UNH Commits & Recruiting: 2019 and Beyond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
    "....make a little money...."? But, then would he need to sit for a year-plus in Durham, like Engaras?
    If he doesn’t choose the USHL for next season, he’s not coming to UNH. The likely alternatives are a full season in either the CHL or the DEL (he’s not staying in the German U20 league that he just torched for 2.5+ PPG) and forgoing his eligibility...

Engaras played six games - Stutzle is looking for a full season destination.
    Live Free or Die!!
    Miami University '03

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
      "....make a little money...."? But, then would he need to sit for a year-plus in Durham, like Engaras?
      Sorry for the confusion. If Stützle follows the Seider route, he would not meet the NCAA standard for amateurism and would not be allowed to play college hockey. Last season, Seider played 29 regular season and 14 playoffs games for Adler Mannheim in the DEL, the top professional league in Germany. I can’t imagine the NCAA ever allowing a player with that resume to play college hockey.

According to Elite Prospects, Engaras played in 4 SHL games in the 2016-17 season and 2 in the 2017-18 season. The SHL is a Swedish professional league. That earned him a full season suspension from the NCAA plus another 9 games this season (currently under appeal). I assume 43 professional games in Europe would disqualify the player from the NCAA forever (though I’d love to be wrong).
      Last edited by C-H-C; 06-22-2019, 12:34 PM.
      The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

• Re: UNH Commits & Recruiting: 2019 and Beyond

Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
        Sorry for the confusion. If Stützle follows the Seider route, he would not meet the NCAA standard for amateurism and would not be allowed to play college hockey. Last season, Seider played 29 regular season and 14 playoffs games for Adler Mannheim in the DEL, the top professional league in Germany. I can’t imagine the NCAA ever allowing a player with that resume to play college hockey.

According to Elite Prospects, Engaras played in 4 SHL games in the 2016-17 season and 2 in the 2017-18 season. The SHL is a Swedish professional league. That earned him a full season suspension from the NCAA plus another 9 games this season (currently under appeal). I assume 43 professional games in Europe would disqualify the player from the NCAA forever (though I’d love to be wrong).
        Seems like a natural path (one we've been watching) for him to go to his native country OR the N. Either way, he wins. Meanwhile...in Durham...still looking for that big spark(that sticks). Guess we'll know shortly.
        I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Hockey East in the NHL Draft...

BU - 8
          BC - 5
          PC - 4
          UConn - 3
          UMass - 3
          NU - 2
          UML - 2
          —-

MC - 0
          UMO - 0
          UNH - 0
          UVM - 0
          Last edited by Dan; 06-22-2019, 04:11 PM.
          Live Free or Die!!
          Miami University '03

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
            Hockey East in the NHL Draft...

BU - 8
            BC - 5
            PC - 4
            UConn - 3
            UMass - 3
            NU - 2
            UML - 2
            —-

MC - 0
            UMO - 0
            UNH - 0
            UVM - 0
            Our usual company at the bottom; just need to stay ahead of the other three teams to earn two HEA postseason games again this coming year.

Comment

Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
              We'll probably not meet Mr. Stutzle:

With his teammate Seider going 6th overall yesterday, must be a plus for the pro/draft path.
              Gotta admit, I didn't see Yzerman making this kid his first pick upon his return to DRW.

Definitely not the safe choice, although D is certainly an area of need. Pretty ballsy pick.
              Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
              Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                Hockey East in the NHL Draft...

BU - 8
                BC - 5
                PC - 4
                UConn - 3
                UMass - 3
                NU - 2
                UML - 2
                —-

MC - 0
                UMO - 0
                UNH - 0
                UVM - 0
                BU was loaded with draft picks this past season too, and well, look where it got them.

If Stutzle DOES decide to go the USHL route this season AND become an NHL first-rounder a year from now, well then bully for us.
                UNH

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                  BU was loaded with draft picks this past season too, and well, look where it got them.
                  FWIW, BU had four players drafted a year ago. One (Tkachuk) turned pro, another only played 12 games due to injury, a third was still in prep school and Farabee was Nat'l Rookie of the Year.
                  In 2017 BU had six players drafted and all played as freshmen. Won the Hockey East tournament and was one game from a Frozen Four berth.
                  The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                    FWIW, BU had four players drafted a year ago. One (Tkachuk) turned pro, another only played 12 games due to injury, a third was still in prep school and Farabee was Nat'l Rookie of the Year.
                    In 2017 BU had six players drafted and all played as freshmen. Won the Hockey East tournament and was one game from a Frozen Four berth.
                    Fair enough.
                    UNH

Comment

Odds that Tim Stützle ever steps onto UNH campus is set at a 3% chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Lemonade View Post
                        I've always suspected it was a 0.3% chance, so I'll take the under.

Comment

Finns! We need Finns.

Comment

We need quality players. I don't give a rat's ***** where they come from.

This doesn't have to be some hokey "Model UN" PC-driven exercise. Just quality players, playing winning hockey. Is this too much to ask for?

… just channeling my inner "Grouchy UNH Fan" this morning …

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemonade View Post
                              So yer tellin me we gotta chance!
                              UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                                We need quality players. I don't give a rat's ***** where they come from.

This doesn't have to be some hokey "Model UN" PC-driven exercise. Just quality players, playing winning hockey. Is this too much to ask for?

… just channeling my inner "Grouchy UNH Fan" this morning …
                                Ditto on that. Skate, Defend, Score. Skate, Defend, Score. One more time for the cheap seats in the back Skate, Defend, Score.
                                I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Working...
                                X