Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NHL 2018-19 Part 1 - No power outage in Toronto this year!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NHL 2018-19 Part 1 - No power outage in Toronto this year!!

We've got a full Fluery postseason meltdown.
    the state of hockey is good

Comment

San Jose doing everything they can to let Vegas tie this up...
      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
      Originally posted by Quizmire
      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Game. Congrats Sharks.
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Rats. I was enjoying the Vegas fan reactions.

Comment

My head hurts.
            Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Surprised to see E. Karlsson out there. Figured the game plan would be to keep him off the ice.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                My head hurts.
                Concussion protocol for you!
                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                  Concussion protocol for you!
                  "I'm Batman."

"He's good!"
                  Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                    We've got a full Fluery postseason meltdown.
                    I stand corrected. He's made some good saves since the powerplay.

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                      Surprised to see E. Karlsson out there. Figured the game plan would be to keep him off the ice.
                      Man, I'm wrong a lot.

Good idea dishing it to a guy that's played about 7 minutes. Blew past everyone.

Comment

Marchessault didn't mince words when asked about the Eakin penalty...NSFW

Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                        Originally posted by Quizmire
                        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Watching the highlights, yes, it was a terrible call.

But LV let the terrible call get in their minds instead of focusing on the game. If they had just let it happen, and move on, given history of most major penalties- the worst that would have happened was 2 goals, and Vegas would have had the 1 goal lead. Instead, they all got offended by the ref, and didn't focus on the game. Much like how the Cubs lost the infamous Bartman game, when Alou lost his mind over the bad call, and the rest of the team melted down with his fit of rage.

Vegas let the ref's bad call dictate the game, as I saw it.

Comment

And that's why I was glad to see Vegas tie it up in the waning seconds. Some have repeatedly said "puck don't lie," so to have it go to OT wiped the board clean. (-ish)
                            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post

But LV let the terrible call get in their minds instead of focusing on the game. If they had just let it happen, and move on, given history of most major penalties- the worst that would have happened was 2 goals, and Vegas would have had the 1 goal lead. Instead, they all got offended by the ref, and didn't focus on the game. Much like how the Cubs lost the infamous Bartman game, when Alou lost his mind over the bad call, and the rest of the team melted down with his fit of rage.

Instead, they all got offended by the ref, and didn't focus on the game.
                              Just like the Raiders in the "Tuck Rule" game.
                              A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post

I disagree. I actually thought Vegas handled the call a lot better than most teams would have. San Jose just played with energy and passion that they usually don't show (hence their pathetic playoff history). Can't really fault Fleury on most of the goals during the power play since SJ did a great job of getting bodies in front of him.

Once the power play was over, Vegas came back and dominated play during regulation, which showed me that they really didn't let the bad call affect them.

It's unfortunate that a game seven has to be affected in that way. It's kind of why I like the college rule of reviewing major penalties, although honestly that rule needs to be tweaked a bit as well. In real time it looked like the Pavelski play was bad, but on replay you saw what it was, no more than a two minute cross check and a guy who landed awkwardly.

But give SJ credit. They took advantage of the chance they were given.
                                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Working...
                                X