Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NHL 2018-19 Part 1 - No power outage in Toronto this year!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aparch View Post
    So... uhh... Those Senator players sure respect their coaches.
    Is this much of a story? I'd be far more surprised by players talking about how great their coaches are.
    the state of hockey is good

Comment

Re: NHL 2018-19 Part 1 - No power outage in Toronto this year!!

*Quenneville. My bad.

Yeah, Jeremy Colliton was hired last season by the Blackhawks as the Rockford Icehogs (AHL affiliate) head coach. His prior coaching experience was for four years (part time as player/coach) for Mora IK in Sweden. The Blackhawks liked him enough to hire him outright as Head Coach last season for their farm team with no North American coaching experience.

The only upside I see in his NHL baptism by fire is that the young kids called up from Rockford already know him. It wi be getting the veterans to buy into him that will be the undoing.
      Last edited by aparch; 11-06-2018, 11:02 AM.
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
        Is this much of a story? I'd be far more surprised by players talking about how great their coaches are.
        We all knew it happens. We all have heard stories or knew a guy who played minor pro who talked about this stuff.

I think the issue is that these guys were so openly candid with a random stranger with the added bonus that the video was leaked and didnt just stay a good drinking story for the guy with his friends.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Yep. It's not that they did it, it's that it went viral on social media, and embarrasses the organization at a time when they don't need further embarrassment.

Comment

So the date on the video was 1/1/2017
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              So the date on the video was 1/1/2017
              Date is wrong. Duchene wasn't traded till November. It's from a few days ago.
              "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
              Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
              Grandma ~ Jan 2004
              Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
              Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Fox Sports Detroit and the Red Wings have put the latest episode of Wingspan online for all to watch:
                https://www.foxsports.com/detroit/story/wingspan-for-jamie-videos-110918

It's about Ken Daniels, and how he's been keeping his sons name alive to discuss what his son went through with opioid addiction and how prevalent the problem is throughout the US. It more focuses on the recent endeavors since we all are aware of what happened.
                (For those that don't, here's the original story from The Athletic.)

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                  It's about Ken Daniels, and how he's been keeping his sons name alive to discuss what his son went through with opioid addiction and how prevalent the problem is throughout the US. It more focuses on the recent endeavors since we all are aware of what happened.
                  (For those that don't, here's the original story from The Athletic.)
                  I can speak from experience with alcohol, that 90% of inpatient rehabs are a joke. Basically, they're a dry-out scam to get insurance money + a 12-step indoctrination cult.

People who aren't court-ordered are better off seeking a combination of an outpatient group program that is not rigidly 12-step, plus private counseling (preferably from another recovered addict).

And there's my soapbox for the week. Back to the NHL, everyone! *steps down*

Comment

#mnwild⁠ ⁠ has won 10 of its last 12 games (10-2-0) and is 11-4-2 in 17 games this season. The Wild ranks second in the Western Conference and third in the #NHL in points. The 24 points are the most in franchise history after 17 games. #MINvsSTL
                    Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Now you've done it.

Comment

Now you've done it.
                        Forgot to mention 8 come from behind wins already too. Most in the league. That should really do it
                        Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

18 shots is efficient when you win...
                          PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                          NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Now you've done it.

Comment

I sure did
                              Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Per Dreger, Lightning fear Vasilevsky fractured his left foot, evaluation today, timetable TBD.

Comment

Working...
                                X