Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Hockey 2018 - 2019: 28 Guys Skate onto a Rink ...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2018 - 2019: 28 Guys Skate onto a Rink ...

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
    RPI advertises its football games? Where?
    E-mails, newsletters, heck I get a lot of junk mail about it, even if it's directed specifically to homecoming, it still promotes the football angle. I don't think I've seen a single piece of literature from the 'tute in the past 10 years about Freakout or the hockey team.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      And isn't it the responsibility of the coaching staff of a development league to help the players get back on stride, better with the stick, and whatever other skill needs improvement? Obviously if it doesn't work then it doesn't work as that's why potential is very fickle, but if Ottawa saw something in Burgess, then you'd think he has the capability to get himself up to the professional level.

As for how the staff uses players, it was not too long ago in this thread that it was mentioned that a great coach molds the system based upon the talents of the players. If something really gels, get as much as you can out of it!
      A coach might tweak his system to accommodate his players, but they still have to be talented. With all due respect to Jim Montgomery, and I really wish he was our coach, he took over a Denver program that had been to six consecutive NCAA tournaments (a streak he stretched to 11). He wasn't placed in a situation remotely comparable to the one Smith inherited. In Dallas he took over a mediocre team and so far has produced comparable results. Let's see what adjustments he makes to get more out of his team over the next year or two.
      Last edited by rpi82; 12-18-2018, 07:12 PM.

Comment

E-mails, newsletters, heck I get a lot of junk mail about it, even if it's directed specifically to homecoming, it still promotes the football angle. I don't think I've seen a single piece of literature from the 'tute in the past 10 years about Freakout or the hockey team.
        You are not on the correct list then. Just today I got an email from the alumni association directing me to http://alumni.rpi.edu/s/1225/alumni/...sPS5br4g%3d%3d
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Unless I'm very much mistaken, Homecoming 2018 was held on the last weekend of September.

The football team did not play that weekend.

That's a funny way to promote the football team.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
            Unless I'm very much mistaken, Homecoming 2018 was held on the last weekend of September.

The football team did not play that weekend.

That's a funny way to promote the football team.
            It was indeed that weekend.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

We have the worst coach’s in ECAC most would argue
              I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

• Originally posted by fr. joe View Post
                Ralph, you are high up on the list...

I'm in a parish in Albany so still in the CD.
                Which parish? Just curious...

Comment

Originally posted by Noresmen View Post
                  As for the List of players signing NLI's, you have 5 who are coming out of the best JR league for college hockey players. That's a sign of improvement over past recruiting classes.
                  As to the other three, Babichuk spent part of last year in the USHL, Miller just spent two weeks there, and Davies probably would be in the USHL next year if he were not coming to Troy as a true freshman.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I have received 25x more communication re: the hockey team and events related to it, compared to the football team. I can't begin to understand that comment.
                      Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        You are not on the correct list then. Just today I got an email from the alumni association directing me to http://alumni.rpi.edu/s/1225/alumni/...sPS5br4g%3d%3d
                        Anyone notice that they got the name of the opponent wrong? At least they got the date right.

Comment

At least they didn't say that the Big Red Freakout would feature RPI playing the Cornell Big Red.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                            At least they didn't say that the Big Red Freakout would feature RPI playing the Cornell Big Red.
                            Even though the ECAC's been trying to rig that for the schedule for years.

In speaking of schedule, I wonder if eLynah yet has the info on next year's league schedule...

Comment

In speaking of schedule, I wonder if eLynah yet has the info on next year's league schedule...

I just checked -- not yet. This is about he time that someone posts it there, isn't it?
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                                I just checked -- not yet. This is about he time that someone posts it there, isn't it?
                                Looks like last year was on the 1st. It looks like the ECAC makes the schedule about 3 years in advance; perhaps there's another place where it can be found?

Comment

Working...
                                X