Bentley University Falcons 2018-19: Goodbye JAR, hello Bentley Arena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by schiegs View Post
    My very unscientific survey of available tickets makes it look like there will be a good crowd at the regular season finale tomorrow night. I've always hoped Bentley and HC would develop a legit rivalry. A loud barn and a win would help.
    Always been our best rivalry, I think.

Comment

Re: Bentley University Falcons 2018-19: Goodbye JAR, hello Bentley Arena

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
      Always been our best rivalry, I think.
      Bentley has been doing a TON of social media marketing/promotion this week for Friday's game. More than I've ever seen for sure. Hopefully it will result in a packed house!

Sad to see the streak end, but it didn't end without a fight. Remarkably, Bentley has only lost ONE game by more than 2 goals and THREE games by more than 1 goal this season, which makes me think that the first half was just a warm up for what we've seen over the last couple of months. Excited for these last few games and hopefully a playoff run to Rochester!!

Comment

Originally posted by acohen527 View Post
        Excited for these last few games and hopefully a playoff run to Rochester!!
        If you are a Falcons fan, hopefully Bentley will continue right through Rochester and go all the way to Buffalo, since the AHA finals are at Canisius' HarborCentre this season.
        Scott Biggar
        WITR - Voice of the RIT Tigers
        Staff Writer - US College Hockey Online

Comment

Friday's box score lists the game as a sellout. While I am always skeptical of published attendance numbers, glad to see they had a good crowd.
          Bentley University Hockey
          On-campus arena: Build it, and they will come...

Comment

Friday's box score lists the game as a sellout. While I am always skeptical of published attendance numbers, glad to see they had a good crowd.
            The crowd was similar in size to the Harvard game, schiegs. Of course, there are always STHers who do not show up leaving empty seats. I think our band is first rate, and have even improved at the national anthem (not their forte), although the little girl who sang it Friday night got a huge round of applause from the crowd. Good for her! I think that the drummer and bass guitarist are superb.

As for hockey, I hope that the coaches figure out what is wrong and fix it for next weekend and the postseason. I am now thinking that a bye and an extra week of practice might be a good thing; but a bye is by no means guaranteed at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Biggar View Post
              If you are a Falcons fan, hopefully Bentley will continue right through Rochester and go all the way to Buffalo, since the AHA finals are at Canisius' HarborCentre this season.
              Oh, thanks! So accustomed to it being at the Blue Cross Arena!

Comment

Would be great just to make the tournament; it has been 10 long years.

Comment

Excellent regular season. Highest final standing in team history???

Comment

Excellent regular season. Highest final standing in team history???
                    Tied with 2014/15 regular season record of 16-13-5, which ended 17-15-5.

Best regular season record was 18-12-4 in 2013/14, which ended 19-14-4.

Second best overall record was 19-17-2 in 2008/09, the last time we made the AHC FF, where we lost semi-final game 3-0 to Air Force at Blue Cross, after regular season record of 17-15-2.

To reach 20 wins for the first time, we will need to win it all. We got off to a rough start this season, with an abysmal first half.

But, maybe best regular season conference record? Will need to check that.
                    Last edited by Snively65; 03-02-2019, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Glad that Army knocked out MC, didn't want to face the Lakers.

Comment

Glad that Army knocked out MC, didn't want to face the Lakers.
                        Agreed; we swept at Rob Mo 10-3 in early January, but got swept by Lakers 8-5 in our barn end November/December.

Comment

Unfortunately, students being away on Spring break will put a dent on attendance.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                            Agreed; we swept at Rob Mo 10-3 in early January, but got swept by Lakers 8-5 in our barn end November/December.
                            I agree and think I'd rather face RMU than Army, but RMU has had out number in recent postseason tilts. Should be a tough match-up. Looking forward to attending!

@BentleyTopShelf

Comment

Originally posted by The Top Shelf View Post
                              I agree and think I'd rather face RMU than Army, but RMU has had out number in recent postseason tilts. Should be a tough match-up. Looking forward to attending!
                              I will buy you a beer on Friday night, TTS. I will be wearing my Bentley Frozen Fenway jersey, along with the gray beard.

Comment

Hard fought 3-2 win for the Falcons on Friday night, as Bentley played without Ryner Gorowski and Will Garin, as apparently both have the flu.

Comment

Working...
                                X