Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NHL 2018-19 Part 1 - No power outage in Toronto this year!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NHL 2018-19 Part 1 - No power outage in Toronto this year!!

Hockey players have all the fun!

Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
      Hockey players have all the fun!

Puppies are clearly the best way to get teammates to stop fighting each other...

Comment

I see Hakstol is now out in Philly.

I'm glad he got his shot. That's a rough business. They don't give you a lot of time to produce. Goes with the territory, I guess.

It'll be interesting to see if he tries to get back into the college game, or maybe catches on as an assistant somewhere else, or maybe in the AHL or one of the leagues up in Canada.
        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

He made a lot of head scratcher decisions as the coach there and I'm betting they improve under a different coach. Not taking like 90% of your shots from the point would help any team get better offensively
          Last edited by trixR4kids; 12-17-2018, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
            He made a lot of head scratcher decisions as the coach there and I'm betting they improve under a different coach. Not taking like 90% of your shots from the point would help any team get better offensively
            Bold prediction, given they're in last place.
            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

I didn't realize they were that far down but either way with the talent they have they shouldn't be in last place, that's more the point.

Comment

I didn't realize they were that far down but either way with the talent they have they shouldn't be in last place, that's more the point.
                I'm sure that Fletcher thought the same. Although to be fair, in today's NHL there isn't a lot that separates a team like Philly and a team currently holding down a playoff spot. Philly has 28 points. Pittsburgh is in 3rd in the Metropolitan and they have 36 points, and have played more games.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                  I'm sure that Fletcher thought the same. Although to be fair, in today's NHL there isn't a lot that separates a team like Philly and a team currently holding down a playoff spot. Philly has 28 points. Pittsburgh is in 3rd in the Metropolitan and they have 36 points, and have played more games.
                  8 points is a lot to make up even this early in the season but it's not like the metro has been all that great on the whole. I think they'd make the playoffs if they didn't dig this big of a hole (not to mention they're on their sixth goalie or something now) but it's technically still possible.

Comment

Um ... talent? Not in net ...

There are probably a handful of college teams with more talent in net than Philly right now. They're abysmal.
                    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

8 points is a lot to make up even this early in the season but it's not like the metro has been all that great on the whole. I think they'd make the playoffs if they didn't dig this big of a hole (not to mention they're on their sixth goalie or something now) but it's technically still possible.
                      The Wild beat the Jets the Friday after Thanksgiving, just over three weeks ago. The Jets have gained 14 points on the Wild since that game.

Not saying Philly was going to do that under Hak, or will do it under their new coach, but you go 6-1 in the NHL over the course of a couple of weeks and you can go by a lot of teams in the standings.

As Sic noted, I don't care how much talent Philly may have had up front, it's hard to win if you spend most of the game fishing the puck out of the back of your own net.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                        ... fishing the puck out of the back of your own net.

That is Philly's team save ratio.

Only time I'd want a number like that associated with my team's defense would be for PP kills.
                        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Just taking some notes for future reference:

Philly today: 31 GP, 12-15-4, 28 pts, 93 GF, 116 GA

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

@MickHatten: So you want to be an NHL head coach? Consider this: The Philadelphia Flyers have been in the league since 1967. Dave Hakstol has the third-longest tenure (277 games) among the organization's head coaches after ... less than 3 1/2 seasons: Fred Shero (554) and Mike Keenan (320).
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Hope he's ok

@ByMHarrington: Rick Jeanneret was taken from the arena on a stretcher during the third period. I saw him wheeled out of the press box. No word on his condition. #Sabres https://buffalonews.com/2018/12/22/r...res-broadcast/
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Sybil pens screwing up their ‘dump for hughes’ Strategy
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X