Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 257

Thread: UNH Commits & Recruiting: 2019 and Beyond

  1. #81
    Clark-Hislop-Cox
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,028

    Re: UNH Commits & Recruiting: 2019 and Beyond

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    2019-20 or 2020-21 arrival in Durham?
    Target dates are 2020-21 or 2021-22.

    "UNH Commit Robert Cronin: A Smart, Poised Forward"
    Includes interview, video highlights, scouting report and statistics.

  2. #82
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Once upon a time, Jax , Florida but now somewhere in the Lakes Region of NH
    Posts
    5,225

    Re: UNH Commits & Recruiting: 2019 and Beyond

    Quote Originally Posted by C-H-C View Post
    Target dates are 2020-21 or 2021-22.

    "UNH Commit Robert Cronin: A Smart, Poised Forward"
    Includes interview, video highlights, scouting report and statistics.
    Sounds like a very smart (loved his 'cerebral playmaking abilities' comment) and talented recruit!!! Nice to see he chose UNH and looking forward to his arrival...
    Let's Go SouzaCats!

  3. #83
    UNH fanatic since 1985
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Barrington, NH
    Posts
    3,003

    Re: UNH Commits & Recruiting: 2019 and Beyond

    I believe this to be a relatively close list of recruits but there always seems to be 1-2 who come in under the radar. I also noticed that no goalies are listed:

    Bahn, Lucas D 5-10, 165 Hendersonville, Tenn. West Kelowna Warriors << Some have reported he decommited but is still listed as coming.
    Eriksson, Kalle D 5-10, 181 Leksand, Sweden Madison Capitols
    McElhaney, Nolan D 6-3 , 190 Yorba Linda, Calif. Omaha Lancers
    Stevenson, Chase F 5-11, 170 West Kelowna, B.C. West Kelowna (BCHL)
    Sweeney, Connor F 6-2 , 194 North Andover, Mass. Lawrence Academy (NEPrep)
    Wazny, Marek C 6-1 , 174 Frisco, Texas Burlington (OJHL)

    2020
    Devlin, Liam F 5-9 , 161 Needham, Mass. St. Sebastian's School
    Jones, Zack F 5-9 , 154 Bridgewater, Mass. Boston Jr. Bandits
    Margel, William W/C 5-9 , 163 Potomac, Md. Selects Hockey Academy 18U
    Stützle, Tim F 5-11, 165 Viersen, Germany Jungadler Mannheim U20

    2021
    Ardanaz, Nicolas D 5-8 , 150 Langley, B.C. Vernon Vipers
    Sacco, David F 6-0 , 181 Middleton, Mass. Lawrence Academy
    Winters, Morgan F 5-10, 165 Osprey, Fla. Boston Little Bruins
    GO WILDCATS! 2002 & 2003 Hockey East Reg. Season & Tourney Champions.

  4. #84
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    2,248
    Bahn is out per his BCHL roster page, which has removed his commitment. He's still listed on Elite Prospects as in the UNH pipeline, but they often take longer to learn of the decommitments as opposed to the commitments. It is far less exciting news to share...

    https://bchl.ca/stats/player/4916/38/lucas-bahn

    ---

    BIG junior season for UNH and the 2020 class. That is a key class if UNH has real expectations of getting back to the top. They'll still need to add to this class moving forward - but of the players already committed it will be huge to see if they can get into the USHL and deliver while they're there...

    Stutzle is a lock for Sioux City. Sioux Falls should still hold Margel's rights and they would have to be intrigued by his 91-point season at Selects.

    Curran's, Jones' and the rests' prospects for next season are harder to predict, but they'd really be best served getting out of the East - If not the USHL, than hopefully the BCHL. It would be better for their development and a better indication that they can be difference makers at the college level.

    Ardanaz should be up full-time in the BCHL.

    Lots of ??? 2020 and beyond and we should finally get some answers...
    Last edited by Dan; 03-12-2019 at 10:54 PM.

  5. #85
    Clark-Hislop-Cox
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,028
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookin4Fun View Post
    I believe this to be a relatively close list of recruits but there always seems to be 1-2 who come in under the radar. I also noticed that no goalies are listed:

    Bahn, Lucas D 5-10, 165 Hendersonville, Tenn. West Kelowna Warriors << Some have reported he decommited but is still listed as coming.
    Eriksson, Kalle D 5-10, 181 Leksand, Sweden Madison Capitols
    McElhaney, Nolan D 6-3 , 190 Yorba Linda, Calif. Omaha Lancers
    Stevenson, Chase F 5-11, 170 West Kelowna, B.C. West Kelowna (BCHL)
    Sweeney, Connor F 6-2 , 194 North Andover, Mass. Lawrence Academy (NEPrep)
    Wazny, Marek C 6-1 , 174 Frisco, Texas Burlington (OJHL)

    2020
    Devlin, Liam F 5-9 , 161 Needham, Mass. St. Sebastian's School
    Jones, Zack F 5-9 , 154 Bridgewater, Mass. Boston Jr. Bandits
    Margel, William W/C 5-9 , 163 Potomac, Md. Selects Hockey Academy 18U
    Stützle, Tim F 5-11, 165 Viersen, Germany Jungadler Mannheim U20

    2021
    Ardanaz, Nicolas D 5-8 , 150 Langley, B.C. Vernon Vipers
    Sacco, David F 6-0 , 181 Middleton, Mass. Lawrence Academy
    Winters, Morgan F 5-10, 165 Osprey, Fla. Boston Little Bruins
    Not sure where this list comes from but there are several inaccuracies.

    The table in this article was accurate as of Feb 8th:
    https://unhhockeyblog.blogspot.com/2019/02/unh-commits-update-2-8-19-spotlight-on.html?m=1

    Since then, Lucas Bahn and UNH ended there commitment to one another. Robert Cronin committed for 2020 or 2021:
    https://unhhockeyblog.blogspot.com/2019/02/unh-commit-robert-cronin-smart-poised.html?m=1

    It’s important to note that the target date for enrollment established by the UNH coaches and the committed player is often a window of 2 years. That’s why it’s sometimes not accurate to list a single year as the time a committed player will definitely enroll.
    Last edited by C-H-C; 03-11-2019 at 10:44 PM.

  6. #86

    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Windham, NH
    Posts
    6,734

    Re: UNH Commits & Recruiting: 2019 and Beyond



  7. #87
    Clark-Hislop-Cox
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,028

    Re: UNH Commits & Recruiting: 2019 and Beyond

    "UNH Commits Update 3-22-19: Spotlight on Stützle & Margel"

    Includes video highlights of Tim Stützle plus latest projections on enrollment targets for all 15 UNH commits.

  8. #88
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Once upon a time, Jax , Florida but now somewhere in the Lakes Region of NH
    Posts
    5,225

    Re: UNH Commits & Recruiting: 2019 and Beyond

    Nice story about future Wildcat commit JP Turner:

    https://www.capenews.net/falmouth/sp...15a151064.html
    Let's Go SouzaCats!

  9. #89
    Clark-Hislop-Cox
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,028

    Re: UNH Commits & Recruiting: 2019 and Beyond

    "Brothers Jack & Nick Ring Commit to UNH"

    Jack Ring (DOB: 12/18/00) Hingham. 18-yr-old 6'3" 180 lbs left-shot forward. Lead @BostonAdvantage U18 team Goals(18) Assists(22) Scoring(40). #CoachJoeLovell "extremely fast..get in on the forecheck quickly.. 200 ft player..can put the puck in the net" https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/474272/jack-ring

    Nick Ring (DOB: 10/26/03) Hingham. 15-yr-old 5'9" 160 lbs right-shot forward. 2nd leading scorer @BostonAdvantage U16 Goals(11) Asst(11) Pts(22) #CoachTimLovell "very cerebral hockey player..great in traffic with the puck..makes guys around him better. " https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/563019/nick-ring

  10. #90
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Once upon a time, Jax , Florida but now somewhere in the Lakes Region of NH
    Posts
    5,225
    Quote Originally Posted by C-H-C View Post
    "Brothers Jack & Nick Ring Commit to UNH"

    Jack Ring (DOB: 12/18/00) Hingham. 18-yr-old 6'3" 180 lbs left-shot forward. Lead @BostonAdvantage U18 team Goals(18) Assists(22) Scoring(40). #CoachJoeLovell "extremely fast..get in on the forecheck quickly.. 200 ft player..can put the puck in the net" https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/474272/jack-ring

    Nick Ring (DOB: 10/26/03) Hingham. 15-yr-old 5'9" 160 lbs right-shot forward. 2nd leading scorer @BostonAdvantage U16 Goals(11) Asst(11) Pts(22) #CoachTimLovell "very cerebral hockey player..great in traffic with the puck..makes guys around him better. " https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/563019/nick-ring
    Alright!! The brother tradition continues! Has a nice ring to it(sorry had to)..welcome to the ‘Cats Ring bros!!

  11. #91
    Clark-Hislop-Cox
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,028

    Re: UNH Commits & Recruiting: 2019 and Beyond

    UNH Commit Tim Stützle scored the game-winning goal and an insurance goal (see video below) as Jungadler Mannheim won the 2019 DNL U20 Championship. According to Janik Beichler, Germany Regional Scout for Future Considerations, Stützle is "expected to join the Sioux City Musketeers for his (NHL) draft year, then UNH in 2020."

    https://youtu.be/7iCQ8z9i0bs

  12. #92
    Clark-Hislop-Cox
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,028

    Re: UNH Commits & Recruiting: 2019 and Beyond

    Cy LeClerc DOB:5/14/02 Brentwood NH leftshot forward @SeacoastSpartan 16U leading scorer 55G 57A 60GP commits @UNHMHOCKEY. @_Neutral_Zone report:"excellent spatial awareness..great vision..shifty and elusive..strong on his skates" 36th pick 2018 QMJHLDraft https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/481655/cy-leclerc

  13. #93
    Clark-Hislop-Cox
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,028

    Re: UNH Commits & Recruiting: 2019 and Beyond

    Will Margel & #CentralCTCapitals @SKSAHockey beat North Jersey Avalanche in OT to win @usahockey 18U National Championship. Margel tied for 1st in scoring (13 pts), T2nd in assists (8) & T3rd in goals (5) in 6 games.

  14. #94
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Thornton, NH
    Posts
    6,271
    Quote Originally Posted by C-H-C View Post
    Will Margel & #CentralCTCapitals @SKSAHockey beat North Jersey Avalanche in OT to win @usahockey 18U National Championship. Margel tied for 1st in scoring (13 pts), T2nd in assists (8) & T3rd in goals (5) in 6 games.
    Should be glory times again soon at the Whitt.

  15. #95
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Once upon a time, Jax , Florida but now somewhere in the Lakes Region of NH
    Posts
    5,225

    Re: UNH Commits & Recruiting: 2019 and Beyond

    Quote Originally Posted by Snively65 View Post
    Should be glory times again soon at the Whitt.
    ….and he comes in with Tim Stutzle, joins Angus C, Jackson P, Eric E, MacAdams, matured blueliners MacKinnon and Verrier, with Robinson, Grasso as Seniors. If it all falls into place, should be a great combination! Of course, that all depends on a few variables but have fingers crossed! Doubt we'll keep Gildon as a Senior, but, you never know...
    Let's Go SouzaCats!

  16. #96
    Clark-Hislop-Cox
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,028

    Re: UNH Commits & Recruiting: 2019 and Beyond

    Lucas Herrmann (DOB:8/1/00) from Buffalo, NY, 6'2" 180 lbs, left shot center for Madison Capitals (USHL) commits to UNH for Fall 2019. 13G (including 6 power play goals) 8A 51GP 50 PIM. Neutral Zone reports: "a good shot..hard work/grit..really solid 200ft player..takes the body..drives the net..soft hands..a solid prospect.”
    https://www.madcapshockey.com/news_article/show/1011422
    Last edited by C-H-C; 04-09-2019 at 08:13 PM.

  17. #97
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    2,248

    Re: UNH Commits & Recruiting: 2019 and Beyond

    Commitment - and one that may be for next season in Lucas Herrmann (Madison - USHL). Formerly committed to Niagara and still listed as a Niagara recruit on the USHL website and Elite Prospects. Turns 19 in August. Played at Nichols School, the alma mater of Andrew Poturalski...

    13-8–21 in 50+ games and a -24. Six of his goals on the PP.

  18. #98
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Once upon a time, Jax , Florida but now somewhere in the Lakes Region of NH
    Posts
    5,225

    Re: UNH Commits & Recruiting: 2019 and Beyond

    Quote Originally Posted by C-H-C View Post
    Lucas Herrmann (DOB:8/1/00) from Buffalo, NY, 6'2" 180 lbs, left shot center for Madison Capitals (USHL) commits to UNH for Fall 2019. 13G (including 6 power play goals) 8A 51GP 50 PIM. Neutral Zone reports: "a good shot..hard work/grit..really solid 200ft player..takes the body..drives the net..soft hands..a solid prospect.”
    https://www.madcapshockey.com/news_article/show/1011422
    Welcome to the 'Cats Lucas!!!
    Let's Go SouzaCats!

  19. #99
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Once upon a time, Jax , Florida but now somewhere in the Lakes Region of NH
    Posts
    5,225
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Commitment - and one that may be for next season in Lucas Herrmann (Madison - USHL). Formerly committed to Niagara and still listed as a Niagara recruit on the USHL website and Elite Prospects. Turns 19 in August. Played at Nichols School, the alma mater of Andrew Poturalski...

    13-8–21 in 50+ games and a -24. Six of his goals on the PP.
    From what I can see he’s definitely coming aboard next season!

  20. #100
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Thornton, NH
    Posts
    6,271

    Re: UNH Commits & Recruiting: 2019 and Beyond

    Lose a Lucas, gain a Lucas (sounds like a good thread title).

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •