Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Hockey 2018 - 2019: 28 Guys Skate onto a Rink ...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2018 - 2019: 28 Guys Skate onto a Rink ...

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
    Haha Ralph, good old fashion WWF lol. Yes, thats my tweet and I was in attendance in 1992 as a very young kid.
    Owen Savory performance for @RPI_Hockey in the Mayors Cup was the best performance @TUCenter since Ric Flair won the 1992 Royal Rumble there.

Nothing can top that show. I was there that night too. The Hulkamania bit of saying your prayers and eating your vitamins had run it's course and had gotten tired. The fans just plain has their fill of it. They cheered wildly when the Hulkster was sent over the top rope and eliminated. They also booed him robustly as he left the ring area and then went bananas when Slick Rick won the Rumble. Unfortunately, every one else the company tried to hand the torch to previously were simply unable to carry the company on their backs, most notably the utterly abysmal Ultimate Warrior. So they basically had to lure an already aging Nature Boy away from Ted Turner's company with a boatload of money and the rest is history. Pure gold!!!

Other memorable matches that evening were Rowdy Roddy Piper getting the duke over the Mountie. Both were among the best acts the company ever turned out. Then you had the brutish Bushwackers Luke and Butch "locking horns" with the far less than brutish Beverly Brothers, Beau and Blake. Double DQ for that one.

The "brothers" (actually no relation except for insanity) had a good run with that act in the early 90's. No chance that act would ever see the light of day in these times. Acts like that one have now been filed away forever along with all the other politically incorrect acts like the salt toting Japanese bad guys who almost always used it to "blind" the opposition. (today, the Asian Pacific guys are all purer than a Tibetan snowfall) and Nazis hailing from the "fatherlands" of Quebec (Hans Schmidt), Ontario (Waldo Von Erich) and Minnesota (Baron Von Rascke). That's where Guy, Wallace and Jim, respectively, were really from.

Comment

Nice review of the Rumble. I was there with my late friend Mike (who Tony would know). And who eliminated Hogan from the Rumble? Yep, the totally untalented Sid Vicious (who was a hero who turned on Hogan) Vicious was shortly eliminated by Flair (who entered the Rumble at #1 and lasted over an hour). Anyway, back to hockey...
      This thread is almost full. Time to come up with a new name soon. How ablout: WANTED: Goal scorer?

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
        Hey if it gets more eyes on my mindless and non serious tweets, then I'm all for it. The RPI news bot does retweet anything with RPI in the tweet regardless if it actually involves RPI Hockey.
        I think that it looks for the combination of RPI or Rensselaer and hockey. Thus it retweets tweets about the Rating Percentage Index. I find it useful.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
          Nice review of the Rumble. I was there with my late friend Mike (who Tony would know). And who eliminated Hogan from the Rumble? Yep, the totally untalented Sid Vicious (who was a hero who turned on Hogan) Vicious was shortly eliminated by Flair (who entered the Rumble at #1 and lasted over an hour). Anyway, back to hockey...
          This thread is almost full. Time to come up with a new name soon. How ablout: WANTED: Goal scorer?
          I will probably go with the suggestion of "We're Just Gonna Complain, Don't Bother Reading". I liked "We Probably Kept Union Out of the Tourney" a bit better, but it would probably attract their fans here.

Any more suggestions?
          Last edited by Ralph Baer; 02-01-2019, 08:38 AM.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Interview with Owen Savory https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NWFxQXFJVA

Edit: rather poor audio
            Last edited by Ralph Baer; 02-01-2019, 12:40 PM.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              I will probably go with the suggestion of "We're Just Gonna Complain, Don't Bother Reading". I liked "We Probably Kept Union Out of the Tourney" a bit better, but it would probably attract their fans here.

Any more suggestions?
              I prefer "Wanted: Goal Scorers" but that may be better for the recruiting thread. Has that thread ever had a theme?

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
                I prefer "Wanted: Goal Scorers" but that may be better for the recruiting thread. Has that thread ever had a theme?
                It used to have one a long time ago, but has since been dropped.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  It used to have one a long time ago, but has since been dropped.
                  A loooooooong time ago.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Winning: more fun than losing!
                    RPI Pep Band
                    GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                    🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                    2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                    2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Thanks to RPITV for broadcasting the game. You are the only team I know of that makes it easy to access the action without jumping through hoops
                      COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
                        Thanks to RPITV for broadcasting the game. You are the only team I know of that makes it easy to access the action without jumping through hoops
                        RPITV is first rate.

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                          Winning: more fun than losing!
                          And RPITV is first rate and more fun than losing.

Comment

Working...
                          X