X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCOTUS 14: Confirming a Rabid Partisan to Own the Libs

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    So he has an excuse to type "kjlghdeahb"
    I read and listen to the other side. I give them a chance. Every day, actually. Then I can make an informed opinion of how ****ing deplorable they really are.

But, bsabsvr.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

See?
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        See?
        No other thing that anyone can post or say explains the voting patterns of the United States better than bsabsvr. That has what has happened since 1980. And, IMO, will continue to happen for the forseeable future.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Now that the far right has seated two new Justices in the past year, look for Roberts to continue drifting slightly more towards the center. Not saying that a W appointee is going to become a flaming lib (far from it - especially when making decisions that will favor corporations), but CJs often do this when the court starts to drift too far in one direction, which it clearly now has. Especially once Trump gets to replace RBG with Amy Coney Barrett.

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
          Saw a meme this morning with a picture of Kavanaugh and the caption "God Had the Final Say."

I'm supposed to reason with these people?
          No, you aren't. These are the type of toxic, simple-minded, provincially-thinking people that you instead shut out of your life.

You know - morons.

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          Dr. Ford is being eviscerated over and over again on Fox News Sunday. This is one hell of a country.
          What a world.

Thank goodness I don't get cable at home, so I haven't seen much cable news lately. Whenever it's on in the airport lounge, I try to go find a corner where I can't hear/see it.
          Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 10-07-2018, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            Now that the far right has seated two new Justices in the past year, look for Roberts to continue drifting slightly more towards the center. Not saying that a W appointee is going to become a flaming lib (far from it - especially when making decisions that will favor corporations), but CJs often do this when the court starts to drift too far in one direction, which it clearly now has. Especially once Trump gets to replace RBG with Amy Coney Barrett.

No, you aren't. These are the type of toxic, simple-minded, provincially-thinking people that you instead shut out of your life.

You know - morons.

What a world.

Thank goodness I don't get cable at home, so I haven't seen much cable news lately. Whenever it's on in the airport lounge, I try to go find a corner where I can't hear/see it.
            Fox News Sunday isn't cable news.

Comment

100% agree. I’ve been kicking that idea around in my head for a week or two, maybe as deluded hope for the future. Hope is all we have right now.

I think unofan had some comments of judicial drift as well. Maybe four threads ago.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Random comments I've been exposed to over the last 48 hours or so:

"Elections matter." -- Alan Dershowitz. Yes Alan, it's about who shows ... nevermind.

"Amy Coney Barrett is right of Kavanaugh; she makes him look almost liberal."

"Sexual predators don't change. We know this; we make them register for life. So where's this guy's bad actions in the last 10, 20, 30 years?"
                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Especially once Trump gets to replace RBG with Amy Coney Barrett.
                  Trump's done two already. If Trump won in 2020 he'd have a shot at ... five.

Notorious RBG is 85.
                  Breyer is 80.
                  Thomas is 70.
                  Alito is 68.
                  Sotomayor is 64.
                  Roberts is 63.
                  Kagan is 58.
                  Kavanaugh is 53.
                  Gorsuch is the puppy at 51.
                  The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                    Random comments I've been exposed to over the last 48 hours or so:

"Elections matter." -- Alan Dershowitz. Yes Alan, it's about who shows ... nevermind.

"Amy Coney Barrett is right of Kavanaugh; she makes him look almost liberal."

"Sexual predators don't change. We know this; we make them register for life. So where's this guy's bad actions in the last 10, 20, 30 years?"
                    His behavior at the hearing was surely consistent with descriptions that he was an angry aggressive person. And obviously of the belief that democrats were conspiring against him. The temperament considerations are why his own law school and the American Bar Association opposed his appointment. And the Bar Association had approved him prior to that sorry display.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                      I would say both sides are bad, so people just vote with what they grew up believing in. And that's sad.
                      Except BSABSVR is an established meme from the Dubya and early Obama eras reflecting the trend of certain Independents to claim they aren't taking sides by claiming both sides are bad, yet always finding an excuse to vote GOP.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        Why watch?
                        For once, mookie makes a valid point.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                          Except BSABSVR is an established meme from the Dubya and early Obama eras reflecting the trend of certain Independents to claim they aren't taking sides by claiming both sides are bad, yet always finding an excuse to vote GOP.
                          I don't recall the last time I voted for GOP so him responding with that to my posts is rather silly.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                            Trump's done two already. If Trump won in 2020 he'd have a shot at ... five.

Notorious RBG is 85.
                            Breyer is 80.
                            Thomas is 70.
                            Alito is 68.
                            Sotomayor is 64.
                            Roberts is 63.
                            Kagan is 58.
                            Kavanaugh is 53.
                            Gorsuch is the puppy at 51.
                            Which is why 2020 is going to be a war for making SCOTUS a 7-2 rubber stamp for the right on 90% of cases. Expect that to be the Republican campaign strategy.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
                              For once, mookie makes a valid point.
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                                His behavior at the hearing was surely consistent with descriptions that he was an angry aggressive person. And obviously of the belief that democrats were conspiring against him. The temperament considerations are why his own law school and the American Bar Association opposed his appointment. And the Bar Association had approved him prior to that sorry display.
                                The dean of Yale Law School, Heather Gerkin, joined with the ABA in their requesting the FBI further investigate allegations against Kavanaugh after the Ford hearing. I'm not aware of the ABA or the Yalie suggesting since the investigation was completed that it was insufficient or a "sham". The ABA has reopened it's ("well qualified") evaluation of Kavanaugh this last week in regards to the temperament question, but it's not completed yet. So as of now they said their original evaluation stands. Unless there is some other info out there to cite, I'm not sure you can rightly say that either Yale or the ABA oppose the appointment.
                                Originally posted by WiscTJK
                                I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                                Originally posted by Timothy A
                                Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Working...
                                X