Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-19: The Motzko Era Begins!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-19: The Motzko Era Begins!

According to USCHO, MN had 19 shots, and 9 goals. That's just sick. Also, ROBBEDson gave up 4 goals, but had a .920 SV%.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

28 shots, 9 goals. About 32%. Still.....wow.....
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

What are the odds of Schierhorn transferring? He played in almost every game his first two years and he never plays anymore. Wondering what Gopher fan has to say.
        CCHA 4 LIFE

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Dream No. 2 View Post
          What are the odds of Schierhorn transferring? He played in almost every game his first two years and he never plays anymore. Wondering what Gopher fan has to say.
          He’s a Sr.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
          And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
          Twenty red lights in his honor
          Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Listened to the post-game interview on the drive home. Despite the win, Motzco was not happy, at all, in the least. If his message sinks in, expect a lower scoring affair in tomorrow's rematch.
            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
              What isn’t verifiable? All the stats are publicly available and there’s a moderate correlation between getting out shot and losing games. Getting outshot by like 20 shots every time you play a good team like Duluth, OSU, MSUM (and maybe Notre Dame?) isn’t a long term recipe for success, that’s certainly verifiable.
              What are you babbling about? Now you're just arguing for the sake of it. I didn't say getting outshot by 20 is sustainable I said getting outshot by 1.4 per period is negligible. More to the point it is not any more indicative of poor defensive play than it is if offensive prowess.

Comment

Has anyone commented on the Sconnie player swinging his stick and hitting Walker after his first goal last night? Should there be a suspension for that? In all of my years of watching college hockey I have never seen that happen before.

I was impressed by the sportsmanship shown at the handshake line last night -- that really says something about the character of the young men -- in once sense it's a good thing - but in another sense, it is evidence of how the game has changed since the old brawlin' days --

Dan Barrarro was discussing the 1972 Gophers/Ohio State basketball brawl -- passions don't run that high anymore -- which in general is probably a good thing ---

I'm a relic of the old school though, as a fan, my hatred for UW burns with the intensity of one thousand suns.

Comment

Originally posted by directmagna View Post
                  I was impressed by the sportsmanship shown at the handshake line las
                  Handshake lines are only an issue when playing the Whioux.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                    What are you babbling about? Now you're just arguing for the sake of it. I didn't say getting outshot by 20 is sustainable I said getting outshot by 1.4 per period is negligible. More to the point it is not any more indicative of poor defensive play than it is if offensive prowess.
                    Yeah except it’s not a perfectly even distribution of one shot per period. We got outshot badly by good teams while badly out shooting crappy ones.

Being seventh worst in the nation in shot suppression is indicative of bad defense, Motzko has heavily criticized the D in interviews. Anyhow every hockey thread needs a flat earther so you’ve found your niche at least
                    Last edited by trixR4kids; 01-26-2019, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by directmagna View Post
                      I'm a relic of the old school though, as a fan, my hatred for UW burns with the intensity of one thousand suns.
                      As it should.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                      And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                      Twenty red lights in his honor
                      Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

You deflect like a Trumper. The shot disparity per period is meaningful and you erroneously place their overall results squarely at the feet of the D when it's the F failing to connect on passes in the offensive zone. Anyhow every hockey thread needs an arrogant pr*ck so you've found your niche as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by directmagna View Post
                          Has anyone commented on the Sconnie player swinging his stick and hitting Walker after his first goal last night? Should there be a suspension for that? In all of my years of watching college hockey I have never seen that happen before.

I was impressed by the sportsmanship shown at the handshake line last night -- that really says something about the character of the young men -- in once sense it's a good thing - but in another sense, it is evidence of how the game has changed since the old brawlin' days --

Dan Barrarro was discussing the 1972 Gophers/Ohio State basketball brawl -- passions don't run that high anymore -- which in general is probably a good thing ---

I think the Badger was clearly swinging at the goal post to break his stick. Walker happened to move in the way, so to speak. Awful dumb losing your emotions like that, but I don't think a suspension is needed.

I want to know what Motzko and Granato were chatting at length about
                          the state of hockey is good

Comment

Classic case of projection lmao, you don’t see me hurling around ad homs every time I’m verifiably proven wrong and the coaches say as much, must be all the arrogance

Comment

Yeah all those phantom ad homs and the next time you prove someone wrong I'll let you know.

Comment

There’s literally one in that post but ok Trump!

Comment

Working...
                                X