UMD 2018-19 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMD 2018-19 Season Thread

MU 3 - UMD 3 in regulation with the 'Dogs winning the shoot out for the second day in a row.

I have no words except that maybe they should have been watching the AA High School final tonight for a lesson on desire.

https://umdbulldogs.com/news/2019/2/...mavericks.aspx

Comment

BU 2 - UMD 3 Final.
      Last edited by Blackbeard; 03-02-2019, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Highlights of yesterday's game.

Of note: great back hand pass by Brodt off the boards through two BSU players to feed Rogue who was moving into the high slot from the blue line.

Rogue then wires a laser beam wrist shot 3 hole past a stunned, and a seeming disbelieving, BSU goaltender.

Gorgeous pass and goal.

https://youtu.be/wJKG4D2d4zA

Comment

BU 3 - UMD 4 Final in today's game.

UMD moves on.

Comment

Highlights of today's game:

Some beautiful goals: maybe they're semi peaking at the right time.

Of note:

26 seconds in I think the ref should have gotten 2 minutes for cross checking

Nice effort by Klein on an end to end rush/breakaway to bag one.

Hughes with a beauty and tremendous focus: shoots and picks up her own rebound as she is flying through the air and rifles it home Bobby Orr style. Gorgeous.

And another off the weak foot on a 2 on 1 by a shooter I could not ID.

Nice stuff.

https://youtu.be/NQdXqNL-4K8
            Last edited by Blackbeard; 03-02-2019, 07:11 PM.

Comment

https://umdbulldogs.com/news/2019/3/...ip-roster.aspx

Comment

Here's a still photo of Hughes' phenomenal goal yesterday picking up her own rebound and driving it home while she was flying through the air...

https://umdbulldogs.com/news/2019/3/...state-4-3.aspx

The 'Dogs overcame a 2 goal deficit early in yesterday's game and with the way they played this weekend scoring a decent number of goals with authority and like they meant it...like they were serious (again), and with the way that they can skate with anyone in the country, (if and when they think it's important enough), added to the fact that they have nothing to lose...this shot in the Bulldog arm on several fronts would appear to provide ample reason for UM fans to be rather uncomfortable throughout this coming week.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
                  Here's a still photo of Hughes' phenomenal goal yesterday picking up her own rebound and driving it home while she was flying through the air...

https://umdbulldogs.com/news/2019/3/...state-4-3.aspx

The 'Dogs overcame a 2 goal deficit early in yesterday's game and with the way they played this weekend scoring a decent number of goals with authority and like they meant it...like they were serious (again), and with the way that they can skate with anyone in the country, (if and when they think it's important enough), added to the fact that they have nothing to lose...this shot in the Bulldog arm on several fronts would appear to provide ample reason for UM fans to be rather uncomfortable throughout this coming week.
                  Gopher fans have seen a different UMD team than Badger fans have seen. And we have seen it plenty already, even before next Saturday at two. We know what the Bulldogs can do.

But I'll be there, hoping for the best

Comment

...this shot in the Bulldog arm on several fronts would appear to provide ample reason for UM fans to be rather uncomfortable throughout this coming week.
                    I'm not going to worry too much about UMD's arm. From this point on, we're going to play nothing but good teams. If we play well enough, we can win. If we don't, we won't. My discomfort wouldn't change that.
                    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Who will show up at Ridder tomorrow...Dr. Jekyll or Mr. Hyde?

Comment

Who will show up at Ridder tomorrow...Dr. Jekyll or Mr. Hyde?
                        I'm hoping for Carol Danvers in net for UMD.

Oh, and that she forgets the magic word that won her a gold medal in the Olympics.
                        "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

UM 4 - UMD 1 final.

SOG 44 - 9...that's embarrassing...3 shots on goal per period average.

Post game interview...(acoustics are terrible):

https://umdbulldogs.com/news/2019/3/...final-4-1.aspx

Comment

UM 4 - UMD 1 final.

SOG 44 - 9...that's embarrassing...3 shots on goal per period average.

Post game interview...(acoustics are terrible):

https://umdbulldogs.com/news/2019/3/...final-4-1.aspx
                            The future looks good for this team. I like the direction this team is going under Crowell.
                            At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                              The future looks good for this team. I like the direction this team is going under Crowell.
                              They need two or three more players who can score consistently (with leadership that can motivate them to perform at a high level every time they step on the ice). There are not enough of them on this team.
                              I have started to conclude that it was a coaching failure that caused this team (that has shown that it has the ability to perform at a high level) to perform so poorly so often this season. Kind of like a train wreck of the Bullet.

To dull the disappointment I watched the last half of the MN Boys High School Championship Game...Eden Prairie vs. Edina...Great game.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                                Like so many other middling teams, they need more quality depth to go with their bona fide top-end players. With such a wide range in talent they are much easier to defend.
                                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X