
        AF 99

Comment

At the beginning of this season, I would have been very happy if we were 3-3 in our non-conference schedule, playing BU, North Dakota and Minnesota. We are 5-1, could just as well be 6-0, if a puck was not misplayed in the second game in Grand Forks. Currently, we are 3rd in every poll including pairwise. A sweep this coming weekend against a very good Bowling Green team would be great, and do wonders for our pairwise rating down the road. That being said, I would not be disappointed with a split, but we must win the ASU tournament.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iwearpurple View Post
            At the beginning of this season, I would have been very happy if we were 3-3 in our non-conference schedule, playing BU, North Dakota and Minnesota. We are 5-1, could just as well be 6-0, if a puck was not misplayed in the second game in Grand Forks. Currently, we are 3rd in every poll including pairwise. A sweep this coming weekend against a very good Bowling Green team would be great, and do wonders for our pairwise rating down the road. That being said, I would not be disappointed with a split, but we must win the ASU tournament.
            I’d say 2-2 in the next 4 is essential — that UMD game is massive — gotta have that one.
            AF 99

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
              Very interesting, I never realized that. This is probably BG’s best team in that time as well, correct?
              I think that this is a good team, but I am a little worried for this weekend. We are already have senior John Schiiling out. Two other players including senior captain Steven Baylis missed the Saturday game at Ferris. Sophomore star Max Johnson left Saturday's game with an injury. Sounds like Baylis should play this weekend, but I don't know about Johnson. It is a massive series. I am hoping to hold serve at home. It should be fun. In the WCHA, this is the series I look forward to and enjoy the most. Two great coaches and two great teams. I can't wait. Go BG!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hockey John View Post
                I think that this is a good team, but I am a little worried for this weekend. We are already have senior John Schiiling out. Two other players including senior captain Steven Baylis missed the Saturday game at Ferris. Sophomore star Max Johnson left Saturday's game with an injury. Sounds like Baylis should play this weekend, but I don't know about Johnson. It is a massive series. I am hoping to hold serve at home. It should be fun. In the WCHA, this is the series I look forward to and enjoy the most. Two great coaches and two great teams. I can't wait. Go BG!!!!!!!!!!!
                It really has developed into quite a rivalry in a relatively short period of time. Drop the puck!
                My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

• Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
                  It really has developed into quite a rivalry in a relatively short period of time. Drop the puck!
                  It’s GAMEEEE DAYYYYY!!!
                  AF 99

Comment

Heading to BG tonight to watch this one in person. Should be a heckuva game.

Comment

Well, that was disappointing. Let the tradition continue and get a split tomorrow night.
                      My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Lukas Craggs is the modern day embodiment of Carl Racki from the movie Youngblood.

Comment

• Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                          Lukas Craggs is the modern day embodiment of Carl Racki from the movie Youngblood.
                          Yeah, but no excuse for us taking as many penalties as we did. Have to clean that up tonight

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                            Yeah, but no excuse for us taking as many penalties as we did. Have to clean that up tonight
                            I think we got you to play our "heavy" style which benefits us more than you. I don't expect that to happen again tonight.

Comment

Well, yuck. Hope this last weekend serves as a wake up call.
                              AF 99

Comment

Where did everyone go over here?

Comment

Working...
                                X