Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1002

Thread: RPI Hockey 2018 - 2019: 28 Guys Skate onto a Rink ...

Re: RPI Hockey 2018 - 2019: 28 Guys Skate onto a Rink ...

Quote Originally Posted by jericho View Post
    As long as RPI doesn’t have anyone else named York come in, I see no problem
    That did cross my mind.

Cam York has already switched once. Perhaps we could get him to it again. Michigan does owe us "a player to be named later" for Austin Swankler.

I better not look that up.

I miss Tie Domi
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDemento View Post
    I am not sure if anything can get them back. it is just a different world with a different outlook. many students just do not want to sit in a cold field house for a few hours (unless of course they can be served a beer there). it is just far too easy (and of course lazy) to turn on the computer and watch or listen. Also, a fairly large percentage of students have hockey way down the list of things that interest them at all. Perhaps we could get a bigger turn out for badminton?
    Just as a bit of perspective, RPI is currently 2nd in the league in average attendance (3304). Cornell is tops with 3626.

I miss Tie Domi
    Quote Originally Posted by Noresmen View Post
    What’s it take to bring the AD and the School President and other officials out to support the program? The suite was dark yet again this week.
    Embarrassing ...as was the pep band's absence at the Mayors Cup. Union's band was there! A couple of years ago they didn't even have a band.!! The spiral continues ....

Conductor emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
    Embarrassing ...as was the pep band's absence at the Mayors Cup. Union's band was there! A couple of years ago they didn't even have a band.!! The spiral continues ....
    Band decided not to go because of the impending snowstorm and it being a school night. I'm not going to say I agree with the decision, but it wasn't completely unreasonable.
    RPI Pep Band
    GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
    🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
    2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
    2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Quote Originally Posted by lugnut92 View Post
    Band decided not to go because of the impending snowstorm and it being a school night. I'm not going to say I agree with the decision, but it wasn't completely unreasonable.
    Our band doesn't have the use of the contents of a salt dome like Union's.

Alleged Kool-Aid Drinker....OH YEAH

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post

I better not look that up.
    Haha Ralph, good old fashion WWF lol. Yes, thats my tweet and I was in attendance in 1992 as a very young kid.
    Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Quote Originally Posted by fishcore12 View Post
    Haha Ralph, good old fashion WWF lol. Yes, thats my tweet and I was in attendance in 1992 as a very young kid.
    I didn't realize that was you although the name sounded familiar. I think that this isn't the first time that I posted your tweets which were caught by the rpi_puck_news bot.

Alleged Kool-Aid Drinker....OH YEAH

I didn't realize that was you although the name sounded familiar. I think that this isn't the first time that I posted your tweets which were caught by the rpi_puck_news bot.
    Hey if it gets more eyes on my mindless and non serious tweets, then I'm all for it. The RPI news bot does retweet anything with RPI in the tweet regardless if it actually involves RPI Hockey.
    Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Owen Savory performance for @RPI_Hockey in the Mayors Cup was the best performance @TUCenter since Ric Flair won the 1992 Royal Rumble there.

Nothing can top that show. I was there that night too. The Hulkamania bit of saying your prayers and eating your vitamins had run it's course and had gotten tired. The fans just plain has their fill of it. They cheered wildly when the Hulkster was sent over the top rope and eliminated. They also booed him robustly as he left the ring area and then went bananas when Slick Rick won the Rumble. Unfortunately, every one else the company tried to hand the torch to previously were simply unable to carry the company on their backs, most notably the utterly abysmal Ultimate Warrior. So they basically had to lure an already aging Nature Boy away from Ted Turner's company with a boatload of money and the rest is history. Pure gold!!!

Other memorable matches that evening were Rowdy Roddy Piper getting the duke over the Mountie. Both were among the best acts the company ever turned out. Then you had the brutish Bushwackers Luke and Butch "locking horns" with the far less than brutish Beverly Brothers, Beau and Blake. Double DQ for that one.

The "brothers" (actually no relation except for insanity) had a good run with that act in the early 90's. No chance that act would ever see the light of day in these times. Acts like that one have now been filed away forever along with all the other politically incorrect acts like the salt toting Japanese bad guys who almost always used it to "blind" the opposition. (today, the Asian Pacific guys are all purer than a Tibetan snowfall) and Nazis hailing from the "fatherlands" of Quebec (Hans Schmidt), Ontario (Waldo Von Erich) and Minnesota (Baron Von Rascke). That's where Guy, Wallace and Jim, respectively, were really from.

Nice review of the Rumble. I was there with my late friend Mike (who Tony would know). And who eliminated Hogan from the Rumble? Yep, the totally untalented Sid Vicious (who was a hero who turned on Hogan) Vicious was shortly eliminated by Flair (who entered the Rumble at #1 and lasted over an hour). Anyway, back to hockey...
    This thread is almost full. Time to come up with a new name soon. How ablout: WANTED: Goal scorer?

Hey if it gets more eyes on my mindless and non serious tweets, then I'm all for it. The RPI news bot does retweet anything with RPI in the tweet regardless if it actually involves RPI Hockey.
    I think that it looks for the combination of RPI or Rensselaer and hockey. Thus it retweets tweets about the Rating Percentage Index. I find it useful.

Quote Originally Posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
    Nice review of the Rumble. I was there with my late friend Mike (who Tony would know). And who eliminated Hogan from the Rumble? Yep, the totally untalented Sid Vicious (who was a hero who turned on Hogan) Vicious was shortly eliminated by Flair (who entered the Rumble at #1 and lasted over an hour). Anyway, back to hockey...
    This thread is almost full. Time to come up with a new name soon. How ablout: WANTED: Goal scorer?
    I will probably go with the suggestion of "We're Just Gonna Complain, Don't Bother Reading". I liked "We Probably Kept Union Out of the Tourney" a bit better, but it would probably attract their fans here.

Any more suggestions?
    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 02-01-2019 at 08:38 AM.

Interview with Owen Savory https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NWFxQXFJVA

Edit: rather poor audio
    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 02-01-2019 at 12:40 PM.

I will probably go with the suggestion of "We're Just Gonna Complain, Don't Bother Reading". I liked "We Probably Kept Union Out of the Tourney" a bit better, but it would probably attract their fans here.

Any more suggestions?
    I prefer "Wanted: Goal Scorers" but that may be better for the recruiting thread. Has that thread ever had a theme?

Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by rpi82 View Post
    I prefer "Wanted: Goal Scorers" but that may be better for the recruiting thread. Has that thread ever had a theme?
    It used to have one a long time ago, but has since been dropped.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

"Better to be infamous than never famous at all." -Roger Stone

Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    It used to have one a long time ago, but has since been dropped.
    A loooooooong time ago.

Conductor emeritus

Winning: more fun than losing!
    RPI Pep Band
    GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
    🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
    2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
    2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Signer of '65 Arena first beam.

Thanks to RPITV for broadcasting the game. You are the only team I know of that makes it easy to access the action without jumping through hoops
    COLGATE HOCKEY:"Welcome aboard Mitch, Andrew, Griffin and Jeff"

Thread Information