Colgate 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2018-19

seems like the MIH "Silver Linings Playbook" is out early this year...let's call the last three games as they are: unacceptable, move on and get two wins this weekend...and this is not a young team BTW...lots of juniors around who have played 80+ games...please score some goals...

Comment

Didn't watch any of the last 3 games, we lose all three by a combined 16-2. This is clearly my fault, and I'll have to make sure I get in front of the computer for Friday
      ECAC Champions: 1990
      NCAA Frozen Four: 1990
      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 1990 2004 2006
      ECAC Final Four: 1981 1990 1995 2000 2004 2005 2006 2008 2011 2012 2014 2015
      NCAA Tournament: 1981 1990 2000 2005 2014
      Let's Go 'Gate!

Comment

Some good news, two new recruits, brothers.

Colton Young Canmore Eagles AJHL 6-1 170# 13 GP 10 goals 13 assists 23 points, leading scorer on team, 2019 commit.

Alex Young Canmore Eagles AJHL 5-10 160# 16 GP 10 goals 9 assists 19 points, third leading scorer, 17 yrs old. Last year as a 16 yr old had 60GP 21 goals and 29 assists 50 points 2020 commit
        Tremendous numbers for a 16 yr old, upside potential off the charts.

Look like very promising forwards, made my morning.
        Last edited by sshablak; 10-31-2018, 08:13 AM.
        It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

would agree and has lifted my hopes as well...we really need kids who simply have a knack for scoring...

Comment

We need about five or six more for next year.

Comment

I assume Colton and Alex are brothers?
              COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Yes, see post #108 here.

Comment

I find it very interesting that Yale has twenty one players from the USHL and Brown eleven. Let's get at least a split this weekend.

Comment

Colgate was very, very late in availing ourselves of the talent in the USHL...and even now, the # of USHL grads on our roster is well below the average of the typical DI team...I will say this: Yale almost INSISTS that any of their kids coming into the program from the US spent at least one year (and usually two) in the USHL...11 grads is about average...21 is not...

Comment

Is anyone else having trouble with this ESPN+ thing? I couldn't get on, then my password was not accepted, asked for another password, got a code # to let me back on, so I could make up another password, then went back to the 'Gate website to click "watch" and got the same window showing the Gate and Brown colors/logos....but no picture..none....NONE! Meantime I'm missing the whole game. Who ever thought up this cockeyed idea? Hruuump! Anyone else having trouble??
                      COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

expect McMann to be essentially double teamed the rest of the year...save for his effort all over the ice we look a little slow and frankly sloppy...lots of improvement needed...

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
                          Is anyone else having trouble with this ESPN+ thing? I couldn't get on, then my password was not accepted, asked for another password, got a code # to let me back on, so I could make up another password, then went back to the 'Gate website to click "watch" and got the same window showing the Gate and Brown colors/logos....but no picture..none....NONE! Meantime I'm missing the whole game. Who ever thought up this cockeyed idea? Hruuump! Anyone else having trouble??
                          ESPN minus is a joke on the Clarkson games especially for the women's games at home. Broadcast never seems to start on time, can be anywhere from a couple of minutes into the game to not until the first period is almost over.
                          Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                          And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                          WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                          If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Comes in perfect high quality HD for me. Audio could be better, you could hear the rink sounds too loud over Gate Radio's voice. More of the same team, first period was hard to watch, turned it off. Checked back in third period, the play was a little better, we had the better chances. I guess a tie was fitting, Brown's shorty was the lowpoint that almost doomed us.

Comment

Colskate, how old is your computer, power etc, I think you're in the country, who's your internet provider ?

Comment

Unassisted short-handed goal-against with six seconds left in the period.
                                No SOG on second PP.
                                Offsides when with the man-advantage.
                                Final score... Bobby McMann 2, Brown 2.
                                Still, goalie Benson made some very good saves.
                                SOG... Colgate 32, Brown 27.
                                Go ‘Gate.
                                Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 11-03-2018, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X