Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 244

Thread: NHL 2018-19 Part 1 - No power outage in Toronto this year!!

  1. #121

    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Living from my car
    Posts
    22,540
    Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    Totems. No other choice is acceptable.
    And they better emulate the UAA Seawolves with a native looking logo and color scheme.

  2. #122
    Already insane, UAA making it worse
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    49th
    Posts
    18,508

    Re: NHL 2018-19 Part 1 - No power outage in Toronto this year!!

    Metropolitans or bust!

    Now to begin saving money so I can go to opening night.

    In three years.

  3. #123
    NICKERSON HAS [CENSORED]
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Mountain View, CA
    Posts
    19,245

    Re: NHL 2018-19 Part 1 - No power outage in Toronto this year!!

    Will they have annoying neon green jerseys?

    Cornell '04, Stanford '06


    KDR

    Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Shirtless Bob That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

  4. #124
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    3,859

    Re: NHL 2018-19 Part 1 - No power outage in Toronto this year!!

    My family put in for four club level seats, hopefully we find out soon if we got them

  5. #125

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    36,278

    Re: NHL 2018-19 Part 1 - No power outage in Toronto this year!!

    @Sportsnet: Seattle mayor Jenny Durkan tells @sportsnetirf she likes the name "Krakens" for the team.

    https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...le-team-names/

  6. #126
    Already insane, UAA making it worse
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    49th
    Posts
    18,508

    Re: NHL 2018-19 Part 1 - No power outage in Toronto this year!!

    This Buffalo-Toronto game is quite good from a neutrals perspective.

  7. #127
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    8,270

    Re: NHL 2018-19 Part 1 - No power outage in Toronto this year!!

    Just looking at the stat line, Patric Hornqvist appears to have pulled of a natural hat trick on three successive shifts in the 3rd, none of which was an ENG. If true, that has to be almost unheard of.

  8. #128
    Minding the gap MinnesotaNorthStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    30,266

    Re: NHL 2018-19 Part 1 - No power outage in Toronto this year!!

    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    Just looking at the stat line, Patric Hornqvist appears to have pulled of a natural hat trick on three successive shifts in the 3rd, none of which was an ENG. If true, that has to be almost unheard of.
    Did it in 2:47...fastest in Penguins history. Not bad for a team that's had Crosby, Jagr, and some guy named Mario on it.

    Matt Frattin for Hobey!!
    Originally posted by Quizmire
    mns, this is why i love you.

    Originally posted by Markt
    MNS - forking genius.

    Originally posted by asterisk hat
    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

    Originally posted by hockeybando
    I am a fan of MNS.

  9. #129
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    8,270

    Re: NHL 2018-19 Part 1 - No power outage in Toronto this year!!

    Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
    Did it in 2:47...fastest in Penguins history. Not bad for a team that's had Crosby, Jagr, and some guy named Mario on it.
    If you exclude natural hatties where the last one was an ENG, I wonder if 2:47 is an all-time record.

  10. #130

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    36,278
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    If you exclude natural hatties where the last one was an ENG, I wonder if 2:47 is an all-time record.
    Bill Mosienko did it a lot quicker than that.

  11. #131

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    36,278

    Re: NHL 2018-19 Part 1 - No power outage in Toronto this year!!

    Ryan Reaves just got 5 and a game for a blindside hit on Tom Wilson. Wilson had to be helped to the dressing room.

  12. #132
    He fixes the cable?
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    22,614
    Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    Ryan Reaves just got 5 and a game for a blindside hit on Tom Wilson. Wilson had to be helped to the dressing room.
    Live by the sword...

  13. #133
    Minding the gap MinnesotaNorthStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    30,266

    Re: NHL 2018-19 Part 1 - No power outage in Toronto this year!!

    Quote Originally Posted by state of hockey View Post
    Live by the sword...
    It was a nasty hit. Helmet popped right off and he hit his head on the ice. I can see a suspension out of it.

    Hopefully Wilson's OK, but I'm not shedding a tear over it.

    Matt Frattin for Hobey!!
    Originally posted by Quizmire
    mns, this is why i love you.

    Originally posted by Markt
    MNS - forking genius.

    Originally posted by asterisk hat
    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

    Originally posted by hockeybando
    I am a fan of MNS.

  14. #134
    He fixes the cable?
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    22,614
    Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
    It was a nasty hit. Helmet popped right off and he hit his head on the ice. I can see a suspension out of it.

    Hopefully Wilson's OK, but I'm not shedding a tear over it.
    Don't get me wrong, Reaves is no hero.

  15. #135
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    8,270

    Re: NHL 2018-19 Part 1 - No power outage in Toronto this year!!

    Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    Bill Mosienko did it a lot quicker than that.
    Checked it out. I guess a real hockey fan would have known about that. Seems impossible.

  16. #136
    2147483647
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    23,409
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    Checked it out. I guess a real hockey fan would have known about that. Seems impossible.
    Rangers goalies are great big sieves.

  17. #137
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    The Rafters of Schottenstein Center
    Posts
    5,874

    Re: NHL 2018-19 Part 1 - No power outage in Toronto this year!!

    Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    Bill Mosienko did it a lot quicker than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    Checked it out. I guess a real hockey fan would have known about that. Seems impossible.
    While I'm sure Joe was at the game, most of us weren't even born in 1952.

    I'm pretty old, but I also had to look it up. For the benefit of all of us too youthful to know from first-hand knowledge: 3 Goals in 21 Seconds.

    Who says you can't change the laws of science.

  18. #138

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    36,278
    Quote Originally Posted by pgb-ohio View Post
    While I'm sure Joe was at the game, most of us weren't even born in 1952.

    I'm pretty old, but I also had to look it up. For the benefit of all of us too youthful to know from first-hand knowledge: 3 Goals in 21 Seconds.

    Who says you can't change the laws of science.
    I'm a '55. However, grew up a Rangers and Stan Fischler fan. One learns a lot of NHL/Ranger history sitting at the feet of the Maven.

  19. #139
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    27,055

    Re: NHL 2018-19 Part 1 - No power outage in Toronto this year!!

    Quote Originally Posted by pgb-ohio View Post
    While I'm sure Joe was at the game, most of us weren't even born in 1952.

    I'm pretty old, but I also had to look it up. For the benefit of all of us too youthful to know from first-hand knowledge: 3 Goals in 21 Seconds.

    Who says you can't change the laws of science.
    I literally donít believe it.

  20. #140
    Alien With an Attitude
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    The True North Strong and Free
    Posts
    11,327

    Re: NHL 2018-19 Part 1 - No power outage in Toronto this year!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    This Buffalo-Toronto game is quite good from a neutrals perspective.
    Even better from a lifelong fan's perspective.

    Matthews magic!!!
    Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •