Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 316

Thread: UNH Commits & Recruiting: 2019 and Beyond

  1. #21
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    2,374
    Quote Originally Posted by NCAA watcher View Post
    Presumably ineligible all year. Hockeyref said after the last FOH event Souza said they got a ruling they didn't like, and are appealing. Since that was after the 6 games expected penalty, presumably the ruling they got was for the whole year. Just my reading of the quote.
    And yet, Melvin Karlsson played again last night for LSSU. Engaras must have taken some impermissible level of compensation during his SHL tenure. It's the only explanation for a suspension for one and not the other...

  2. #22

    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Windham, NH
    Posts
    6,790

    Re: UNH Commits & Recruiting: 2019 and Beyond

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    And yet, Melvin Karlsson played again last night for LSSU. Engaras must have taken some impermissible level of compensation during his SHL tenure. It's the only explanation for a suspension for one and not the other...
    Is he allowed to practice with the team?

  3. #23
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    2,374
    Quote Originally Posted by boblav1 View Post
    Is he allowed to practice with the team?
    I really do not know. If I was to speculate, I'd guess he is able to practice and that UNH is hopeful to get him back at the semester break. I'd be surprised to see him stay at UNH if he wasn't even able to practice. Or if he was ineligible for a full season. Would a player of his talent really punt on a full season of development??

    The other theory might be that it's not a pro-team issue at all, but a European transcript concern??

    Unfortunately UNH is so down right now that no one in the media seems to have noticed...

  4. #24
    Clark-Hislop-Cox
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,062
    Quote Originally Posted by techtodenver;672520https://pointstreak.com/news_story.html?id=5113699
    @MarkSeidel on twitter "Eric Ciccolini, the probable 2nd or 3rd round NHL Draft pick from the @OJHLJrCanadiens has de-committed from Colgate. Numerous high end school NCAA programs like Michigan, UND and UNH are in the hunt but there is plenty of OHL interest as well. GUE currently owns his rights."
    NHL Central Scouting has Ciccolini as a ‘C’ prospect - possible 4th, 5th, or 6th Round draft pick:
    https://pointstreak.com/news_story.html?id=511369

  5. #25
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Concord NH
    Posts
    50

    Re: UNH Commits & Recruiting: 2019 and Beyond

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I really do not know. If I was to speculate, I'd guess he is able to practice and that UNH is hopeful to get him back at the semester break. I'd be surprised to see him stay at UNH if he wasn't even able to practice. Or if he was ineligible for a full season. Would a player of his talent really punt on a full season of development??

    The other theory might be that it's not a pro-team issue at all, but a European transcript concern??

    Unfortunately UNH is so down right now that no one in the media seems to have noticed...
    Dastardly UNH admissions firewall.... That should have been the first thing that came to mind! Ha! It's kinda like...well...a wall...
    Shrink-The-Rink, Win a Title

  6. #26
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Thornton, NH
    Posts
    6,457
    Quote Originally Posted by techtodenver View Post
    @MarkSeidel on twitter "Eric Ciccolini, the probable 2nd or 3rd round NHL Draft pick from the @OJHLJrCanadiens has de-committed from Colgate. Numerous high end school NCAA programs like Michigan, UND and UNH are in the hunt but there is plenty of OHL interest as well. GUE currently owns his rights."
    UNH = high end school? We will take it!

  7. #27
    Au revoir and adieu, Les Expos
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Effingwoods NH
    Posts
    12,858

    Re: UNH Commits & Recruiting: 2019 and Beyond

    Quote Originally Posted by Snively65 View Post
    UNH = high end school? We will take it!
    Too bad it's not really the general perception out there, as opposed to Seidel flattering a helpful source.
    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
    Montreal Expos Forever ...

  8. #28
    Seasoned Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    NO SPIN ZONE!!! Kennebunkport, Me
    Posts
    4,243
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Murray View Post
    Too bad it's not really the general perception out there, as opposed to Seidel flattering a helpful source.
    Apparently it is though! Perception=Realty!

  9. #29
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Arlington, MA
    Posts
    10,858

    Re: UNH Commits & Recruiting: 2019 and Beyond

    Thank you Jeff.

    https://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...=1#post6692729

    NCAA Watcher posted 08-26-2018, 09:45 AM

    Giuliano needs to be on a plane to Vernon BC with a strong (full?) offer for Nick Ardanaz. The next Troy Stecher.

    https://www.vipers.bc.ca/nick-ardanaz-commits-to-vipers

  10. #30
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Once upon a time, Jax , Florida but now somewhere in the Lakes Region of NH
    Posts
    5,402

    Re: UNH Commits & Recruiting: 2019 and Beyond

    Quote Originally Posted by NCAA watcher View Post
    Thank you Jeff.

    https://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...=1#post6692729

    NCAA Watcher posted 08-26-2018, 09:45 AM
    Wow very cool!!! Welcome Nick and way to call it 'Watcher....great commit!
    Let's Go SouzaCats!

