X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCOTUS 14: Confirming a Rabid Partisan to Own the Libs

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Oops. I don't know why I read that as liver.

I have no idea what a pancreas does, to be honest.
    It f cks you when it gets cancerous. Not very forgiving.

We need WW here for some bedside comforting.

That is one tough woman, though.
    Last edited by burd; 08-23-2019, 06:58 PM.

Comment

On the Kim Davis note, the administration has filed legal briefs asking SCOTUS to discriminate on sexual orientation and being transgender.

October 8 will be a telling day. And my community waits and prepares for the worst.
      Last edited by MissThundercat; 08-23-2019, 07:10 PM.
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post

It will not surprise me in the least if she is the first person in history to somehow kick pancreatic cancer's ***.
        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
        Originally posted by Quizmire
        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post

Not sure I have much to say on the comforting side of things. With the minimal details that are available and the caveat that my specialty is not oncology...

It really depends on the type of tumor. I do not think we know at this point if it is a primary pancreatic malignancy vs a metastasis. Generalizing a bit, a metastasis probably has a better outcome than a primary pancreatic tumor (the pancreas is that important). It worries me that they had to stent her bile duct, which indicates it was a large enough mass to cause local compression.

Then again she has beat pancreatic cancer before...so if it is a recurrence of that it is always harder to treat a second time but the fact she beat it once would indicate it might be less aggressive.

Overall, having **** wrong with your pancreas is a pretty rough time and I struggle to think of another organ I would want a tumor on less.

Make it to 2020...
          In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
          I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Originally posted by WisconsinWildcard View Post

Make it to 2021...
            Don't think Mitch is going treat this like he did Garland...
            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
            Originally posted by Quizmire
            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
              Don't think Mitch is going treat this like he did Garland...
              Nope, Pooty's Little B1tch will definitely call a vote on any of Dump's SCOTUS nominees.

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                On the Kim Davis note, the administration has filed legal briefs asking SCOTUS to discriminate on sexual orientation and being transgender.
                This is the lawyer in me, but that's not 100% accurate. They're not asking for SCOTUS to discriminate, they're asking SCOTUS to say that the provisions of the federal civil rights act which bars gender discrimination does not cover sexual orientation or gender identity.

Honestly, it's always been an awkward workaround given that most states which cover sexual orientation and gender identity do so explicitly, so the fact that federally you have to stretch the limits of definition of gender to encompass those categories by saying it's effectively discriminating based on gender norms has always been a bit of a reach.

The simple fix would just be for Congress to add those categories explicitly to the federal law. But yes, I know, good luck getting that through Moscow Mitch and the Republican Senate.

Comment

John Roberts is having a bad morning. 5 US Senators file an Amicus brief explicitly accusing the Supreme Court of being biased towards corporate interests.

The waylaying of American democracy was supposed to happen in quiet rooms!
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

And it will amount to nothing. I doubt he even noticed it let alone is bothered by it.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      And it will amount to nothing. I doubt he even noticed it let alone is bothered by it.
                      My favorite part is to reinforce their argument they quoted his own dissent in Obergefell.

It matters to this extent: Roberts, like Scalia, likes to kid himself that he's not a stooge. This demonstrates to the world that we're not buying it. Everybody knows Kavanaugh, Thomas, and Alito are jokes, but Roberts and Gorsuch think of themselves as real jurists. To be called on their bullsh-t so publicly has to sting.
                      Last edited by Kepler; 08-28-2019, 01:03 PM.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

John Roberts is having a bad morning. 5 US Senators file an Amicus brief explicitly accusing the Supreme Court of being biased towards corporate interests.

The waylaying of American democracy was supposed to happen in quiet rooms!
                        Wasn’t this from several weeks ago?

I’m not sure this is the best way to go about it.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          Wasn’t this from several weeks ago?

I’m not sure this is the best way to go about it.
                          I think it's a fantastic way to go about it.

My favorite part is to reinforce their argument they quoted his own dissent in Obergefell.

It matters to this extent: Roberts, like Scalia, likes to kid himself that he's not a stooge. This demonstrates to the world that we're not buying it. Everybody knows Kavanaugh, Thomas, and Alito are jokes, but Roberts and Gorsuch think of themselves as real jurists. To be called on their bullsh-t so publicly has to sting.
                          ^^^^^^
                          Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 08-28-2019, 01:52 PM.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

What’s the point of filing this as a brief instead of a floor speech
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Legal standing? Impact? I assume an amicus brief carries more weight than a simple speech on the Senate floor.
                              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Cause, if it's filed like this it goes in the Judicial Record and sticks it right up Roberts ***. That's why.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X