This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    And the people in power right now are the Republicans. When the Democrats have the power, it's the same thing. See: Bill Clinton. He should have been thrown out of office, not because of the affair (I don't give a crap about that), it's because he lied about it under oath. THAT should have been cause for removal.
    Wait a minute, you went from “Democrats don’t care about the working class either” to “Bill Clinton should’ve been impeached”? JFC Travis Pastrana couldn’t make that jump.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Re: SCOTUS 14: Confirming a Rabid Partisan to Own the Libs

Originally posted by rufus View Post
      Oh, so we keep the minimum wage and healthcare the same as they are, and we'll still put babies in cages, but maybe the mentally ill can't own whatever gun they want?

Finding common ground with people who feel it's perfectly ok to keep babies in cages is impossible. Racists aren't so bad, we just need to find some common ground. I bet they like ice cream just like I do.

What a frikkin' idiot.
      And the new minimum wage thing will end up eliminating jobs and/or benefits. You REALLY think the CEOs and other higher ups are going to take a pay cut? We already have grocery stores with self-checkout lanes. There's some elimination of jobs. Amazon did the $15/hr min wage, but eliminated employee bonuses. The min wage will actually hurt more than help. Heck, if the min wage hits $20/hr for flipping burgers at McDonald's, I just might switch careers. It'd be less stressful work.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        I agree with stating the evil things that Rs have done. Have you not been paying attention?

My "generic" message IS the message.

1. Promise stuff that appeals to the people
        2. Get lobbies to give you money to get elected
        3. Get voted in
        4. Do whatever the lobbies that supported you, tell you to do.
        5. Advance your career
        6. Repeat
        What lobby was pushing for the ACA? You know, the one brought to you by Democrats. Who don't care about regular people,. but just passed a law making it easier and more affordable for them to have healthcare coverage.
        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
          Wait a minute, you went from “Democrats don’t care about the working class either” to “Bill Clinton should’ve been impeached”? JFC Travis Pastrana couldn’t make that jump.
          I was referring to the "Republicans hindered everything" quoted post, if you are following along.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            And the new minimum wage thing will end up eliminating jobs and/or benefits. You REALLY think the CEOs and other higher ups are going to take a pay cut? We already have grocery stores with self-checkout lanes. There's some elimination of jobs. Amazon did the $15/hr min wage, but eliminated employee bonuses. The min wage will actually hurt more than help. Heck, if the min wage hits $20/hr for flipping burgers at McDonald's, I just might switch careers. It'd be less stressful work.
            That why if they don't want to give it voluntarily, then you tax it out of them. It's not that difficult.
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

What lobby was pushing for the ACA? You know, the one brought to you by Democrats. Who don't care about regular people,. but just passed a law making it easier and more affordable for them to have healthcare coverage.
              It's not more affordable. I was thankfully grandfathered in, but the cost through my workplace went up for the people hired after me. By quite a bit. It's more available, but not more affordable. And you get fined if you don't have it? How is that fair? What if someone says "I don't want it?" Too bad, gotta pay.

Comment

That why if they don't want to give it voluntarily, then you tax it out of them. It's not that difficult.
                "Yeah, but taxes make people angry and that makes the morale of the nation worse so productivity will go down" - or some excuse on why anything progressive is bad and therefore makes Dems evil.
                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

They pay the min wage, but it's for the jobs that are available. If a computer can do the job, then there's no job to pay the min wage to. It's not that difficult.

Comment

I would say both sides are bad, so people just vote with what they grew up believing in. And that's sad.
                    Republicans are clearly worse. At least Democrats want to enact policies that would help the average person. The republicans just want to starve
                    Government so they can give tax cuts to the wealthy (and also throw an occasional bone to the Christian taliban so they keep voting for them)

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                      Republicans are clearly worse. At least Democrats want to enact policies that would help the average person. The republicans just want to starve
                      Government so they can give tax cuts to the wealthy (and also throw an occasional bone to the Christian taliban so they keep voting for them)
                      That wasn't the Republican party I grew up with. It's why I abandoned them.

And the Democrats introduced the 3 Strike policy, which massively backfired (I agreed with it in principle, unfortunately, as I said, it backfired).

Comment

People working at jobs paying less than a livable wage are worse for the working class. They either a) have to take another job thus eliminating another potential living for someone else, plus they spend less time with their family which decreases their family’s chances at success, b) have to use welfare systems like food stamps to supplement their income, which increases the burden on other working class people, or c) both.

Automation is going to happen whatever the minimum wage is, you cannot stop the progress of time and technological evolution.

Brent, it is your attitude though that allows the wealthy class to win, your comment about McDonald’s workers is telling. Instead of looking down upon people like fast food workers, believing that your work somehow makes you better, you should realize that they aren’t any different from you (they’re people trying to make a living too) and help support them. Instead, you denigrate them and separate yourself them, making it that much for easier for the wealthy to consolidate their power.
                        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                          That has nothing to do with a primary.
                          We’ve got to take what we can get. You primary him and put someone more to the left we’ll end up with a Republican.

He’s the democrat version of Susan Collins. He gets to vote with the Republicans when it doesn’t matter that much.

Comment

That wasn't the Republican party I grew up with. It's why I abandoned them.

And the Democrats introduced the 3 Strike policy, which massively backfired (I agreed with it in principle, unfortunately, as I said, it backfired).
                            I doubt many Democrats support 3 strikes now. Parties change.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                              People working at jobs paying less than a livable wage are worse for the working class. They either a) have to take another job thus eliminating another potential living for someone else, plus they spend less time with their family which decreases their family’s chances at success, b) have to use welfare systems like food stamps to supplement their income, which increases the burden on other working class people, or c) both.

Automation is going to happen whatever the minimum wage is, you cannot stop the progress of time and technological evolution.

Brent, it is your attitude though that allows the wealthy class to win, your comment about McDonald’s workers is telling. Instead of looking down upon people like fast food workers, believing that your work somehow makes you better, you should realize that they aren’t any different from you (they’re people trying to make a living too) and help support them. Instead, you denigrate them and separate yourself them, making it that much for easier for the wealthy to consolidate their power.
                              You misunderstand me. I work in a warehouse. Blue collar. An honest dollar is an honest dollar to me. Period. However, I run an entire building by myself. If I take a minor pay cut, and get the same benefits, and get a LOT less stress due to the job I'm doing, because of the min wage laws...it's worth considering. Employers are NOT going to adjust wages due to min wage (oh you've been here x years, and now min wage is y, so we'll now pay you z).

I will never look down on someone working an honest job, whatever that may be.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                                I doubt many Democrats support 3 strikes now. Parties change.
                                Ding. Many (former) Republicans cannot stand the party now.

Comment

Working...
                                X