  11. #31
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Arlington, MA
    Posts
    10,858

    Re: UNH Commits & Recruiting: 2019 and Beyond


  12. #32
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    2,374
    Quote Originally Posted by NCAA watcher View Post
    Thank you Jeff.

    https://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...=1#post6692729

    NCAA Watcher posted 08-26-2018, 09:45 AM
    Seems like a real nice get. Troy Stecher was an elite college defenseman, probably among the top few in the game at his time. Ardanaz is smaller and a good skater, with offensive numbers at DHA, but that is still a lofty comp. Happy to take your word for it, but what leads you to that name?? Any particular performance or evaluation??
    Last edited by Dan; 11-20-2018 at 05:21 PM.

  13. #33
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    2,374
    Quote Originally Posted by NCAA watcher View Post
    Yes please. Goal scorers. They need a few John Evanses. I'd also take their former DHA teammate Brandon Santa Juana. And another former teammate Trey Taylor (Ty Taylor's little brother) continues to play at lot for Vernon at 16...

    ---

    In other recruiting news - JD Greenway would have been a nice D for the next couple of years, but the former Wisconsin D-man heads to Maine today...
    Last edited by Dan; 11-20-2018 at 05:55 PM.

  14. #34
    Clark-Hislop-Cox
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,062

    Re: UNH Commits & Recruiting: 2019 and Beyond

    From June 2018:
    Head scout and Assistant Coach of the Vipers, Kevin Pedersen had this to say about the commitment (to Vernon):
    “The decision to commit to Nick a year out was based on his development as a player. Nick is a gifted skater with dynamic edges and ability to control the puck. He has great vision and excels in the offensive side of the game.”

  15. #35
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Arlington, MA
    Posts
    10,858

    Re: UNH Commits & Recruiting: 2019 and Beyond

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    In other recruiting news - JD Greenway would have been a nice D for the next couple of years, but the former Wisconsin D-man heads to Maine today...
    No thanks. No need for anyone bigger than 6'2. Let's focus on skating skill and puck skills.

  16. #36
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    2,374

    Re: UNH Commits & Recruiting: 2019 and Beyond

    Quote Originally Posted by NCAA watcher View Post
    No thanks. No need for anyone bigger than 6'2. Let's focus on skating skill and puck skills.
    Height does not disqualify one from bing able to move around the ice or move the puck. Greenway is hardly a statue. At worst he gives you what Wyse gives you (a huge body with steady play and solid movement). With upside.

    https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...james-greenway

    When I look at the group of D UNH will have the next couple of years - JD would have fit in very nicely. If were talking 02's and beyond - Ill take all the 5-8 puck movers you can find in the Ian Mitchell or Troy Stecher mold if that's what they prefer. When you're last-minute shopping, you can't be as picky. If Gildon leaves this year, who replaces him in the top-4?

    Wyse-Maass
    MacKinnon - Verrier
    Bahn - McElhaney
    Hickey

    That's a group that could use another D - and a steady, older D with two years of NCAA experience who is moving pucks at a high-level in the USHL (3-8--11 in 17 GP) and has done the same at the International level would have been a great fit. He also wouldn't have clogged up future scholarship money to target elite puck moving prospects sooner rather than later. Not sure they can find much better right now, unless there's another early summer decommit...
    Last edited by Dan; 11-20-2018 at 07:31 PM.

  17. #37
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    329

    Re: UNH Commits & Recruiting: 2019 and Beyond

    Tim Stuzle looks like he will be a good one, I wonder if that recruiting battle is over or he's still mulling over the major junior route or another school?

    https://twitter.com/TPEHOCKEY/status...42313000423424

  18. #38
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Once upon a time, Jax , Florida but now somewhere in the Lakes Region of NH
    Posts
    5,402

    Re: UNH Commits & Recruiting: 2019 and Beyond

    Quote Originally Posted by techtodenver View Post
    Tim Stuzle looks like he will be a good one, I wonder if that recruiting battle is over or he's still mulling over the major junior route or another school?

    https://twitter.com/TPEHOCKEY/status...42313000423424
    Yes, indeed. UNH fans are crossing their fingers (and toes) hoping he comes to UNH. Guess we'll find out!
    Let's Go SouzaCats!

  19. #39
    Clark-Hislop-Cox
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,062

    Re: UNH Commits & Recruiting: 2019 and Beyond

    "UNH Commit Nick Ardanaz: A Quick, Agile Defenseman"
    Includes video highlights, interview, scouting reports and stats.

  20. #40
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Concord NH
    Posts
    50

    Re: UNH Commits & Recruiting: 2019 and Beyond

    So, nothing but crickets on Engarås. Didn't even come up as a topic around being shorhanded (injury madness) of late. Maybe he's actually in town and cleared, just not good enough to be on the ice.

    That said, if he's still serving his NCAA penance, and UNH is footing a scholarship, well, that's a huge waste for a team that needs all it can get. In the real world, it's a due diligence fail regardless of the reason (admissions, pro$$, whatever...) and somebody gets a spanking.

    Seems we'll need to do some discrete wire tapping to get any intel...
    Shrink-The-Rink, Win a Title

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •