Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NHL 2018-19 Part 1 - No power outage in Toronto this year!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NHL 2018-19 Part 1 - No power outage in Toronto this year!!

Gary Bettman better not read this. Make sure the translate feature is turned on.

https://www.expressen.se/sport/qs/ja...-den-personen/
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

They screwed him up real bad. Like some of these ex-NFL guys, I think he'll be lucky to make it to 50. Probably would've killed himself by now if not for his family's support.

Comment

So far
        Brass Bonanza x 4
        Zombie Nation x 2
        Last edited by joecct; 12-23-2018, 05:30 PM.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          So far
          Brass Bonanza x 4
          Zombie Nation x 2
          You watching the Carolina/Hartford throwback game?

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            You watching the Carolina/Hartford throwback game?
            Yep - until Wings / Leafs at 730
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

@Oystie74: I have stepped away from the Humboldt Broncos. Despite the extreme stress and constant pressure of working with the organization, I gave them everything I possibly could and am proud of their performance, and mine, this season.
              I will issue a proper statement shortly.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Well, my Sister got my Dad and I tickets to the Winter Classic for Christmas... So I'm checking that off the Bucket List now...

I will admit that I think we ended up with this gift because sales are really struggling for a number of factors... But she knew it was a big event and tickets were available, so here we are... She does seem legitimately excited to go and experience the whole deal, so yay for that... We're in the top of Sec. 121 (South Endzone) so I already know we'll be a mile away and watching on the Jumbotron... Hopefully it'll be a cool experience... I assume there is stuff to do outside the stadium...

Any one have any tips for getting in/out of South Bend on gameday? Been reading some not so good reports from football there... Since my Dad needed to keep walking down, we got parking in the Innovation Park lot, which seems adjacent to Compton....
                It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Looks like a done deal

@SportsnetSpec: Hearing CHI-EDM deal boiling down to Brandon Manning and LH D-man Robin Norell (currently in Sweden) to EDM for Drake Caggiula and Jason Garrison.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Interesting story about a Twin Cities garbage truck driver who never played hockey but is the Winnipeg Jets Minnesota scout.

https://www.grandforksherald.com/spo...DXSJg4.twitter
                    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Has anyone been to a Winter Classic game in person? I watch it every year and it always looks amazing... on my TV screen from my warm living room and couch. I can't imagine it being all that great a live experience. The stands are so far away from the ice I can't imagine you can really see much, and that's to say nothing of the weather...
                      I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                        Has anyone been to a Winter Classic game in person? I watch it every year and it always looks amazing... on my TV screen from my warm living room and couch. I can't imagine it being all that great a live experience. The stands are so far away from the ice I can't imagine you can really see much, and that's to say nothing of the weather...
                        2020 is in Dallas. So weather should be less of a concern.
                        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                          I went to the Wild-Blackhawks game in February of 2016 that was part of the NHL Stadium Series, and was also part of Hockey Day Minnesota. I'm glad I went, but I wouldn't regularly attend outdoor NHL games.

We were a long way from the ice so it didn't feel so much like being in a hockey arena with the sounds and speed. It almost felt more like watching it on tv. The weather that day wasn't bad, but you need to be prepared for the sun. It was hard to see when the sun was out if you didn't have sunglasses, and even if you did it wasn't ideal.
                          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                            Watch, it will be 60 degrees and pouring rain.

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                              Some speculation on Twitter that because they haven’t announced an opponent it could mean someone is relocating to Houston. I can’t tell if it’s serious or not.
                              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                Watch, it will be 60 degrees and pouring rain.
                                60 degrees? That's the temperature of most NHL arenas already.

Rain or Sun will kill the event. Needs to be a cloudy day.
                                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X