Page 8 of 48 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: NHL 2018-19 Part 1 - No power outage in Toronto this year!!

Re: NHL 2018-19 Part 1 - No power outage in Toronto this year!!

Quote Originally Posted by JF_Gophers View Post
    Rangers goalies are great big sieves.
    Doo dah, doo dah...

Quote Originally Posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    This Buffalo-Toronto game is quite good from a neutrals perspective.
    That game had a playoff feel to it. Matthews is a beast

Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    Ryan Reaves just got 5 and a game for a blindside hit on Tom Wilson. Wilson had to be helped to the dressing room.
    I believe they call that Karma

Quote Originally Posted by icehawk View Post
    I believe they call that Karma
    Wilson needs to have his chin strap better secured.

Capt
    Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
    Did it in 2:47...fastest in Penguins history. Not bad for a team that's had Crosby, Jagr, and some guy named Mario on it.
    Brayden Point had one over a span of 91 seconds (split between periods) recently.

Has Anger Issues FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar

Wings shart away a three-goal lead in the third. Luckily, the Leafs' defense is still not ready for primetime.

Alien With an Attitude

Good thing the boys were in Volvo!

Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Capt

https://youtu.be/AUODcjgJauw

St. Louis had a goal called back because a harmless shoot in deflected off Tim Peel in the corner and went directly into the net, being tended by who else but Luuuuuu.

Alien With an Attitude

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
    https://youtu.be/AUODcjgJauw

St. Louis had a goal called back because a harmless shoot in deflected off Tim Peel in the corner and went directly into the net, being tended by who else but Luuuuuu.
    Hit him right in the jewels

Alien With an Attitude

Hockey players have all the fun!

southpaw

Quote Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
    Hockey players have all the fun!

Puppies are clearly the best way to get teammates to stop fighting each other...

I see Hakstol is now out in Philly.

I'm glad he got his shot. That's a rough business. They don't give you a lot of time to produce. Goes with the territory, I guess.

It'll be interesting to see if he tries to get back into the college game, or maybe catches on as an assistant somewhere else, or maybe in the AHL or one of the leagues up in Canada.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

He made a lot of head scratcher decisions as the coach there and I'm betting they improve under a different coach. Not taking like 90% of your shots from the point would help any team get better offensively
    Last edited by trixR4kids; 12-17-2018 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by trixR4kids View Post
    He made a lot of head scratcher decisions as the coach there and I'm betting they improve under a different coach. Not taking like 90% of your shots from the point would help any team get better offensively
    Bold prediction, given they're in last place.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

I didn't realize they were that far down but either way with the talent they have they shouldn't be in last place, that's more the point.

I didn't realize they were that far down but either way with the talent they have they shouldn't be in last place, that's more the point.
    I'm sure that Fletcher thought the same. Although to be fair, in today's NHL there isn't a lot that separates a team like Philly and a team currently holding down a playoff spot. Philly has 28 points. Pittsburgh is in 3rd in the Metropolitan and they have 36 points, and have played more games.

Quote Originally Posted by SJHovey View Post
    I'm sure that Fletcher thought the same. Although to be fair, in today's NHL there isn't a lot that separates a team like Philly and a team currently holding down a playoff spot. Philly has 28 points. Pittsburgh is in 3rd in the Metropolitan and they have 36 points, and have played more games.
    8 points is a lot to make up even this early in the season but it's not like the metro has been all that great on the whole. I think they'd make the playoffs if they didn't dig this big of a hole (not to mention they're on their sixth goalie or something now) but it's technically still possible.

Kicizapi Cetan

Um ... talent? Not in net ...

There are probably a handful of college teams with more talent in net than Philly right now. They're abysmal.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

8 points is a lot to make up even this early in the season but it's not like the metro has been all that great on the whole. I think they'd make the playoffs if they didn't dig this big of a hole (not to mention they're on their sixth goalie or something now) but it's technically still possible.
    The Wild beat the Jets the Friday after Thanksgiving, just over three weeks ago. The Jets have gained 14 points on the Wild since that game.

Not saying Philly was going to do that under Hak, or will do it under their new coach, but you go 6-1 in the NHL over the course of a couple of weeks and you can go by a lot of teams in the standings.

As Sic noted, I don't care how much talent Philly may have had up front, it's hard to win if you spend most of the game fishing the puck out of the back of your own net.

Thread Information