Colgate 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sshablak View Post
    Colskate, how old is your computer, power etc, I think you're in the country, who's your internet provider ?
    Have satellite dish, Hughes.net. Computer is fairly new, Lenovo. Today I was able to register again, I think successfully. Will test it out on Dartmouth-Princeton football game this PM, then try tuning in the hockey game tonite. Thanks fir your concern.
    COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

• SH goals are killers.
      COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

• Re: Colgate 2018-19

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
        Is anyone else having trouble with this ESPN+ thing? I couldn't get on, then my password was not accepted, asked for another password, got a code # to let me back on, so I could make up another password, then went back to the 'Gate website to click "watch" and got the same window showing the Gate and Brown colors/logos....but no picture..none....NONE! Meantime I'm missing the whole game. Who ever thought up this cockeyed idea? Hruuump! Anyone else having trouble??
        For Cornell games, four or five times during the game, the video turns into a card: "We are unable to provide this game at this time. Please check later." If I reboot ESPN+ after a bit I get the game video again. Annoying.
        . . . still crazy after all these years. . .

Comment

Yale 14, Colgate 4, Shots On Goal, after one.
          Yale 3, Colgate 0, Score, after one.
          2 PPG. Mitch Benson in goal.

Comment

Yale 25, Colgate 18, Shots On Goal, after two.
            Yale 4, Colgate 1, Score, after two.
            Five-Minute Major against Yale’s 6’4” Luke Stevens.
            Separately, Five-Minute Major against Colgate’s Rory McGuire.

Comment

Yale 38, Colgate 27, Shots On Goal, Final.
              Yale 4, Colgate 2, Final Score.

Comment

not much to say (apparently)...same old story...the kids give their all, but Yale is quicker/faster, can forecheck and be aggressive on the penalty kill...4 victories in our last 33 games against Cornell, 4 in our last 19 against Yale (yes, a few ties re: both)...someone has to take ownership here...barely over 1000 at our new and lovely rink...and I can see on this thread signs of resignation (and why not?)...

Comment

We gave up a shorthanded goal on Friday. It cost us a point and a win. Speaking of points, if we still had Colton Point, we probably would have won Friday's game.

After the 2-0 start, I'm starting to have second thoughts about the outcome of this season...
                  Colgate '09

Comment

• Originally posted by Rainman View Post
                    Speaking of points, if we still had Colton Point, we probably would have won Friday's game.
                    Goaltending is NOT the issue. We don’t have the offensive talent to compete at the D-1 level. It shouldn’t be that much to ask to score more than 2 goals a game.

Comment

Magoo, for me, is the voice of reason. He said it early on, that goaltending would not be the issue. I hope the coaching staff can figure it out given the talent on the team. I am always hopeful. Go Gate!

Comment

Originally posted by CU13 View Post
                        Magoo, for me, is the voice of reason. He said it early on, that goaltending would not be the issue. I hope the coaching staff can figure it out given the talent on the team. I am always hopeful. Go Gate!
                        Magoo posted? Uh oh, Colgate's gonna start getting some W's...

Comment

MAGOO IS BACK! I need you...Colgate hockey needs you...now, let's get GoGate and Marmot coming on board...simply for dispassionate analysis, despite our "passionate" love of MIH...mind you: this is not a young team with a bunch of freshmen getting their legs under them...as bad as the scoring is (and it's awful) we need Snodgrass, Cockrell and Racine back, in part because our depth at forward is, to be it nicely, questionable...let me repeat again, the current kids on the roster DO NOT QUIT...we are being outrecruited virtually year-after-year which leads to the eternal question: what's the definition of insanity? Terrible attendance and church-like noice at The '65 will not change until this changes. As much as I would like to criticize our "snowflakes" and their no-shows at the rink, it's hard to generate excitement when two goals appears to be the upper band of our offense...

Comment

I don't think losing our chief recruiter before the season started is going to help us.
                            It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

would agree Shabby...I know UMass-Lowell has had a quality program for the last six or seven years, but I would've felt better if he had left to go to a Michigan, a Minnesota, a BC or a BU...maybe the pay was tangibly higher/maybe family issues intervened...Dexter left to join Fogarty with good results for both of them...and Princeton has certainly dipped into the "Ontario pool" in recent years...

Comment

Fogarty turned Adrean into a D-3 powerhouse, now look at Princeton. Steve Spott is behind the bench as an assistant with the Sharks.
                                It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Working...
                                X