Minnesota State 2018-19 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota State 2018-19 Season Thread

All in all a good weekend. Tech is a tough road trip, especially on carnival weekend.

A well earned week off before ramping up for the home stretch.

Nice to be at 6 in the pairwise, too.
    AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

• Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
      All in all a good weekend. Tech is a tough road trip, especially on carnival weekend.

A well earned week off before ramping up for the home stretch.

Nice to be at 6 in the pairwise, too.
      This team I believe will finally win a NCAA game! I would like to give McKay a breather soon but he’s in a zone. Excited for rest of year! Quick question when recruits visit do they stay all weekend or just one game? Just curious if you know.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAVS21 View Post
        This team I believe will finally win a NCAA game!
        We have has a few years where we could have won and 1 year for sure where we should have won. With a 16 team field there is just so little separating each team that I'm not sure there are upsets. Even low ranked teams that win their tourney come in on a hot steak. It would be great to get that monkey off our backs though. Right now we just need to finish strong. Stay healthy and win the wcha tourney as well
        All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity. - Gordie Howe

Minnesota State Mankato Mavericks

Comment

• Originally posted by MAVS21 View Post
          This team I believe will finally win a NCAA game! I would like to give McKay a breather soon but he’s in a zone. Excited for rest of year! Quick question when recruits visit do they stay all weekend or just one game? Just curious if you know.
          A lot of it depends on the recruit — most of them are playing games right now for their respective teams — many will visit town, the school, tour the facilities, and attend one game a weekend just based on their time available. Many relationships are developed with coaches going to watch games and chatting with the recruits. Social media and texting has become huge in recruiting as well.
          AF 99

Comment

• Originally posted by MavsFan19 View Post
            We have has a few years where we could have won and 1 year for sure where we should have won. With a 16 team field there is just so little separating each team that I'm not sure there are upsets. Even low ranked teams that win their tourney come in on a hot steak. It would be great to get that monkey off our backs though. Right now we just need to finish strong. Stay healthy and win the wcha tourney as well
            They should get a crack at it at least, and that’s most important — they’re talented enough to beat anyone in the country in one 60 minute shot.

There’s a long way to go in this season (and hopefully into April) but next season’s team has a chance to be incredible.
            AF 99

Comment

They should get a crack at it at least, and that’s most important — they’re talented enough to beat anyone in the country in one 60 minute shot.

There’s a long way to go in this season (and hopefully into April) but next season’s team has a chance to be incredible.
              Next seasons team does have the chance to be something else and its another reason I really feel this is the year we really need that NCAA win. Most of this core is returning and unlike previous good teams we aren't losing anything. A taste of NCAA success would just make the team that much better next year.

But as it's been said we need to finish strong. Win out. Go into the tourney feeling unbeatable
              All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity. - Gordie Howe

Comment

• Ice breaker tournament 2020 is a nice acknowledgement of how good this program has been although I would have preferred next year to a year after we lose quite a few important players

Comment

what's this I'm hearing?? you are going to be eating NaCHos before too long?
                  Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                  "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                  Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                  Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                    Are you hearing something new and definitive? Or is this just the normal, recycled "Jennifer Aniston and Her Man Are Having Problems!" stuff that keeps coming up?

Comment

• Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                      I don't see NCHC ever taking us. Just my opinion based on no information of any kind.

Be nice to clinch the cup this weekend but it would have been nice to do it at home.

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan19 View Post
                        I don't see NCHC ever taking us. Just my opinion based on no information of any kind.

Be nice to clinch the cup this weekend but it would have been nice to do it at home.
                        No way do I want to wait until next week to clinch the cup! Do it now!

That said, Alaska is playing a lot better than they were back in October, and it's always a difficult trip. Should be an interesting series.

Comment

• Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                          No way do I want to wait until next week to clinch the cup! Do it now!

That said, Alaska is playing a lot better than they were back in October, and it's always a difficult trip. Should be an interesting series.
                          Sealed the conference now we need to just keep winning. Saw the photos and was wondering has anyone else seen them in their 3rd jersey on the road? If not have to wonder if they weren't picking out their fav uni for picture time

Comment

• Originally posted by MavsFan19 View Post
                            Sealed the conference now we need to just keep winning. Saw the photos and was wondering has anyone else seen them in their 3rd jersey on the road? If not have to wonder if they weren't picking out their fav uni for picture time
                            UAF was wearing dark alternate jerseys. MSU agreed to bring light-colored sweaters for the contrast.
                            Co-Founder/Editor of BGSUHockey.com

Comment

• Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                              Fairly certain this is just smoke blowing at this point.

I’d be shocked if this happened before 2020-2021, but maintain that the University’s goal and intentions are to continue to pursue NCHC membership.
                              AF 99

Comment

Fairly certain this is just smoke blowing at this point.

I’d be shocked if this happened before 2020-2021, but maintain that the University’s goal and intentions are to continue to pursue NCHC membership.
                                It's a non issue. Our non conference schedule has been loaded with good teams and that won't change. I'd rather see us stay in WCHA personally. The conference is getting stronger

Comment

Working...
                                X