UMD 2018-19 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMD 2018-19 Season Thread

UM takes Game 2 of this weekend's series for a split with UMD...

https://umdbulldogs.com/news/2019/2/...minnesota.aspx

Comment

UMD 4 - SCSU 2 final.

Some interesting stats here but they don't feed the bulldog...no pun intended.

https://umdbulldogs.com/news/2019/2/...at-amsoil.aspx

Highlights of tonight's game...Notably, Norton had 3 shots in a row, one near the point, then at the top of the face off circle as she collected the rebound off of a defender as she skated in and then lower in the face off circle as she collected the rebound off of the SCSU goaltender after having skated in further which shot she finally bagged. And Houston on a solo effort scored a really fluky goal with the help of some really terrible goaltending...

https://youtu.be/A1Axed32YyQ

Comment

SCSU 3- UMD 2

Well, UMD appears determined to maintain their .500 status all the way to the wire.

Although the selected/censored highlights would have one think that the 'Dogs won 2-0.

I think that is classless...give credit where credit is due.

https://youtu.be/rckz2HTaRzA

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
          SCSU 3- UMD 2

Well, UMD appears determined to maintain their .500 status all the way to the wire.

Although the selected/censored highlights would have one think that the 'Dogs won 2-0.

I think that is classless...give credit where credit is due.

https://youtu.be/rckz2HTaRzA
          We all know it's not a good marketing plan to show your own team's "failings." I won't bother checking in for any UW video next weekend then LOL. I considered coming up for a game(s) this weekend, just too much going on with a birthday and a musky show that are must attends.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I always wondered why UMD fired their very successful
            women’s hockey coach. Looks like she got some restitution.

https://wkow.com/news/national-news-...ward-now-4-2m/
            WISCONSIN HOCKEY: I invoke the power of sauerbraten FF-2006 Milwaukee!

Comment

• Originally posted by fritz View Post
              I always wondered why UMD fired their very successful
              women’s hockey coach. Looks like she got some restitution.

https://wkow.com/news/national-news-...ward-now-4-2m/
              Um, I think it was because they didn't like her on a personal level.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                Um, I think it was because they didn't like her on a personal level.
                PC police are out again. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                  We all know it's not a good marketing plan to show your own team's "failings."
                  I get it but I don't agree with it.

They could at least call them the "UMD Highlights of the Game". Then it wouldn't be disingenuous...but I still think it would be classless.

Comment

Diggers discipline the 'Dogs 6-1 today.

This leaves one with great optimism for tomorrow's game and the chances off UMD's winning since they are now one game below .500 and the natural tendency in nature is reversion to the mean.

As I've been saying, it would appear that Rooney has, regrettably, lost her Olympic mojo and even her season before the Olympics mojo. She got the hook at the end of the 2nd after allowing 4 goals on 27 shots (ie: 85.18 save percentage) which is the extreme low end for D1 but not acceptable D1 play by any means. Soderberg filled in for the last period but allowed 2 on 11 shots which is even worse, although, yes, it is a small sampling.

It's one day at a time for what has devolved into a schizophrenic team. Looking at the bright side...to quote Ian Hunter "you're never alone with a schizophrenic". So, maybe there's hope for next year but some positive consistency in the next few weeks would be encouraging.

The coaching staff needs to get their heads together to effectively address this. This is beyond embarrassing.

OK. Tomorrow. Reversion to the mean.

Comment

Diggers discipline the 'Dogs 6-1 today.

This leaves one with great optimism for tomorrow's game and the chances off UMD's winning since they are now one game below .500 and the natural tendency in nature is reversion to the mean.

As I've been saying, it would appear that Rooney has, regrettably, lost her Olympic mojo and even her season before the Olympics mojo. She got the hook at the end of the 2nd after allowing 4 goals on 27 shots (ie: 85.18 save percentage) which is the extreme low end for D1 but not acceptable D1 play by any means. Soderberg filled in for the last period but allowed 2 on 11 shots which is even worse, although, yes, it is a small sampling.

It's one day at a time for what has devolved into a schizophrenic team. Looking at the bright side...to quote Ian Hunter "you're never alone with a schizophrenic". So, maybe there's hope for next year but some positive consistency in the next few weeks would be encouraging.

The coaching staff needs to get their heads together to effectively address this. This is beyond embarrassing.

OK. Tomorrow. Reversion to the mean.
                      If only they could muster the same effort they put forth against Minnesota on a consistent basis...
                      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

UW 3 - UMD 0 final.

So much for the reversion to the mean dynamic making itself know today.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                          We all know it's not a good marketing plan to show your own team's "failings." I won't bother checking in for any UW video next weekend then LOL.
                          Well, it looks like they showed one of UW's goals...if it was a goal...looked like it but it happened really fast with a nice one timer close in.

https://youtu.be/IqLB69OayPE

Comment

Well, it looks like they showed one of UW's goals...if it was a goal...looked like it but it happened really fast with a nice one timer close in.
                            Yes, it was a goal. the one that made it 3-0. Sam Cogan tried to shoot off the pass, mis-hit the puck such that it sort of fluttered up and over Rooney and into the net. Lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                              Yes, it was a goal. the one that made it 3-0. Sam Cogan tried to shoot off the pass, mis-hit the puck such that it sort of fluttered up and over Rooney and into the net. Lucky.
                              MJ loves to talk about puck luck.

Comment

MSU 5 - UMD 5 in regulation with the 'Dogs winning the shoot out.

A dismal performance on paper. Another lost opportunity to at least prove something to themselves.

UMD allowed MSU to increase its year to date conference goal total by over 15% in tonight's game. In one game. While it "held" UW to an average of 4.5 goals per game in last weekend's series. (Shakes his head).

And Rooney clocked in at around an 83 SV%.

https://umdbulldogs.com/news/2019/2/...ota-state.aspx

On second thought...maybe they did prove something to themselves.
                                Last edited by Blackbeard; 02-23-2019, 12:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X