Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018-19 WCHA Season: 3 Bids And The Second Round?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2018-19 WCHA Season: 3 Bids And The Second Round?

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
    Nice of the league to mistakenly do a 3 round shootout in Anchorage tonight.
    Wait what?
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
      Nice of the league to mistakenly do a 3 round shootout in Anchorage tonight.
      I’m 99% sure that’s new this year as part of the compromise to allow 3x3 and shoootouts for conferences. All shootouts are the same now, minimum 3 rounds.
      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
        I’m 99% sure that’s new this year as part of the compromise to allow 3x3 and shoootouts for conferences. All shootouts are the same now, minimum 3 rounds.
        It's not. It's supposed to be sudden death from the start. UAH won its shootout point at Lake Superior State a couple of weeks ago in two rounds.
        Michael Napier - UAH '97
        uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
        U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
        NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
        CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
        CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by UAHStatman View Post
          It's not. It's supposed to be sudden death from the start. UAH won its shootout point at Lake Superior State a couple of weeks ago in two rounds.
          I’m 99% sure that you guys did it wrong 😛
          That was part of the compromise of allowing 3x3 and shootouts was a standardization...
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
            I’m 99% sure that you guys did it wrong ��
            That was part of the compromise of allowing 3x3 and shootouts was a standardization...
            No...it was done wrong in Anchorage. It's sudden death shootouts in the WCHA, NCHC, and Big Ten. There was no compromise.

http://collegehockeyinc.com/key-diff...-nhl-rules.php
            Last edited by UAHStatman; 01-27-2019, 12:45 PM.
            Michael Napier - UAH '97
            uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
            U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
            NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
            CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
            CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by UAHStatman View Post
              No...it was done wrong in Anchorage. It's sudden death shootouts in the WCHA, NCHC, and Big Ten. There was no compromise.

http://collegehockeyinc.com/key-diff...-nhl-rules.php
              Well then the compromise was to all be sudden death...pretty sure the nchc didn’t do sudden death last year

From the WCHA: “We're aware of what transpired last night in Anchorage. That's all I can tell you at this point. I do not have the full details on it yet but I know he and Bill are reviewing the situation.”

Comment

As of 01/28/2019

(7) Mankato (48 points): Huntsville, at Tech, bye, at Alaska, Bemidji
                (16) Bowling Green (40 points): at Northern, bye, Alaska, at Bemidji, Huntsville
                (28) Northern (36 points): Bowling Green, at Huntsville, at Bemidji, Lake State, home and home with Tech
                (T-38) Michigan Tech (35 points): bye, Mankato, at Lake State, Anchorage, home and home with Northern
                (T-20) Lake State (35 points): at Ferris, bye, Tech, at Northern, Ferris
                (34) Bemidji (34 points): bye, at Ferris, Northern, Bowling Green, at Mankato
                (48) Alaska (26 points): bye, Anchorage, at Bowling Green, Mankato, at Anchorage
                (58) Huntsville (20 points): at Mankato, Northern, bye, at Ferris, at Bowling Green
                (53) Ferris (13 points): Lake State, Bemidji, at Anchorage, Huntsville, at Lake State
                (60) Anchorage (6 points): bye, at Alaska, Ferris, at Tech, Alaska
                Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Is there a scenarios calculator thing out there? I think Geof Morris had one out there a couple of years ago, where you could predict the winners of the remaining series and predict the final standings.
                  Visit the Alaska Nanooks Hockey Blog at http://nanookhockey.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by UAFHockeyFan314 View Post
                    Is there a scenarios calculator thing out there? I think Geof Morris had one out there a couple of years ago, where you could predict the winners of the remaining series and predict the final standings.
                    siouxsports.com usually has one. I just checked and they do not have one up as of yet.
                    Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                    FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                    NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                    NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                    NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                    NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                    Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                    Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Yeah, sadly for us--not so much for him--gfmorris got a job to put his math skills to good use and hasn't been as active on the hockey scene. I'm kind of settling into a new job as well, so I certainly understand.
                      Visit the Alaska Nanooks Hockey Blog at http://nanookhockey.blogspot.com

Comment

Maybe this will help

http://playoffstatus.com/index.html

Comment

I never had a scenario calculator. I wanted to have it for this year, and then training for a different job got in the way. (I've actually done more math since getting back into aerospace, but 2018 whipped my ***!). I might have something up for the last 2-3 weeks if I get some time and spend it working on it. I do plan on something for next year, and if I can get the code working right, it'll be NCAA-wide. [Right now, the code puts me into wayyyyyy too many 3-on-3 or shootout matchups, and I haven't had a couple of hours to debug it. I'm working far too many projects right now and not prioritizing anything well...]

GFM
                          Geof F. Morris
                          UAH BSE MAE 2002
                          UAHHockey.com

Comment

Yeah, sadly for us--not so much for him--gfmorris got a job to put his math skills to good use and hasn't been as active on the hockey scene. I'm kind of settling into a new job as well, so I certainly understand.
                            I would have a lot more time for this in the old job than the new one ...

This video on what we do is slightly outdated, but it gives a good overview. I'm not the only UAH hockey person out here: PA guy Bill Hubscher is in training to be a TCO, and scorer Penny Pettigrew is a long-time PAYCOM (and all-around badass who's taught me a lot over the years). We also have band alumni in other flight control positions.

It's a great job, but the hours suck ... I'm not looking forward to going into work at 11p on Saturday night...

GFM
                            Geof F. Morris
                            UAH BSE MAE 2002
                            UAHHockey.com

Comment

So it looks like this could be another 1 team entry in the dance again now that BG is knocked out by the AQ from Atlantic Hockey. Unless someone pulls off an upset for the Broadmoor.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePowerConference View Post
                                So it looks like this could be another 1 team entry in the dance again now that BG is knocked out by the AQ from Atlantic Hockey. Unless someone pulls off an upset for the Broadmoor.
                                BGSU still has plenty of time to get up 4-5 spots and not win the league, but lets be honest, there are plenty of teams that could go on a run and win this league besides MSU.

Comment

Working...
                                X