Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 61 to 78 of 78

Thread: WCHA Pick 'Em 2018-2019

  1. #61
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Too far from Houghton to be at the Mac for every game
    Posts
    477

    Re: WCHA Pick 'Em 2018-2019

    Quote Originally Posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
    Can't help with the Catamount or Desert Classic, but I can tell you that both the consolation and championship game at the GLI will be settled by shootout if need be. They scheduled the second day as part of a tripleheader with the Red Wings that night, so the championship game can't go with unlimited overtime as has been the custom. The consolation game went to the shootout option a couple years ago, so there will be no tie.
    JJM, what about the semi-finals?

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  2. #62
    Roll along you BG Warriors!
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    OH
    Posts
    486

    Re: WCHA Pick 'Em 2018-2019

    Quote Originally Posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
    Can't help with the Catamount or Desert Classic, but I can tell you that both the consolation and championship game at the GLI will be settled by shootout if need be. They scheduled the second day as part of a tripleheader with the Red Wings that night, so the championship game can't go with unlimited overtime as has been the custom. The consolation game went to the shootout option a couple years ago, so there will be no tie.
    Thanks for the help, GLI will follow standard "post-OT" scoring (2 pts for a SO win, 1 pt for a SO loss).

  3. #63
    Coach Emeritus
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Demanding two wins in the 2019 Winter Carnival
    Posts
    2,810
    Quote Originally Posted by MTUHuskies View Post
    JJM, what about the semi-finals?

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Need to check the manual to confirm, but I believe they will use the shootout in the semis as well.

  4. #64
    Roll along you BG Warriors!
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    OH
    Posts
    486

    Re: WCHA Pick 'Em 2018-2019

    The chart below shows how many times a team has been picked to win through the first half of the season.

    Frequency of each team picked to win

  5. #65
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    78

    Re: WCHA Pick 'Em 2018-2019

    Quote Originally Posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
    Thanks for the help, GLI will follow standard "post-OT" scoring (2 pts for a SO win, 1 pt for a SO loss).
    What impact would those points have? It's a tournament. Either you advance/win or you don't. If there's still a tie after one OT then NCAA recognizes it as a tie no matter what happens.

  6. #66
    Roll along you BG Warriors!
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    OH
    Posts
    486
    Quote Originally Posted by Go___Tech_Gold View Post
    What impact would those points have? It's a tournament. Either you advance/win or you don't. If there's still a tie after one OT then NCAA recognizes it as a tie no matter what happens.
    Let me put it to you this way...at this time of year I pray every game has a winner before 65 min are up.

  7. #67
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    78

    Re: WCHA Pick 'Em 2018-2019

    Quote Originally Posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
    Let me put it to you this way...at this time of year I pray every game has a winner before 65 min are up.
    Oh, right. Still it's not about points it's about it going to a shootout if necessary. Win with 3 points, win with 2 points, same result.

  8. #68
    Coach Emeritus
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Demanding two wins in the 2019 Winter Carnival
    Posts
    2,810

    Re: WCHA Pick 'Em 2018-2019

    Just got through reading the manual for the GLI. The consolation game has been changed due to time constraints, and can now end in a tie. All three other games will end in a shootout if necessary.

  9. #69
    Roll along you BG Warriors!
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    OH
    Posts
    486

    Re: WCHA Pick 'Em 2018-2019

    Quote Originally Posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
    Just got through reading the manual for the GLI. The consolation game has been changed due to time constraints, and can now end in a tie. All three other games will end in a shootout if necessary.
    Thanks for the update JJM. If anyone wants to play for the tie go ahead and submit a second entry. I always take the latest submission as your final answer.

  10. #70
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Too far from Houghton to be at the Mac for every game
    Posts
    477

    Re: WCHA Pick 'Em 2018-2019

    Why can't I ever find a link to make picks? You all must be afraid of my prognostication skills!

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  11. #71
    Roll along you BG Warriors!
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    OH
    Posts
    486

    Re: WCHA Pick 'Em 2018-2019

    Quote Originally Posted by MTUHuskies View Post
    Why can't I ever find a link to make picks? You all must be afraid of my prognostication skills!

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Repost of the links. I have not been able to figure out how to get them to work with Tapatalk so you may have to use Chrome or Safari. Or IE.


    Week 12 picks
    View response summaries
    View response details

  12. #72
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Too far from Houghton to be at the Mac for every game
    Posts
    477

    Re: WCHA Pick 'Em 2018-2019

    Quote Originally Posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
    Repost of the links. I have not been able to figure out how to get them to work with Tapatalk so you may have to use Chrome or Safari. Or IE.


    Week 12 picks
    View response summaries
    View response details
    Gotcha. Thanks.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  13. #73
    Roll along you BG Warriors!
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    OH
    Posts
    486

    Re: WCHA Pick 'Em 2018-2019

    Week 13 is up even though it's still holiday tournament time. League games start up on Thursday of this week so I want to give everyone as much time as possible to submit picks. Week 12 results will be posted at the conclusion of the GLI.

    Week 13 picks
    View response summaries
    View response details

  14. #74
    Roll along you BG Warriors!
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    OH
    Posts
    486

    Re: WCHA Pick 'Em 2018-2019

    The week 12 holiday tournament co-winners were Critical Thinker and Icd80 who posted scores of 27 points each. At the top of the standings it is rapidly becoming a two-person race for the McNaughton Cup between Bronco Hockey Fan and SweeneyHawksHockey and a three-person race for the Mason Cup between those two and GIWAN. I also want to point out how mikeeddy19 has steadily worked into a playoff position after spotting the field nearly 30 games.

    Reminder that the first Bemidji at BG tee time is 7:37 this Thursday so get those picks in.

    Week 13 picks
    View response summaries
    View response details

    WCHA Pick Em Standings

  15. #75
    Roll along you BG Warriors!
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    OH
    Posts
    486

    Re: WCHA Pick 'Em 2018-2019

    Bump. With the race on to get picks submitted before Thursday's resumption of the WCHA season, this seems as good a time as any to share a heat map showing what days our players prefer to submit their picks. The darker the green, the more times picks were submitted on that day.

    Week 13 picks
    View response summaries
    View response details

    WCHA Pick Em day-of-week heat map

  16. #76
    Roll along you BG Warriors!
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    OH
    Posts
    486

    Re: WCHA Pick 'Em 2018-2019

    The winner of week 13 was TalonsUpPuckDown with a score of 27. With 8 weeks left in the season there are still 270 points up for grabs including 60 bonus points.

    Ten games on the schedule for week 14.

    Week 14 picks
    View response summaries
    View response details


  17. #77
    Roll along you BG Warriors!
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    OH
    Posts
    486

    Re: WCHA Pick 'Em 2018-2019

    Note: I just noticed that for last week Beaver Hockey Fan in NH, giwan, and Mavsfan19 posted entries prior to the Friday games. These scores will be included in the results I post on Sunday. Sorry I didn't catch that sooner. Good news is it did not affect the weekly winner.

  18. #78
    Roll along you BG Warriors!
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    OH
    Posts
    486

    Re: WCHA Pick 'Em 2018-2019

    MTUHuskyGold won week 14 with a score of 26 missing only Alaska's upset of Bemidji Saturday night. The top of the standings shuffled again as SweeneyHawksHockey retakes the lead with a big 25 point week.

    Two 5-point bonus questions for week 15. It's a little different so feel free to post your questions.

    There are seven weeks left in the regular season. Playoff info will be coming next week.


    Week 15 picks
    View response summaries
    View response details

    WCHA Pick Em Standings

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •