Bentley University Falcons 2018-19: Goodbye JAR, hello Bentley Arena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bentley University Falcons 2018-19: Goodbye JAR, hello Bentley Arena

Tough game against you guys last night, Bentley played very well, and put a lot of pressure on Lackey. Great arena, well-lit, good sightlines, reasonably priced concessions, and good support by the Bentley crowd, although I wish I was not seated in front of a lady who rang her bell incessantly. Enjoyed our experience there. Took some pictures of a goalie from the 70's whose photo was on the wall; the guy sits next to us at Patriot games.

Comment

Originally posted by Crimson Faced View Post
      Tough game against you guys last night, Bentley played very well, and put a lot of pressure on Lackey. Great arena, well-lit, good sightlines, reasonably priced concessions, and good support by the Bentley crowd, although I wish I was not seated in front of a lady who rang her bell incessantly. Enjoyed our experience there. Took some pictures of a goalie from the 70's whose photo was on the wall; the guy sits next to us at Patriot games.
      Glad that you enjoyed our arena, CF. I think that the mini-cow bells were a one off, I hope; yes, agreed, over the top irritating. It was fun watching your coach behind the bench from across the ice.

Comment

Nice come from behind 3-3 tie against the Big Green tonight. Good attendance with lots of locals made for a noisy arena in support of a well-played game.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
          Nice come from behind 3-3 tie against the Big Green tonight. Good attendance with lots of locals made for a noisy arena in support of a well-played game.
          Glad to hear the locals are coming to games. Was there any kind of promotion, or just a convenient thing to do with the kids on a weekend?
          Bentley University Hockey
          On-campus arena: Build it, and they will come...

Comment

Originally posted by schiegs View Post
            Glad to hear the locals are coming to games. Was there any kind of promotion, or just a convenient thing to do with the kids on a weekend?
            Not nearly the number of kids as at the Harvard game.

Nice 5-2 win tonight at Bobby Mo, which was a 4-0 shut out until late in third; out shot their opponent almost 2-1.

Comment

Love me a road sweep.

Comment

Love me a road sweep.
                Indeed. Swept Rob Mo at the JAR and RIT on the road last season. Sweeps not common for Bentley the past few years.

Comment

Good 5-2 win at home against RIT on Saturday night, after settling for a 2-2 tie on Friday night, but that is another three points, and seven over the past two weekends. But, still need three more wins to reach 0.500, although the Falcons have a game or two in hand over several AHC teams ahead of them in the standings. Overall, I thought that the Falcons played very well this weekend, with a lot of energy from beginning to end, along with some good fore checking. Pelino was excellent in both games, the blue liners did a fine job breaking out the puck, and the forwards made the most of their shots on net, including scoring a PPG each night. But, probably the key to the win on Saturday night was killing off 1 min 18 seconds of 5-3 PP, mostly at the beginning of the third.
                  Last edited by Snively65; 01-19-2019, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Good 5-2 win at home against RIT on Saturday night, after settling for a 2-2 tie on Friday night, but that is another three points, and seven over the past two weekends. But, still need three more wins to reach 0.500, although the Falcons have a game or two in hand over several AHC teams ahead of them in the standings. Overall, I thought that the Falcons played very well this weekend, with a lot of energy from beginning to end, along with some good fore checking. Pelino was excellent in both games, the blue liners did a fine job breaking out the puck, and the forwards made the most of their shots on net, including scoring a PPG each night. But, probably the key to the win on Saturday night was killing off 1 min 18 seconds of 5-3 PP, mostly at the beginning of the third.
                    A home playoff round would be nice.

Comment

Was able to watch some of Friday and most of Saturday... Really tough settling for a tie after jumping to a quick 2-0 lead on Friday. That being said they played solid down the stretch with the game on the line and really earned the point. Saturday was a dominant performance. Despite being slightly outshot, the Falcons controlled the play for the majority of the game. Throw in some highlight reel snipes and a strong performance between the pipes and this team is rolling! As you point out, we do have a few games in hand vs most of the conference. The next two weekends will be a huge opportunity. Canisus sits near the bottom of the conference but will no doubt be a tough series. The following weekend vs. Air Force will be a good barometer to see how we stack up against a top contender for the AHC regular season title. Go Falcons!

@BentleyTopShelf

Comment

Really like how this team is playing right now. 5 game unbeaten streak without allowing more than 2 goals in our last 4. Pelino is really coming into his own, and he looks very confident back there. His rebound control has improved tremendously throughout the season. On offense, we are finally taking advantage of our opportunities. We're scoring when we SHOULD be scoring, and we're pretty consistent on the PP. The penalty kill is getting a little bit better as well. If the team can keep up the good play, a home playoff series shouldn't be out of the question. Excited for the next few weeks!

Comment

Agree with last two posts. Definitely do not want to squander the game or two in hand against teams above us in standings.

Comment

En fuego!

Late one goal leads used to slip away fairly often. Glad to see this team is playing hard for the full 60. I like what I'm seeing, and the time of the season I'm seeing it.

Comment

En fuego!

Late one goal leads used to slip away fairly often. Glad to see this team is playing hard for the full 60. I like what I'm seeing, and the time of the season I'm seeing it.
                              Still one win below 0.500, but I like the progress. Next weekend will be a real test. Go Falcons!

Comment

THAT was a fun game to watch. Despite being completely outmatched on the PP through most of the game, they stood up very well against AF at full strength. Center ice passing was better than the past, and they held ground against a bigger squad.

It honestly felt like they were much better matched at full strength as opposed to being on the PP. That AF PK was impressive.

Comment

Working...
                                X