3) Clarkson
      4) Ohio State
      5) Norteastern
      6) Minnesota Duluth
      7) Cornell
      8) Colgate
      9) Boston College
      10) Maine
      when the heck did maine come into the picture? PLEASE...

Comment

Re: USCHO Poster's Poll: '18-19'

badgers...3-0 Princeton...talk about a bye...geez. more cupcakes than BC so far this year, start calling a spade a spade.
        Last edited by Quiet Riot; 10-21-2018, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Quiet Riot View Post
          badgers...3-0 Princeton...talk about a bye...geez. more cupcakes than BC so far this year, start calling a spade a spade.
          As you might guess Wisconsin is not my favorite team but you have to give them credit for beating the teams they are supposed to beat. They are undefeated at 8-0-0, which includes a sweep over #5 UMD.

Clarkson, on the other hand, is 5-1, but through this past weekend had not played a ranked team. Their lone loss came at the hands of St. Lawrence, a team that was 2-3-1 going into the series, having lost to Robert Morris and Boston College (twice). They also had tied New Hampshire. So the only team of significance (i.e. ranked) that either team had played going into the weekend was BC.

So yes, Wisconsin has had a relatively "easy" schedule so far, but certainly no easier than Clarkson, or the team that just beat them. Pains me to have to say it, but as of right now Wisconsin is the obvious No. 1 team in the land. Naturally my hope is their No. 1 ranking proves to be very short-lived - like one week, to be exact.
          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Princeton played way better than UMD. If those 2 played, I'd put my money on Princeton.
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
              Princeton played way better than UMD.
              It would have been difficult for anyone not to play better than UMD in that series.

Comment

when the heck did maine come into the picture? PLEASE...
                I just hope we don't reach the point where I am asked to defend my #10 pick; my methods are beyond reproach and involve both finely-tuned instincts and blatant plagiarism.

Comment

UMD is ranked 5th, they beat BC, who was #4, so if UMD is a cupcake, BC is a bundt cake?

Comment

1. UW
                    2. Clarkson
                    3. OSU
                    4. UM
                    5. BC
                    6. UMD
                    7. UConn
                    8. Maine
                    9. Providence
                    10. Princeton

Comment

• Re: USCHO Poster's Poll: '18-19'

1. Wisconsin - appear to be head and shoulders above the rest of the country at this point!
                      2. Clarkson - still getting the "2-time defending champ" bias but they really need to start playing better to stay here
                      3. Minnesota - split with Ohio St this weekend was a little surprising
                      4. Ohio St - much better weekend for the women's hockey team than their football team
                      5. Minnesota-Duluth - beat up a Bemidji team that outshot Clarkson nearly 2 to 1 earlier in the season
                      6. BC - I'm not sure how some are ranking BC ahead of UMD at this point though (the sweep did actually happen recently didn't it?)???
                      7. Princeton - from all reports they played #1 Wisco very tough this past weekend
                      8. Northeastern - are they good enough to move past BC this year, time will tell?
                      9. Cornell - how good are they, hard to tell so far
                      10. St Lawrence - took down #1. This weekend's visit from OSU should tell a lot about this team.

Comment

1. UW
                        2. UM
                        3. OSU
                        4. Clarkson
                        5. UMD
                        6. BC
                        7. NU
                        8. Colgate
                        9. SLU
                        10. Maine

Comment

1. Wisconsin
                          2. Clarkson
                          3. Minnesota
                          4. Ohio State
                          5. Minnesota-Duluth
                          6. Boston College
                          7. Cornell
                          --------------------------
                          8, 9, and 10 are a crap shoot, and I'm throwing Penn State into the current mix.
                          -- Northeastern - split at BU, Colgate (so did Penn State, with 12 players), beat Maine and New Hampshire
                          -- Colgate - split with Penn State, Northeastern, and Ohio State
                          -- St. Lawrence - split with Robert Morris, New Hampshire, Clarkson, and swept by BC in two OT games
                          -- Maine - swept Quinnipiac, Sacred Heart (like sweeping Brown), beat BU, and lost to Northeastern
                          ------------------------
                          I'll leave Colgate and St. Lawrence in there, but...

8. St, Lawrence
                          9. Colgate
                          10. Penn State (and could swap places with Colgate)

Comment

1. UW
                            2. Clarkson
                            3. UM
                            4. OSU
                            5. BC
                            6. NU
                            7. Maine
                            8. Cornell
                            9. UMD
                            10. Penn
                            Last edited by Puckdrop14; 10-22-2018, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                              As you might guess Wisconsin is not my favorite team but you have to give them credit for beating the teams they are supposed to beat. They are undefeated at 8-0-0, which includes a sweep over #5 UMD.

Clarkson, on the other hand, is 5-1, but through this past weekend had not played a ranked team. Their lone loss came at the hands of St. Lawrence, a team that was 2-3-1 going into the series, having lost to Robert Morris and Boston College (twice). They also had tied New Hampshire. So the only team of significance (i.e. ranked) that either team had played going into the weekend was BC.

So yes, Wisconsin has had a relatively "easy" schedule so far, but certainly no easier than Clarkson, or the team that just beat them. Pains me to have to say it, but as of right now Wisconsin is the obvious No. 1 team in the land. Naturally my hope is their No. 1 ranking proves to be very short-lived - like one week, to be exact.
                              I'm glad you responded with that. When BC plays the schedule they're given it's called cupcakes. It's not their fault other teams haven't recruited as well as they have. Winning does that. We all know that. Wi is definitely 1-2, they're stacked. All I wanted to point out is the bias when BC plays an easy team but "cricket" when the west does.

looking at the posters polls so far with ME, NE and some even sneaking PC in there, the cupcakes may be even this year.

Comment

where does my post show UMD? you obviously didn't go to Princeton.

Comment

Working...
                                X