Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Hockey 2018 - 2019: 28 Guys Skate onto a Rink ...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2018 - 2019: 28 Guys Skate onto a Rink ...

Heading to Lowell for the game optimistic (since 1963). Need another highlight after Union.

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Nice win today Engineers. ECAC 1 HE 0
        DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
        DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
          Nice win today Engineers. ECAC 1 HE 0
          Tnx. You really don't like those Hockey East rapscallions, do you?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            8 Matchups this weekend with HE. We were 7-7 against HE to start the weekend. Now, thanks to RPI we are 8-7. Usually its a good metric as to how we are doing. However, this year BC and BU are not yet up to snuff so we will see.
            DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
            DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              Brockport has been considered close to a 24 point favorite for this game with the median predicted score standing at 34-10. hopefully the stats do not represent how well we might match up with them. also, this game is in Buffalo where the weather just could play a big role in how this all plays out. keeping fingers crossed here that we live to play another day!
              BTW the same wagering gurus had UML over RPI by 1+ goals with a predicted score of 3-2. So you can not always put your faith in them.
              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

I had forgotten all about the fact that today's game was going to start at 4:00, but it was certainly a pleasant surprise to see how it turned out.

I didn't see anything on the game thread explaining why Savory got the start in goal instead of Marshall. Is Marshall hurt - sick - attending somebody's wedding - or was it just a case that with two games against the same non-league opponent this weekend, Coach Smith decided to give each of his two top goaltenders a start?

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                  I had forgotten all about the fact that today's game was going to start at 4:00, but it was certainly a pleasant surprise to see how it turned out.

I didn't see anything on the game thread explaining why Savory got the start in goal instead of Marshall. Is Marshall hurt - sick - attending somebody's wedding - or was it just a case that with two games against the same non-league opponent this weekend, Coach Smith decided to give each of his two top goaltenders a start?
                  It was a good place to give him a start.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                      Brockport has been considered close to a 24 point favorite for this game with the median predicted score standing at 34-10. hopefully the stats do not represent how well we might match up with them. also, this game is in Buffalo where the weather just could play a big role in how this all plays out. keeping fingers crossed here that we live to play another day!
                      BTW the same wagering gurus had UML over RPI by 1+ goals with a predicted score of 3-2. So you can not always put your faith in them.
                      Why would it be in Buffalo? Brockport's a lot closer to Rochester than Buffalo, plus I thought they had their own place...

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post

Let's also remember that he got pulled in the Princeton game, and has been looking a little shaky as of late. And given it's a NC game, what the heck, let's give Savory a chance.

Comment

Let's also remember that he got pulled in the Princeton game, and has been looking a little shaky as of late. And given it's a NC game, what the heck, let's give Savory a chance.
                          And he was the best goalie in Canada last year.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Postgame: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-cf0YmLvDo

Comment

One problem is that when we defeat a HEA team is that it benefits Union more than us. I am certainly not saying that I want to lose, but the only way RPI will make the NCAA tourney (as unlikely as that is) is by winning the ECAC tourney (as unlikely as that is), but this improves the PWR of the whole league including the irksome #26.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Why would it be in Buffalo? Brockport's a lot closer to Rochester than Buffalo, plus I thought they had their own place...
                                i used Buffalo as a generic term for that entire area weather wise. With the wind blowing off the lakes which are not yet frozen, there is a good chance this game will be one in which it is not a lot of fun to sit in the stands for 3 hours. Brockport has had one heck of a year both offensively and defensively. My hope is that the only favorable comparison for us is that they had a heck of a time with ithaca (who we beat but also had a heck of a time and were grossly beaten statistically). The first half, and probably more importantly, the first few series of downs, will be crucial. We can afford zero mistakes and hope we can force some errors and keep this one competitive so that anything can happen.
                                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Working...
                                X