20-21 10th place
    21-22 9th place
    22-23 10th place

Comment

Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
      Thank you Jeff.

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...=1#post6692729

NCAA Watcher posted 08-26-2018, 09:45 AM
      Seems like a real nice get. Troy Stecher was an elite college defenseman, probably among the top few in the game at his time. Ardanaz is smaller and a good skater, with offensive numbers at DHA, but that is still a lofty comp. Happy to take your word for it, but what leads you to that name?? Any particular performance or evaluation??
      Last edited by Dan; 11-20-2018, 04:21 PM.
      Live Free or Die!!
      Miami University '03

Comment

Yes please. Goal scorers. They need a few John Evanses. I'd also take their former DHA teammate Brandon Santa Juana. And another former teammate Trey Taylor (Ty Taylor's little brother) continues to play at lot for Vernon at 16...

---

In other recruiting news - JD Greenway would have been a nice D for the next couple of years, but the former Wisconsin D-man heads to Maine today...
        Last edited by Dan; 11-20-2018, 04:55 PM.
        Live Free or Die!!
        Miami University '03

Comment

Re: UNH Commits & Recruiting: 2019 and Beyond

From June 2018:
          Head scout and Assistant Coach of the Vipers, Kevin Pedersen had this to say about the commitment (to Vernon):
          “The decision to commit to Nick a year out was based on his development as a player. Nick is a gifted skater with dynamic edges and ability to control the puck. He has great vision and excels in the offensive side of the game.”
          The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
            In other recruiting news - JD Greenway would have been a nice D for the next couple of years, but the former Wisconsin D-man heads to Maine today...
            No thanks. No need for anyone bigger than 6'2. Let's focus on skating skill and puck skills.
            The Souza record:
            15-16 10th place
            16-17 10th place
            17-18 11th place
            18-19 8th place
            19-20 9th place
            20-21 10th place
            21-22 9th place
            22-23 10th place

Comment

No thanks. No need for anyone bigger than 6'2. Let's focus on skating skill and puck skills.
              Height does not disqualify one from bing able to move around the ice or move the puck. Greenway is hardly a statue. At worst he gives you what Wyse gives you (a huge body with steady play and solid movement). With upside.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...james-greenway

When I look at the group of D UNH will have the next couple of years - JD would have fit in very nicely. If were talking 02's and beyond - Ill take all the 5-8 puck movers you can find in the Ian Mitchell or Troy Stecher mold if that's what they prefer. When you're last-minute shopping, you can't be as picky. If Gildon leaves this year, who replaces him in the top-4?

Wyse-Maass
              MacKinnon - Verrier
              Bahn - McElhaney
              Hickey

That's a group that could use another D - and a steady, older D with two years of NCAA experience who is moving pucks at a high-level in the USHL (3-8--11 in 17 GP) and has done the same at the International level would have been a great fit. He also wouldn't have clogged up future scholarship money to target elite puck moving prospects sooner rather than later. Not sure they can find much better right now, unless there's another early summer decommit...
              Last edited by Dan; 11-20-2018, 06:31 PM.
              Live Free or Die!!
              Miami University '03

Comment

Tim Stuzle looks like he will be a good one, I wonder if that recruiting battle is over or he's still mulling over the major junior route or another school?

https://***********/TPEHOCKEY/status/1067542313000423424

Comment

Originally posted by techtodenver View Post
                  Tim Stuzle looks like he will be a good one, I wonder if that recruiting battle is over or he's still mulling over the major junior route or another school?

https://***********/TPEHOCKEY/status/1067542313000423424
                  Yes, indeed. UNH fans are crossing their fingers (and toes) hoping he comes to UNH. Guess we'll find out!
                  Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

"UNH Commit Nick Ardanaz: A Quick, Agile Defenseman"
                    Includes video highlights, interview, scouting reports and stats.
                    The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

So, nothing but crickets on Engarås. Didn't even come up as a topic around being shorhanded (injury madness) of late. Maybe he's actually in town and cleared, just not good enough to be on the ice.

That said, if he's still serving his NCAA penance, and UNH is footing a scholarship, well, that's a huge waste for a team that needs all it can get. In the real world, it's a due diligence fail regardless of the reason (admissions, pro$$, whatever...) and somebody gets a spanking.

Seems we'll need to do some discrete wire tapping to get any intel...
                      Shrink-The-Rink, Win a Title

Comment

Originally posted by bakchk20 View Post
                        So, nothing but crickets on Engarås. Didn't even come up as a topic around being shorhanded (injury madness) of late. Maybe he's actually in town and cleared, just not good enough to be on the ice.

That said, if he's still serving his NCAA penance, and UNH is footing a scholarship, well, that's a huge waste for a team that needs all it can get. In the real world, it's a due diligence fail regardless of the reason (admissions, pro$$, whatever...) and somebody gets a spanking.

Seems we'll need to do some discrete wire tapping to get any intel...
                        Well, he's def in town; I've seen him a few times at the 'Whitt. And I listen to the pressers (most of the time all the way through) and his name is never brought up. Someone correct me if I'm wrong on that. I don't know why they don't bring that up I'd be wondering. As per him not having the talent to be on the ice? I've got no clue about that. My inkling is he IS good enough to be skating with the 'Cats...? Of course this is a college team not the Bruins so we don't have the luxury of knowing all of these things, but, I'm kind of surprised his name isn't brought up at the weekly presser. My only guess is he's still not cleared I'm doubting his talent keeps him off the ice. But...crickets; that's for sure....
                        Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

If someone in the press had a pair, they'd ask Coach Souza for some insight. Simple, no?

Unless they're worried that BS35+infinity might yank their credentials for being insolent ...
                          Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                          Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                            If someone in the press had a pair, they'd ask Coach Souza for some insight. Simple, no?

Unless they're worried that BS35+infinity might yank their credentials for being insolent ...
                            Agreed. Why not ask the question? Maybe they know and don’t want to rock the boat. Totally plausible.
                            Last edited by scoreboard; 12-06-2018, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Stutzle apparently suffered an upper body injury and will miss the 1-A U20 tournament, which begins Sunday in Germany. No idea how long he may be out...

EDIT
                              It appears he tried to fight through it - and productively, returning and posting a goal and assist in a pre-tournament game against Norway - but will not be on the final roster...
                              Last edited by Dan; 12-07-2018, 12:41 PM.
                              Live Free or Die!!
                              Miami University '03

Comment

Originally posted by KahunWOW, post: 152322585, member: 36100
                                Just to put some context to Stützles stats:

16yo seasons in the German youth league DNL:
                                Leon Draisaitl: 56 points in 35 games; Points/game = 1,60
                                Dominik Bokk: 71 points in 41 games; Points/game = 1,73
                                Tim Stützle: 55 points in 20 games; Points/game = 2,75

I don´t know anything about the strenghts of their linemates. But these numbers should give you an idea, how special his season is so far.

They even changed the maximum age from 19 to 20 this season. Pretty sick to lead the scoring race as a 16yo by such a large margin.

From what I have seen in the few youtube videos, he has a great shot and very good agility.

If he keeps scoring like that, he goes Top10 in 2020 imo.

Does anyone know what his plans are for next season?
                                Draisaitl bounced from that season to two years tearing up the WHL and is currently a PPG player in the NHL. Bokk jumped to Sweden and is now a SHL regular at 18 (and was a first round pick by St Louis)...

As we all know Stutzle's current plans involve a year with Sioux City in the USHL and then UNH. Though his development timeline continues to speed up rapidly...
                                Last edited by Dan; 12-07-2018, 01:01 PM.
                                Live Free or Die!!
                                Miami University '03

Comment

Working...
                                X