Minnesota State 2018-19 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
    That's an odd one with Issraelson. Played in 3 different seasons as Northern (although not much in a couple of them, so I suppose a redshirt is possible). We didn't celebrate him on Senior Night, and in the pregame video, he calls himself a junior, but he must also have a degree, since he did the grad school transfer thing.
    I thought I read that if you did the grad school thing, you only got one year. I could be wrong though.....
    Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
    FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
    NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
    NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
    NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
    NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
    Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
    Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

• Re: Minnesota State 2018-19 Season Thread

I'm guessing that Issraelson is not coming back. With Stauber coming in, if Issraelson stays, we would have 3 goalies + Berger. No way are we going to have 3 goalies who want playing time.

Comment

• Originally posted by MavsFan19 View Post
        I've always enjoyed the radio play by play for the Mavs so much more. He's phenomenal. But yes I'd agree with you that we could us an upgrade there. Nothing against them but I also watch with Mute. Like trying to watch football with Chris collinsworth. Just can't do it.

I'm becoming more and more afraid we will get the 1 in Allentown against Penn St. I'll be really interested to see if that does happen and we aren't the lowest 1 why we would get sent there as opposed to say UMD.
        We are incredibly lucky to have Sully on the radio calls. He’s dynamite.
        AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

• Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
          Not exactly sure on birthdates, but I think Smith, Sowder, and Sandelin are all aging out of juniors. Bukes has done his time in the USHL. I would think he’s also coming up. Brendan “Nick” Furry will also be aging out of juniors
          You’re correct.

Originally posted by Bale View Post
          Well...that math doesnt work... 3 seniors going out and 5 coming in?
          I’ve been told that “guys that are seeing regular minutes this year will be fighting for spots in the lineup next season.”

The recruiting keeps getting better and better.

This year’s team is a legit Frozen Four and National title Contender. Next year’s team may just be the favorite.
          AF 99

Comment

• Originally posted by Bale View Post
            Yikes....maybe they expect more guys to leave either via free agency or just leaving for other programs?

What's the deal with issraelson? He's announced as a senior, but I thought he had another year of eligibility.
            The only one that could conceivably leave would be Mackey, but his game is honestly still a year away at this point.

Other than that, if Michaelis wants to play in Europe he’d have that opportunity, but I can’t see an NHL team trying to lock him down.

What’s crazy about the roster is the depth and talent that is being stock piled — anyone can score and contribute, which makes the Mavs very tough to play against.
            AF 99

Comment

• Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
              We are incredibly lucky to have Sully on the radio calls. He’s dynamite.
              Yep. I wish he did the telecast too. He does such a great job that listening to him is as close as you can get to watching the game. He does such a great job of following the play flawlessly and adding legitimate good comments during.

Next year's team is going to be amazing... Hopefully but I think next year's team will even be better if this roster gets a taste of NCAA success
              All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity. - Gordie Howe

Minnesota State Mankato Mavericks

Comment

Pulling for you guys to win it all. Go Mavs!!!!!
                Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Unreal finish! Congrats to the Mavs and best of luck in the tournament!!

Comment

• Originally posted by MavsFan19 View Post
                    Yep. I wish he did the telecast too. He does such a great job that listening to him is as close as you can get to watching the game. He does such a great job of following the play flawlessly and adding legitimate good comments during.

Next year's team is going to be amazing... Hopefully but I think next year's team will even be better if this roster gets a taste of NCAA success
                    Its as easy as having FloHockey change the feed
                    McCargar is just terrible to listen to and tonight wasn’t much better.

Congratulations to MSU on a big OT win! Good luck in the tournament!

Comment

Wondrous!
                      the state of hockey is good

Comment

Did not see the game, but WOW, what a great comeback win. Congrats, and good luck!
                        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Been going to MNSU hockey games for 18 years now. I've never seen it go that crazy after a win.

Comment

• Ok. Let's be honest we all assumed we would be here again and this is what we have been waiting for. We need a win badly in the NCAA. As much as we want to say how good this program is each time we go 1 and done it's just another example for ppl to use against MSU and the WCHA. I'm hoping both BG and MSU make some noise
                            All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity. - Gordie Howe

Minnesota State Mankato Mavericks

Comment

Originally posted by MnMaverick View Post
                              Been going to MNSU hockey games for 18 years now. I've never seen it go that crazy after a win.
                              Yep, I've been a season-ticket holder for 18 years, and that's the loudest and most excited I've ever seen the place.
                              My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

So it looks like Providence will again be rewarded for being a #4 seed by being placed in the East Regional, and play at "Home" for attendance reasons, even though they are not hosting. The committee has virtually nothing to do this year. Everything falls neatly into place. The 1 seed will play 16, 2 will play 15, 3 will play 14 (MSU vs. Providence), etc.

I have an idea that I wish the committee would strongly consider. Completely flip the Midwest (Allentown) Regional with the East (Providence) regional. My understanding is UMD will be placed in the Allentown Regional because they are the #2 seed and they are closer to Allentown than Providence. Makes sense, although many times we have heard that "a flight is a flight", so it wouldn't make any difference to UMD or MSU where they fly. Every opponent would be the same, only the venue would change.

Teams play all season to be a top seed and/or to win their conference (in the WCHA and the BIG to get home ice throughout the conference playoffs). In our case if last nights game was played in Bowling Green, all other things being equal, we do not win that game. Our SRO crowd helped gave the Mavericks the boost needed to tie the game and subsequently win in overtime. We earned that right to play at home. Providence has earned the right to be in the NCAA, but nothing more. Obviously as a Maverick fan, I am biased, but I also thought it was wrong in 2015 to have Providence play at "home".

Comment

Working...
                                X