Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Hockey 2018 - 2019: 28 Guys Skate onto a Rink ...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

I’m so glad that both Coach and Jacob talked about Donovan Ott. I thought he played an incredible game. I wish he had better wheels (his breakaway seemed in slow motion) but the kid has great heart and instincts. The near goal and the puck possession play to kill the clock at the end were obvious, but the screen on Jacob’s goal was the real game winner. He came away from the net to fetch the puck at the bottom of the circle, got the puck back up top and then went right back to the net. When Hayhurst released his shot all the goalie could see was a red mass from the backside of Donovan’s pants. I predicted a few weeks ago that he and Burgess among the returnees had to make the next step up if we are to have significant improvement this season. If he keeps making those kind of plays I’m going to have a new favorite player.

Comment

• Re: RPI Hockey 2018 - 2019: 28 Guys Skate onto a Rink ...

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

It looks like they get better every game. There appears to be set plays in the offensive zone, and they're winning more faceoffs.

Also notice the forwards busting hump back checking which is great to see. Just more flow to their game over the past 2 weeks and the defense is more mobile, especially # 28, Hellabauer. Hopefully it continues next weekend on the road.

Comment

I fell asleep early late than usual last night anticipating the changing of the clock back an hour to standard time. Had a wonderful dream that the men's RPI hockey team was in first place in the ECAC. I got up at my usual time 5AM thanks to our furry four legged alarm clock and jumped into the shower only to realize that i had not slept at all and it wasn't a dream. it may be very early in the season but what a nice feeling to have!!!

P.S.-Winning and controlling face offs and exerting offensive pressure by fore checking has already done wonders so far!!
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Any further news on Reilly? He could make a huge difference if healthy.

Comment

• Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
              Hope to see savory in net tonight
              Any particular reason?
              Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                Any particular reason?
                Presumably because Marshall got lit up the night previous.
                RPI Pep Band
                GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                  Presumably because Marshall got lit up the night previous.
                  Not to mention seemed a bit angle shaky on those odd man rushes.

Comment

RPI football moves up one slot to #14. At this time of year never expect much movement in those rankings until the playoffs start so that may well be the highest we get. A win over Union next weekend goes a long way towards keeping us at home for the first round of the NCAA playoffs and obviously a much better seeding. I believe this is the first time we have made the playoffs in two consecutive years. Becoming a nice habit!!

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                      RPI football moves up one slot to #14. At this time of year never expect much movement in those rankings until the playoffs start so that may well be the highest we get. A win over Union next weekend goes a long way towards keeping us at home for the first round of the NCAA playoffs and obviously a much better seeding. I believe this is the first time we have made the playoffs in two consecutive years. Becoming a nice habit!!
                      And very hard to believe considering the football team's recent history when I arrived in 1964.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                        Any further news on Reilly? He could make a huge difference if healthy.
                        Was told he was in the tube for imaging on Sat morning - no word on diagnosis.
                        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                          I fell asleep early late than usual last night anticipating the changing of the clock back an hour to standard time. Had a wonderful dream that the men's RPI hockey team was in first place in the ECAC. I got up at my usual time 5AM thanks to our furry four legged alarm clock and jumped into the shower only to realize that i had not slept at all and it wasn't a dream. it may be very early in the season but what a nice feeling to have!!!

P.S.-Winning and controlling face offs and exerting offensive pressure by fore checking has already done wonders so far!!
                          I think we need to give credit to Dave Smith. He preaches the same things that SA and DF preached, but he gets the team to buy into it. Most of this team is his team, and they are listening. Also, I see some great potential in some of the freshmen.
                          Ferner and Hallbauer are going to be difference makers in the years to come. Bowman and DiGrande could develop into very good forwards.
                          And with three new players joining the team in December, we could surprise the league in the second half of the season.
                          LGR
                          Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                          Benjamin Franklin
                          The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                          Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                            Was told he was in the tube for imaging on Sat morning - no word on diagnosis.
                            Hopefully he didn't break a rib, given where he was clutching...

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              Hopefully he didn't break a rib, given where he was clutching...
                              Would not be the worst case scenario. If it is one of the unattached floating ribs especially. As long as it is not displaced or as long as the lung is not affected by it, there would really be little or no treatment. The pain persists for a while but there are a myriad of far worse things that could have happened. Keeping fingers crossed as it is far too early in the season for us to start experiencing a cast of walking wounded. If Reilly and Lacka can get back shortly, we might actually have a much better than expected 2018 part of the season.
                              Supposedly knowledgeable bet makers have the early odds on RPI for this coming weekend on the road as a 16% chance of winning each game. They peg the median score as 4-2 (roughly) both nights. They have the RPI football teams as a 60% favorite over Union with the median score at 21-16. I have looked at these things over many years and find that they are fairly decent in predicting football (but only after a season is about 4 or 5 games though). But their reliability for hockey has not been all that good even as late as the playoffs in March. Just my observation but they seem to give too much advantage in football for home field and not enough advantage for it in hockey. I consider last change in hockey as a larger advantage than most give it.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                                Would not be the worst case scenario. If it is one of the unattached floating ribs especially. As long as it is not displaced or as long as the lung is not affected by it, there would really be little or no treatment. The pain persists for a while but there are a myriad of far worse things that could have happened. Keeping fingers crossed as it is far too early in the season for us to start experiencing a cast of walking wounded. If Reilly and Lacka can get back shortly, we might actually have a much better than expected 2018 part of the season.
                                Supposedly knowledgeable bet makers have the early odds on RPI for this coming weekend on the road as a 16% chance of winning each game. They peg the median score as 4-2 (roughly) both nights. They have the RPI football teams as a 60% favorite over Union with the median score at 21-16. I have looked at these things over many years and find that they are fairly decent in predicting football (but only after a season is about 4 or 5 games though). But their reliability for hockey has not been all that good even as late as the playoffs in March. Just my observation but they seem to give too much advantage in football for home field and not enough advantage for it in hockey. I consider last change in hockey as a larger advantage than most give it.
                                Reilly is a key component. He was playing like a kid that had finally been given the keys to the car and he was determined to run with it. We're running a fairly structured system but I think Will is one of the few that has the skills and confidence of the coaching staff to be the type of play-maker we've often lacked. That sometimes requires a little freelancing and this year Will seems to have had a good sense when to do that and when to stick to the basic plan.

Comment

Working...
                                X