Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-19: The Motzko Era Begins!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-19: The Motzko Era Begins!

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
    Gameday!

The GPS Line of Brent Gates Jr., Rem Pitlick and Tyler Sheehy have combined for 35 points (16 goals, 19 assists) in 10 previous games.
    Someone on GPL played down this stat saying most of it came on the PP. I went back the 10 games and found only 13 total points on the PP. I might be off by one or two based on memory but it wasn't even half. They are playing well together offensively.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
      Good info, SteveO, thanks! The Notre Dame series is always fun because I have a number of relatives who went there, including my brother who played for them way back when. He was a teammate of Don Lucia back when they were members of the WCHA. It was always fun to go to the old Mariucci to see him compete against the Gophers.
      I remember you mentioning that about your family ties to ND. A little college hockey rivalry in the fam, heh? That's really cool about your bro. Did he know Don well?

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
        Someone on GPL played down this stat saying most of it came on the PP. I went back the 10 games and found only 13 total points on the PP. I might be off by one or two based on memory but it wasn't even half. They are playing well together offensively.
        I just think that add'l context is necessary. If they did that at 5 on 5 that'd be unreal production AND there's no way they'd still be a minus on the season. Instead they have 21 points together at 5 on 5 in their last 10 games and a +/- somewhere around 0 or -1 (which sounds about right for the top line of a .500 team) against a mixed bag of opponents.
        Last edited by trixR4kids; 01-11-2019, 08:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
          I remember you mentioning that about your family ties to ND. A little college hockey rivalry in the fam, heh? That's really cool about your bro. Did he know Don well?
          As I recall they were two years apart, and played together for only two years. So I don't believe they knew each other "well", but I'm sure tDon would easily remember who he was. Neither of them were "stars" on the team, but they both played regular shifts.
          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

could anyone please post a link to where the game is streaming tonight? I can't find it on nbcsports.com

Comment

foundit:
              http://stream.nbcsports.com/nbc/?pid=214270

Comment

Novak with the knuckler! Lol

Comment

6-1-1 when leading after two.
                  0-7-4 or something when scoring fewer than three

Intense third coming. 3-1 with an empty net goal to hit that three goal mark!

Comment

Three the hard way is good too!

Bob is putting his mark on it. Nice to have some swagger back finally!
                    Last edited by Bonin21; 01-11-2019, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Five freshmen on the ice for the 2nd goal. I think we found the issue with this team.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                        Five freshmen on the ice for the 2nd goal. I think we found the issue with this team.
                        The defense ya we all know. Ohhh you mean the attitudes of the Lucia guys. Fair lol

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                          The defense ya we all know. Ohhh you mean the attitudes of the Lucia guys. Fair lol
                          I mean the attitude of the older players....
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Walker will be on the mural if he stays all four and maybe even in three.

Comment

Goals three and four were filthy.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                                4 of their top 5 in points are upperclassmen, Robson is a Jr., and 1 goal given up tonight. I'll let you and trixie play some more with the dangling rope.

Comment

Working...
                                X