Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-19: The Motzko Era Begins!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    What a terrible defense they have amiright?
    What a goalie!!

Comment

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-19: The Motzko Era Begins!

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
      What a goalie!!
      Is it too early to say that the Gophers have turned a corner, righted the ship, figured things out, etc etc? I have to say that they look like a different team than the ugliness we saw in many of their games in the first half.
      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by D2D View Post
        Is it too early to say that the Gophers have turned a corner, righted the ship, figured things out, etc etc? I have to say that they look like a different team than the ugliness we saw in many of their games in the first half.
        Too early. A business like sweep over a beatable MSU team and we can go into the next two home weekends with realistic hopes of sweeps or "three points". I don't think anyone in the Big Ten is great. OSU the most talented. But I think one Big Ten team in the FF this year would be a win.

Comment

• Originally posted by D2D View Post
          I didn’t get to see the Friday game but winning while getting outshot 42-17 is interesting to say the least, I’ve gotta imagine some luck and Robson were the keys there. Yesterday was a bit lucky too, they probably gave up more grade A chances than they created but got lucky that a couple didn’t go in against them and cashed in on the few they got. Also I get that Notre Dame was higher up in the PWR before this weekend but they’ve been inconsistent and don’t have a prolific offense from what I can tell.

The team is getting the results right now but the margin is so slim and they can pull out wins vs good teams or lose to Ferris/STL/MSU on any given night. We’ll see if they can sweep the next series because they need to if they’re gonna keep climbing the PWR ladder out of the hole they’ve dug.

Also those ASU and OSU series will be huge.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
            I didn’t get to see the Friday game but winning while getting outshot 42-17 is interesting to say the least, I’ve gotta imagine some luck and Robson were the keys there.
            On Friday Notre Dame looked a little like Penn State in that they were shooting and putting pucks on net from just about anywhere. The announcer even commented that the Gophers had at least as many "Grade A" scoring chances as the Irish. I didn't think that was the case last night, and would agree that the Gophers got a little lucky.

Comment

• Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
              I didn’t get to see the Friday game but winning while getting outshot 42-17 is interesting to say the least, I’ve gotta imagine some luck and Robson were the keys there. Yesterday was a bit lucky too, they probably gave up more grade A chances than they created but got lucky that a couple didn’t go in against them and cashed in on the few they got. Also I get that Notre Dame was higher up in the PWR before this weekend but they’ve been inconsistent and don’t have a prolific offense from what I can tell.

The team is getting the results right now but the margin is so slim and they can pull out wins vs good teams or lose to Ferris/STL/MSU on any given night. We’ll see if they can sweep the next series because they need to if they’re gonna keep climbing the PWR ladder out of the hole they’ve dug.

Also those ASU and OSU series will be huge.
              And anothwr birthday cake bites the dust.

Comment

If you grew up as I did as a rink rat in the State of Hockey and you love Gopher Hockey, you'll appreciate this blast from the past ---> University of Minnesota Golden Gophers - 1979 NCAA Champions

Comment

I see Casey M got a goal tonight. How's his 1st year been so far?

Comment

Gopher's PWR rollercoaster updated to Jan.14 (#21). Nov. 26th after splits with STL and MSU was a low point. Second low point after Ferris St.
                    Last edited by SteveO; 01-15-2019, 02:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
                      Gopher's PWR rollercoaster updated to Jan.14 (#21). Nov. 26th after splits with STL and MSU was a low point. Second low point after Ferris St.
                      Thank you, SteveO, very interesting. Our Gophers have obviously dug themselves a very deep hole, and going forward it will take a tremendous effort BY EVERYONE ON THE TEAM to win enough games to assure themselves of an NCAA tournament bid. Realistically, given what can be objectively observed from their games to date, including the very encouraging results these past two weekends, we have a chance to extend the post season beyond the Big Ten Tournament, but realistically at this point the chance is still not in our favor.
                      Last edited by D2D; 01-15-2019, 12:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                        Thank you, SteveO, very interesting. Our Gophers have obviously dug themselves a very deep hole, and going forward it will take a tremendous effort BY EVERYONE ON THE TEAM to win enough games to assure themselves of an NCAA tournament bid. Realistically, given what can be objectively observed from their games to date, including the very encouraging results these past two weekends, we have a chance to extend the post season beyond the Big Ten Tournament, but realistically at this point the chance is still not in our favor.
                        Sorry, I had to change the online source for the graphic, thus you got a blank. I agree, going forward the Gophers are going to have to show consistent wins to hit 13-14th in the PWR by seasons end. I think we really need 9-10 Ws which would include at least 2 sweeps. Not sure we can sweep Sparty this weekend though. They always seem to give the Gophers a tough series.

Comment

Not sure we can sweep Sparty this weekend though. They always seem to give the Gophers a tough series.
                          That plus the Gophers are coming off a real emotional high after their last second winning goal, giving them their first sweep of the season. Makes me wonder how energized they'll be for Michigan State.

Comment

Sorry, I had to change the online source for the graphic, thus you got a blank. I agree, going forward the Gophers are going to have to show consistent wins to hit 13-14th in the PWR by seasons end. I think we really need 9-10 Ws which would include at least 2 sweeps. Not sure we can sweep Sparty this weekend though. They always seem to give the Gophers a tough series.
                            11-2-1 since 2016 and 5 of the last 6.

Comment

Yeah I was gonna say, I don't remember ever having a hard time vs them other than when Nick Lehr somehow gave up 3 goals on like 2 shots a few years back.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                                Yeah I was gonna say, I don't remember ever having a hard time vs them other than when Nick Lehr somehow gave up 3 goals on like 2 shots a few years back.
                                To be fair things were a bit closer during several year stretch before that, but it's been a minute as the kids might say.

Comment

Working...
                                X