Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018-19 WCHA Season: 3 Bids And The Second Round?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    I'm not going to argue that some here definitely deserve the butthurt title but i don't see any issue with honestly discussing Schlossman's series.
    You aren't within the definitions.

Comment

Re: 2018-19 WCHA Season: 3 Bids And The Second Round?

I'm not going to argue that some here definitely deserve the butthurt title...
      I get why some folks might think this. However, I supported Tech when they were semi-successful in the mid-90s. I supported them when they barely won a dozen games over three seasons combined. I support them today. I'll support them in the future. I'm not on and off the bandwagon every time their fortunes change. I have a position on the subject and I stick with it. The same logic can be applied to other subjects as well.

Folks can call it what they like, butt it isn't going to hurt my feelings. I'm not going to change my opinion every other week, or tell two people different answers like a politician so everyone can get the answer they want to hear. If someone presents information some day that shows certain changes in college hockey were anything other than completely self-serving, something other than a couple teams that we not getting their way, didn't like that they were in the minority, were upset that they couldn't always steer the ship they way they wanted it to go, so they took their puck and went home rather than staying and working to solve the issues at hand... well then I'll be more than happy to reevaluate my position on said subject.

Ryan
      Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
      https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
      Originally posted by geezer
      Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
      Originally posted by manurespreader
      ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
        I get why some folks might think this. However, I supported Tech when they were semi-successful in the mid-90s. I supported them when they barely won a dozen games over three seasons combined. I support them today. I'll support them in the future. I'm not on and off the bandwagon every time their fortunes change. I have a position on the subject and I stick with it. The same logic can be applied to other subjects as well.

Folks can call it what they like, butt it isn't going to hurt my feelings. I'm not going to change my opinion every other week, or tell two people different answers like a politician so everyone can get the answer they want to hear. If someone presents information some day that shows certain changes in college hockey were anything other than completely self-serving, something other than a couple teams that we not getting their way, didn't like that they were in the minority, were upset that they couldn't always steer the ship they way they wanted it to go, so they took their puck and went home rather than staying and working to solve the issues at hand... well then I'll be more than happy to reevaluate my position on said subject.

Ryan
        Well sure but you know all the whining about it in the world won't change anything. To me, it's about what comes next and how do we address it as a hockey community. That's the value in going over the past, so that you don't make the same type of mistakes going forward.
        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
          Well sure but you know all the whining about it in the world won't change anything. To me, it's about what comes next and how do we address it as a hockey community. That's the value in going over the past, so that you don't make the same type of mistakes going forward.
          I really wish someone from Tech or Anchorage would write a response to this series. Either confirming or refuting. It's pretty well known that another realignment is coming. Being able to present the information to donors as a "this is why we got left behind last time" could lead to a decent fundraising campaign. Ferris or Lake Superior could do the same from a CCHA perspective (we at BG know the circumstances surrounding the team at that time).

Comment

Originally posted by pdt1081 View Post
            I really wish someone from Tech or Anchorage would write a response to this series. Either confirming or refuting. It's pretty well known that another realignment is coming. Being able to present the information to donors as a "this is why we got left behind last time" could lead to a decent fundraising campaign. Ferris or Lake Superior could do the same from a CCHA perspective (we at BG know the circumstances surrounding the team at that time).
            I think one of the problems with that is one of the main players from those schools is dead, iirc. Didn't Steve Cobb die a few years ago? He seems to have been at the center of the disagreement between some of the bigger schools and the smaller schools.
            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
              I think one of the problems with that is one of the main players from those schools is dead, iirc. Didn't Steve Cobb die a few years ago? He seems to have been at the center of the disagreement between some of the bigger schools and the smaller schools.
              Was just about to post about this. Yeah, Cobb died a few years ago after being fired as the AD. Was going to say that getting some perspective from the Anchorage end would be hard as Cobb is dead, Shyiak was fired, and a few others at UAA have retired.
              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

I guess that means its up to me...haha
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Pretty much.
                  U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                  Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                  But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                  Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                  Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                    Was just about to post about this. Yeah, Cobb died a few years ago after being fired as the AD. Was going to say that getting some perspective from the Anchorage end would be hard as Cobb is dead, Shyiak was fired, and a few others at UAA have retired.
                    One of the things that Schlossman said during a tv interview on Saturday night was that it was actually relatively easy to get the involved parties to talk about it because most of them had retired or moved on, and accordingly, were less hesitant to talk about schools where they were currently employed.
                    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Re: 2018-19 WCHA Season: 3 Bids And The Second Round?

Bemidji is newer to the league, but one of the Pioneer guys (Hitts might be interested, even though he's moved on) might take it on.

GFM
                      Geof F. Morris
                      UAH BSE MAE 2002
                      UAHHockey.com

Comment

Part 3 of the NCHC series

http://www.bemidjipioneer.com/sports...ses-prominence
                        Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                        FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                        NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                        NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                        NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                        NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                        Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                        Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

• I for one felt this was a mistake at first. Wcha was a great conference but honestly now I'm glad it happened. I felt it was a wake up call at MSU. We are a D1 hockey school sure but we weren't invested in it. Hastings obviously helped but so did the shake up. Also if the NCHC hadnt formed we eould probably be taking about it forming soon. It was going to happen eventually.

