Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: SCOTUS 14: Confirming a Rabid Partisan to Own the Libs

Yep, still here

Re: SCOTUS 14: Confirming a Rabid Partisan to Own the Libs

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    I missed the circus today working and traveling, but why did Susan grandstand for so long? Why not just make a simple statement
    Trying to avoid a primary from the right for 2020
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    I missed the circus today working and traveling, but why did Susan grandstand for so long? Why not just make a simple statement
    You hit the right word - circus. I'm all for transparency, but TV has turned the Congress into a media show for the bases.

there's a good buck in that racket.

You dummies missed the Collins polling at the end of the last thread.

Her numbers got BETTER (42 went to 45)

Quote Originally Posted by trixR4kids View Post
    You’re acting like it’s some great burden for a Democrat to vote against those bills. That says enough about the modern democrat party on its own.
    He's a Democrat in a solid red state. The alternative is Republican who votes for those things.

I'd rather have him than Grassley or Ernst representing me.

Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post

Wouldn't bet the cow farm on that one. Says nothing about the 55.

And yes, support Manchin. He may vote with Trump half the time. But he's in the reddest state in the country in terms of '16 support for Trump - #1. Have to be smarter than this.
    Go Gophers!

Yep, still here

She went from +8 to 0.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

\../ \../
    Patiently awaiting changes I know are not coming.

30 or 40 years on the Court notwithstanding, Kavanaugh might be the best thing that could have happened. If this is not the final move that galvanizes voters we were screwed as a society anyway. White women without a college education voted overwhelmingly for trump in 2016. If that holds true in 2018 and they vote overwhelmingly again for the republicans on their ballots, despite the fact the less well-off financially you are dramatically increases the likelihood of being the victim of a sexual assault, we're fvcked again. I think our country is at a crossroads right now, not unlike where we were in the decade preceding the Civil War.

**NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: No Heart

It's time for the Dems to move on from this and focus on the midterms. A lot of knuckle-draggers are going to be energized by this process (for all the wrong reasons of course) and the surge to the polls that at one point was probable to favor the Dems might shrink by November.

Start talking about things that matter to a lot of people - tax cuts that aren't working, trade wars that aren't working, stagnant wages for most of the middle class, failing infrastructure, rising debt at the federal level, rising debt in the populace and a looming recession, etc., etc. Leave RvW, immigration and the environment alone until they take control of Congress and can then hopefully begin fixing all the sh*t that Trump has broken.

A ‘generic democrat’ would be a huge upgrade from some of the people the Democrats have run in Maine in recent times. If someone from away like Susan Rice runs they will get crushed.

Quote Originally Posted by Slap Shot View Post
    It's time for the Dems to move on from this and focus on the midterms. A lot of knuckle-draggers are going to be energized by this process (for all the wrong reasons of course) and the surge to the polls that at one point was probable to favor the Dems might shrink by November.

Start talking about things that matter to a lot of people - tax cuts that aren't working, trade wars that aren't working, stagnant wages for most of the middle class, failing infrastructure, rising debt at the federal level, rising debt in the populace and a looming recession, etc., etc. Leave RvW, immigration and the environment alone until they take control of Congress and can then hopefully begin fixing all the sh*t that Trump has broken.
    Love your second paragraph and agree wholeheartedly.

Quote Originally Posted by bronconick View Post
    She went from +8 to 0.
    The 45 for are much more likely yo vote there bronc

Loser Teacher

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

That is the perfect analogy
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

The 45 for are much more likely yo vote there bronc
    At least they won't get the tailwind of a senate weighting where a voter in Wyoming get 3.6x the representation of someone in California...or conservative gerrymandering at most other levels of government. They will actually have to survive on their own vote to win.
    Go Gophers!

Quote Originally Posted by Drew S. View Post
    A ‘generic democrat’ would be a huge upgrade from some of the people the Democrats have run in Maine in recent times. If someone from away like Susan Rice runs they will get crushed.
    You don't vote or live in Maine anymore, so no one cares what obvious troll says while obviously trolling.

Teaching you how to Bucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Slap Shot View Post
    Sure, as voters what we would like is for each candidate to stand up, say what they are for, and then let us choose which one we think is for the most things we agree with. Simple.
    But that is very, very rarely what ever happens. And that it's rare is not new, scheming as to how make the other guy look bad predates by millenia the Romans and Greeks and the spawning of the very first ideas about some viable way of ruling other than simply "might makes right".

The odd and rare thing is, that in the wake of the 2016 Dem disaster, just standing up and saying what you're for suddenly IS actually a really viable strategy for once. As evidence I'd cite the rise of Klobuchar's star on the national stage. Someone who is measured, doesn't engage in a lot of wildly partisan rhetoric and generally states what she thinks and what she is for. It seems to be working pretty well.

But there's no way that is going to be the plan from here to the mid-terms for anybody. Rover often appears to me to be in complete sync with the DNC brain trust as far as how they think. And what does Rover say a page or two back? Max outrage. Generating max outrage is the thing that will win in November. And I think that's 100% in sync with the DNC. Despite the fact that it was a loser in 2016, and despite the existence of some on the left lamenting even the halcyon days of GWB, a man considered by them to be at his very best a satanic mashup of Genghis Khan, Hitler, and Lloyd Christmas -- Still the belief clearly remains, if they just stick with it, if they can just turn it up to 11, or even 14, they will win in 2018. Maybe that is right and maybe they will.

Personally (and granted, I'm not all that smart) I think it's kind of dumb. As swing voters rebel from Trump's craziness and go in search of refuge, what do they find? Rather than the calm, soothing voice of sanity the swingers are longing for, it's going to be candidates who are pushed to engage in even more wildly partisan and inflammatory rhetoric designed to whip the base into whirling dervishes of max outrage. It's a bold strategy...
    Quote Originally Posted by WiscTJK View Post
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Lucia Apologist

Why not both? 50-state strategy. This isn’t a one size fits all nation. In some areas, maximum outrage. In others, fundamentals. Tailor the effort to each bloc within a state or even part of a state.

Let each state party be in charge of strategy. The national party should carefully fine tune the decisions and validate them. Stand on a basic plastform for the party; preferred qualifications. No purity tests and think big tent. 30% is always better than 0%.

Quote Originally Posted by 5mn_Major View Post
    At least they won't get the tailwind of a senate weighting where a voter in Wyoming get 3.6x the representation of someone in California...or conservative gerrymandering at most other levels of government. They will actually have to survive on their own vote to win.
    What does this have to do with Maine where her support went from 42 to 45?

What does this have to do with Maine where her support went from 42 to 45?
    You living under a rock? Hilly got more votes then tD!!
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Why not both? 50-state strategy. This isn’t a one size fits all nation.
    Great question, IMO.
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Thread Information