X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCOTUS 14: Confirming a Rabid Partisan to Own the Libs

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

This is shocking and massive. I can't believe this happened.
    It isnt that shocking to those of us who literally told you it would happen.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      It isnt that shocking to those of us who literally told you it would happen.
      In September, as everyone had their panties twisted up, I wrote here that Roe would never be overturned. Strange, but not everyone agreed with me. Even uno was a little skeptical, and probably still is.

https://board.uscho.com/showthread.p...t=#post6698147
      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

That'll be so nice for you, Hovey. Roe stays on the books, so you can jawbone (and fundraise) about that all day long as SCOTO (Supreme Court of the Trump Organization) makes it structurally and economically impossible to actually obtain an abortion.
        If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
          That'll be so nice for you, Hovey. Roe stays on the books, so you can jawbone (and fundraise) about that all day long as SCOTO (Supreme Court of the Trump Organization) makes it structurally and economically impossible to actually obtain an abortion.
          That is and always has been the goal. And they have been very successful at it.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Roe stays on the books, so you can jawbone (and fundraise) about that all day long
            There's no way the GOP ever turns off the spigot.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

If you can find a single post or word that I've ever uttered suggesting Roe should be overturned, or that abortion should be anything other than a woman's choice, go ahead and link to it genius. My posts on Roe have been almost entirely confined to the ridiculous nature of chicken littles on the left who have been running around since 1973 raising funds based upon the false argument that Roe will be overturned by the Courts.
              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                If you can find a single post or word that I've ever uttered suggesting Roe should be overturned, or that abortion should be anything other than a woman's choice, go ahead and link to it genius. My posts on Roe have been almost entirely confined to the ridiculous nature of chicken littles on the left who have been running around since 1973 raising funds based upon the false argument that Roe will be overturned by the Courts.
                False Funds?

Yeah. Women's Health Care sure has been progressing the last few years. There's nothing for the Democrats to worry about.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

My posts on Roe have been almost entirely confined to the ridiculous nature of chicken littles on the left who have been running around since 1973 raising funds based upon the false argument that Roe will be overturned by the Courts.
                  so you're admitting that your party is full of **** when they tell their voters that they are going to "over turn Roe v. Wade"?

Comment

Roe was all but overturned. The effective standard is Casey, and the trogs have been using it to chip away at reproductive rights ever since.

But the whole stupid argument is moot at this point. Even if they blew away Roe the only people who would be affected are poor blacks in the cities and poor white children of Dumpies.

Birth control is the key to women's rights, and the only way they're going to reverse that is to ban sending girls to school.

Women are going to keep on having sex and not be punished for it. The Thumpers can suck it.
                    Last edited by Kepler; 02-08-2019, 09:58 AM.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      Roe was all but overturned. The effective standard is Casey, and the trogs have been using it to chip away at reproductive rights ever since.
                      True.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                        In September, as everyone had their panties twisted up, I wrote here that Roe would never be overturned. Strange, but not everyone agreed with me. Even uno was a little skeptical, and probably still is.

https://board.uscho.com/showthread.p...t=#post6698147
                        It isn't Roe...it is that Roberts is pragmatic. He won't let Rapey McDrinksalotofbeer destroy his legacy.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

It isn't Roe...it is that Roberts is pragmatic. He won't let Rapey McDrinksalotofbeer destroy his legacy.
                          Unfortunately for him Citizens United already has.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            There's no way the GOP ever turns off the spigot.
                            I used to think that Kep until Nazis took over the party from political strategists like my incompetent great uncle Karl. The people now running the GOP are batchit insane and don't realize that all the GOP blathering over the last 45 years is merely to win easy votes and raise funds while not having to actually do anything for your constituents. Roberts, who comes from the now deceased Corporate wing of the party that used to like to avoid social issues, is looking to his right and seeing 4 nutters sitting next to him when he used to only have to deal with 2 or 3 (Scalia, Thomas, Alito). The dude is probably dying for another Citizens United type case to come his way instead of this sh it and the umpteenth ACA lawsuit.
                            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

I don't disagree with those statements, but I also think it goes back to what I posted 5-6 months ago, which is once a "constitutional right" has been enumerated, the Supremes aren't going to take it away. They may chip away at it. But when the citizens have been told "you have the right to" counsel, to get an abortion, to be read your rights before the police interrogate you, etc..., no Supreme Court (no matter their political makeup) is going to be the one to take that away.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                                so you're admitting that your party is full of **** when they tell their voters that they are going to "over turn Roe v. Wade"?
                                I don't doubt that people running for office, people heading up parties or even elected officials have publicly claimed they are going to try to overturn Roe, and made those statements to raise money or try to get elected. They may even believe they are going to get it done. But it ain't happening and anyone who gives money thinking they're going to help it happen is a sucker.

Comment

Working...
                                X