I hope MSU stays and WCHA just builds a new tradition.
                          Last edited by MavsFan19; 10-18-2018, 04:07 AM.
                          All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity. - Gordie Howe

Minnesota State Mankato Mavericks

Comment

Most interesting to me is how significant Miami was to the formation of the NCHC. Around that time Chris Bergeron said something like "You think you have friends" in college hockey, which was taken to be a poke at Miami. Miami's role can be seen not only as a knife in Bergeron's back but a twist as well. (BG's program was near its low point then.)
                            Go Falcons!

Comment

• Originally posted by spiehler View Post
                              Most interesting to me is how significant Miami was to the formation of the NCHC. Around that time Chris Bergeron said something like "You think you have friends" in college hockey, which was taken to be a poke at Miami. Miami's role can be seen not only as a knife in Bergeron's back but a twist as well. (BG's program was near its low point then.)
                              Bergeron wasn't upset about the formation of the NCHC, or BG being left out. He was upset that his "friend," Blasi, didn't have the professional courtesy to give him a phone call and tell him what was happening. He heard about it just like the rest of us.

Comment

2018-19 WCHA Non-Conference Schedule

29 NCHC Games (4-15-2)
                                14-15 Big10 Games (1-1-0)
                                8 Hockey East Games (4-0-0)
                                7 Atlantic Hockey Games (3-2-0)
                                4-5 ECAC Games (0-0-0)
                                4-5 Independent Games (0-4-0)
                                0-1 Interleague Games (Not counted in league total)
                                9 Exhibitions (Not counted in league or team total)
                                TOTAL: 12-22-2

ALABAMA-HUNTSVILLE (0-6-0)
                                -at Miami (2) L 1-5, L 0-4
                                -at Colorado College L 0-1
                                -at Denver L 0-6
                                -Arizona State (2) L 1-2, L 1-5
                                -vs Vermont, TD Bank Catamount Cup, Burlington, VT
                                -vs Northeastern, TD Bank Catamount Cup, Burlington, VT

ALASKA (0-5-1)
                                -at Arizona State (2) L 0-3, L 0-5
                                -St. Cloud State (2) L 2-3, L 2-6
                                -at Denver (2) L 1-4, T 3-3

ALASKA-ANCHORAGE (1-1-0)
                                -Colorado College (2) L 2-10, W 4-3
                                -at North Dakota (2)
                                -at Nebraska-Omaha (2)

BEMIDJI STATE (1-0-1)
                                -Lakehead (EXH) W 5-1
                                -North Dakota W 2-1
                                -at North Dakota T 1-1
                                -Merrimack (2)
                                -at St. Cloud State (2)
                                -at Air Force (2)

BOWLING GREEN (3-1-0)
                                -at Mercyhurst W 8-2
                                -at Western Michigan W 6-2
                                -at Robert Morris L 2-3
                                -Robert Morris W 6-0
                                -Western Michigan
                                -at Ohio State
                                -Ohio State
                                -at US Under 18 Team (EXH)
                                -Windsor (EXH)

FERRIS STATE (1-3-0)
                                -US Under 18 Team (EXH) W 3-1
                                -Lethbridge (EXH) W 5-2
                                -Western Michigan L 3-4
                                -at Western Michigan L 0-5
                                -Mercyhurst (2) W 5-2, L 1-3
                                -at Michigan State
                                -Michigan State

LAKE SUPERIOR STATE (2-0-0)
                                -at Merrimack (2) W 5-4, W 1-0
                                -Ni****ing (EXH-2) W 3-1, W 4-0
                                -Michigan (2)
                                -at US Under 18 Team (EXH)
                                -vs. Michigan State, Great Lakes Invitational, Detroit, MI
                                -vs. Michigan Tech/Michigan, Great Lakes Invitational, Detroit, MI

MICHIGAN TECH (0-2-0)
                                -Minnesota-Duluth (2) L 1-2, L 2-5
                                -at Wisconsin (2)
                                -at Clarkson (2)
                                -vs. Michigan, Great Lakes Invitational, Detroit, MI
                                -vs. Lake Superior State/Michigan State, Great Lakes Invitational, Detroit, MI

MINNESOTA STATE (3-1-0)
                                -Mount Royal (EXH) W 7-3
                                -Boston University (2) W 4-3, W 5-3
                                -at North Dakota (2) W 7-4, L 3-4
                                -at Minnesota
                                -Minnesota
                                -vs. Minnesota-Duluth, Desert Hockey Classic, Glendale, AZ
                                -vs. Arizona State/Clarkson, Desert Hockey Classic, Glendale, AZ

NORTHERN MICHIGAN (1-3-0)
                                -at Michigan State (2) L 2-4, W 4-3
                                -at St. Cloud State (2) L 1-4, L 0-5
                                -Cornell (2)
                                Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                                FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                                NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                                NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                                NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                                NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                                Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                                Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Working...
                                X