Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-19: The Motzko Era Begins!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quite frankly, these are the kind of series the Gophers *must* sweep if they are going to climb out of the hole they've put themselves in.
    Well, "4" pts is important, "3 out of 4" an absolute must.

Comment

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-19: The Motzko Era Begins!

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
      Quite frankly, these are the kind of series the Gophers *must* sweep if they are going to climb out of the hole they've put themselves in.
      Well, "4" pts is important, "3 out of 4" an absolute must.
      I think you meant to say "6" points is important, "5 out of 6" an absolute must.
      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

That's why he used quotes cuz we all knew what he meant.

Instead of saying 4 or 5 points is a must since they have the same PWR impact.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
          That's why he used quotes cuz we all knew what he meant.
          Except me apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
            Gopher's PWR rollercoaster updated to Jan.14 (#21). Nov. 26th after splits with STL and MSU was a low point. Second low point after Ferris St.
            The only issue I have is that PWR is SO volatile until towards the end of Jan/beginning Feb. Then you get a better long-term pic of where teams actually stand. That being said, yes we have a LOT of work to do.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Yes, another way of saying it is that MN need a sweep this weekend, but failing that a win and a tie is an absolute must.

The PWR don't give a **** about that extra dice roll, gimmick-point.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                11-2-1 since 2016 and 5 of the last 6.
                Right, but since this is a road series I was thinking of the Gophers at Munn. Since the inception of the B1G (2013-14), the Gophers have only played 4 weekend series at Munn. They've only swept Michigan St. once in those 4 seasons (2016-17) and both of those games went down to the wire (4-2, ENGs in each game). Those Gopher teams were far more prolific in SOG and Gs/game than this year's squad as well.

A sweep this weekend would be ideal, but I'm not sure. I'm thinking split.

IMHO the KHL line is the best in the nation. They scored 5/6 goals against the Gophers in their split earlier this season at Mariucci. Hirose leads the NCAA in pts., and total pts. for the KHL line is off the charts (22 games/80 pts. ).

The Gophers better stay out of the box, MSU's PP is equally as good as the Gophers (21%).

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                  The only issue I have is that PWR is SO volatile until towards the end of Jan/beginning Feb. Then you get a better long-term pic of where teams actually stand. That being said, yes we have a LOT of work to do.
                  A lot of top-tier teams have work to do. Unless a lot changes, you could hold a golf tournament on FF weekend with a pretty full field of so-called college hockey elites.

And I guess that is not a bad thing. The sport is growing.

Comment

This will be a fun series to watch. Sparty beat Penn St. last Saturday 6-4. Know your enemy, CLICK HERE.

Comment

Ok Rubes...Gameday! Wait a minute...not. Saturday 4:30 CT and Sunday 4 CT? First we get a crazy exhibition interruption and now this? Who made the schedule this season!!??

Comment

Ok Rubes...Gameday! Wait a minute...not. Saturday 4:30 CT and Sunday 4 CT? First we get a crazy exhibition interruption and now this? Who made the schedule this season!!??
                        It just happens to work well for me, spreading the men's and the "Border Battle" women's games out over the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                          It just happens to work well for me, spreading the men's and the "Border Battle" women's games out over the weekend.
                          Daughter going to the game with you I guess, heh? Since there's nothing on the men's side tonight and I'm in a Gopher hockey state of mind, how's the women's team doing this year?

Comment

IMHO the KHL line is the best in the nation. They scored 5/6 goals against the Gophers in their split earlier this season at Mariucci. Hirose leads the NCAA in pts., and total pts. for the KHL line is off the charts (22 games/80 pts. ).
                            I would assume they're another line that plays together on the top PP unit and gets most of the PP minutes. Their numbers are still impressive obviously, but there are probably better "lines" (i.e. at 5v5) than them.
                            Last edited by trixR4kids; 01-18-2019, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Regardless of PP production I think an argument that they're the best line in the nation is warranted based on everything I've seen.

Comment

Daughter going to the game with you I guess, heh?
                                How could you possibly have guessed that? Do we know each other?

Since there's nothing on the men's side tonight and I'm in a Gopher hockey state of mind, how's the women's team doing this year?
                                Just a tad better than the men , but some of us true Gopher fans who are always in that "Gopher hockey state of mind" love them equally.

Comment

Working...
                                X