Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Hockey 2018 - 2019: 28 Guys Skate onto a Rink ...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2018 - 2019: 28 Guys Skate onto a Rink ...

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
    I totally disagree with that. We haven't had a natural goal scorer since Pirri.
    Without a natural goal scorer, we have to put the puck on net and crash for the rebounds.
    We can score three goals a game with what we have, but nobody is afraid of our offense, and they play us as tight as they can which just makes us hurry shots and miss the net.
    We need a scorer who will make the opposition back up and give us some room. Right now, he doesn't exist on this team.
    Natural goal scorers are in a league of their own. However, you could say the same thing about some of the other players we've had in the recent past that just haven't materialized, like Laliberté. Even if we were to have natural goal scorers, we should still be crashing the net for rebounds, because a good defender can shut down a natural scorer.

Comment

Without a natural goal scorer, we have to put the puck on net and crash for the rebounds.
      We can score three goals a game with what we have, but nobody is afraid of our offense, and they play us as tight as they can which just makes us hurry shots and miss the net.
      We need a scorer who will make the opposition back up and give us some room. Right now, he doesn't exist on this team.
      Pirri is a natural goal scorer, but he only scored 11 goals in his one year at RPI. The same year Chase Polacek had 26 and Paul Kerins 15. We have has 13 other times since then players with 11 or more goals.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Absolutely. If not a goal scorer, then we need players who can make an opponent respect them enough to back up. Whether it is respecting their goal scoring or their speed and quickness up ice or simply their clean passing out of the zone, anything that will get them back on their heels will help. Most times they get the puck into our zone and set up camp with their defensemen simply holding everything in either at the point along the boards or at the center of our defensive blue line. This just gives them long stretches of time in our zone and several second and third chances to shoot. This year so far, we seem to have some of the tools but just not enough yet.
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          Pirri is a natural goal scorer, but he only scored 11 goals in his one year at RPI. The same year Chase Polacek had 26 and Paul Kerins 15. We have has 13 other times since then players with 11 or more goals.
          Pirri was a freshman, and he still opened up the ice for the likes of Polacek and Kerins. Polacek was a good goal scorer and I am sure that he benefited from Pirri and D'Amigo.
          As for the other guys that scored more than 11, none of those guys put fear into the opposition.
          I thought that Jerry showed promise last year, but he has regressed. We have a couple of freshmen who could make a difference, but I wouldn't expect too much this year. We will get a better idea after January 1st.
          I do like the fact that Smith has them playing together. We are making much fewer mistakes in our defensive zone, and our breakout is much better than in the past.
          I see some good things for us in the future.
          Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
          Benjamin Franklin
          The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
          Gary Player

Comment

Pirri was a freshman, and he still opened up the ice for the likes of Polacek and Kerins. Polacek was a good goal scorer and I am sure that he benefited from Pirri and D'Amigo.
            As for the other guys that scored more than 11, none of those guys put fear into the opposition.
            I thought that Jerry showed promise last year, but he has regressed. We have a couple of freshmen who could make a difference, but I wouldn't expect too much this year. We will get a better idea after January 1st.
            I do like the fact that Smith has them playing together. We are making much fewer mistakes in our defensive zone, and our breakout is much better than in the past.
            I do agree that Pirri opened up the ice for others, but also vice versa.

Haggerty didn't put fear I other teams?
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

.....just to be fair for Paulie, he had 18.
              Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

There aren’t many snipers out there. Off the top of my head, besides Union, I can’t think of any ECAC teams in the last 8 seasons who have had 3 20+ goal scorers.....RPI has had 3, Haggs 28, Polacek 26 & 22.
                Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                  .....just to be fair for Paulie, he had 18.
                  I used https://www.augenblick.org/rpi/h_08sc.html.

Kurt Stutt doesn't make mistakes.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                    One thing I'm seeming to notice from the few games I've seen, RPI is doing a much better job clearing the puck on the PK, instead of playing with the puck and having it be stolen, leading to a goal. That's a good sign.
                    Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

I used https://www.augenblick.org/rpi/h_08sc.html.

Kurt Stutt doesn't make mistakes.
                      I stand corrected. I knew he had 31pts but I thought it was 18g 13a. elite prospects agrees with 15g 16a.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                        One thing I'm seeming to notice from the few games I've seen, RPI is doing a much better job clearing the puck on the PK, instead of playing with the puck and having it be stolen, leading to a goal. That's a good sign.
                        We're also doing a lot less of that drop pass, and when our game is on, we seem to be going tape to tape a lot better. We're finally figuring out what to do with the puck when we have it.

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow RPI alums, fans, and listeners. I appreciate all of your insights (and sometimes they make it on the air.) Enjoy your family, friends, football and hockey games. Go Red!

Comment

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nca...VGR?li=BBnba9I

Great job, Reuben. What being a human is all about.

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X