Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Hockey 2018 - 2019: 28 Guys Skate onto a Rink ...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2018 - 2019: 28 Guys Skate onto a Rink ...

Really disappointed in the result last night. We out played a better team and fought for 64 minutes. Then we let one guy skate all over the ice without challenging him until he had great position to put the puck on net with a crowd in front of Marshall.
    We still couldn't score enough to win, but we played with energy and didn't give up when we fell behind. Except for the final score, I thought we played a great game.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin
    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
    Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by rsfs04 View Post
      Did anyone notice Jaren Burke is no longer on the roster? I might’ve missed a post in the last few weeks.
      I had not noticed it.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by rsfs04 View Post
        Did anyone notice Jaren Burke is no longer on the roster? I might’ve missed a post in the last few weeks.
        Wouldn't surprise me, especially after we saw he wasn't being used for the Brown game, where I expected muscle like his to be.

Comment

• Originally posted by rsfs04 View Post
          He has left the program and the school.

Comment

Originally posted by Noresmen View Post
            He has left the program and the school.
            Although he's still in the directory, I suspect that will change when the next semester begins.

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
              Really disappointed in the result last night. We out played a better team and fought for 64 minutes. Then we let one guy skate all over the ice without challenging him until he had great position to put the puck on net with a crowd in front of Marshall.
              We still couldn't score enough to win, but we played with energy and didn't give up when we fell behind. Except for the final score, I thought we played a great game.
              I thought the 12,8,39 line looked good. Is Hayhurst hurt? Looking for a W tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by RPI67 View Post
                I thought the 12,8,39 line looked good. Is Hayhurst hurt? Looking for a W tonight.
                We’ll find out tonight if he’s in the lineup.

And I look for a W every night. Not that we get that many...

Comment

• Originally posted by RPI67 View Post
                  What did you like about that line

Comment

Originally posted by Noresmen View Post
                    What did you like about that line
                    Just watching what I've seen tonight thus far, I'm liking them too. Good offensive fundamentals, getting to the right places on the ice, but most of all, they look so well in sync, almost like they've been playing with each other for a couple years. I hope to see those three on the same line for a good while (even as I see Hayhurst in with 8 and 12 as I type this).

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I thought the team played well this weekend. Savory once again had a solid outing. Marshall had a tough time controlling rebounds. Tough losses both games. Penalties were a source of concern once again. IMO Koharski turned the time with his missed call on the hooking of Gornall which led directly Vermont's first goal. If that call had been made I don't believe RPI would have lost the game. I didn't see it mentioned any where, Polino was named to the All Tournament team. I thought he had a strong weekend and the line of Linden, Polino and Lappenan played very well. I also liked the line of Hayhurst, Burgess and Wiffen. Let's hope the 7 game skid ends this coming weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by Noresmen View Post
                          I thought the team played well this weekend. Savory once again had a solid outing. Marshall had a tough time controlling rebounds. Tough losses both games. Penalties were a source of concern once again. IMO Koharski turned the time with his missed call on the hooking of Gornall which led directly Vermont's first goal. If that call had been made I don't believe RPI would have lost the game. I didn't see it mentioned any where, Polino was named to the All Tournament team. I thought he had a strong weekend and the line of Linden, Polino and Lappenan played very well. I also liked the line of Hayhurst, Burgess and Wiffen. Let's hope the 7 game skid ends this coming weekend.
                          Really like Wiffen’s game since he’s been moved to Wing.

Comment

Happy New Year to everyone here. I think there's a reason to be a little more optimistic than year's past in 2019. Long ways to go. LGR!
                            Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Happy New Year to all.
                              We have the talent to play with anyone, but we do not seem to have the talent it takes to put the puck in the net.
                              We need to find a way to score a lot of ugly goals. Keep the goalies moving from side to side and block their vision.
                              And most importantly, get the puck on net.
                              Lets go red!!!!!
                              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                              Benjamin Franklin
                              The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                              Gary Player

Comment

FD08,

Jim Hyla started a new thread at eLynah for Cornell's 2019/20 schedule today. He wrote that he would scan in the complete ECAC non-travel partner schedule when he gets home, whenever that is. I will check again later. So far all I know is that we are home vs. Cornell on Friday, 1/10/20, and @ Cornell on Saturday, 2/15/20. One can, of course, figure out when we play Colgate from that.
                                Last edited by Ralph Baer; 01-01-2019, 07:17 AM.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X