Page 7 of 44 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Colgate 2018-19

Signer of '65 Arena first beam.
    Quote Originally Posted by sshablak View Post
    Colskate, how old is your computer, power etc, I think you're in the country, who's your internet provider ?
    Have satellite dish, Hughes.net. Computer is fairly new, Lenovo. Today I was able to register again, I think successfully. Will test it out on Dartmouth-Princeton football game this PM, then try tuning in the hockey game tonite. Thanks fir your concern.

Signer of '65 Arena first beam.
    SH goals are killers.

Re: Colgate 2018-19

Quote Originally Posted by ColSkate65 View Post
    Is anyone else having trouble with this ESPN+ thing? I couldn't get on, then my password was not accepted, asked for another password, got a code # to let me back on, so I could make up another password, then went back to the 'Gate website to click "watch" and got the same window showing the Gate and Brown colors/logos....but no picture..none....NONE! Meantime I'm missing the whole game. Who ever thought up this cockeyed idea? Hruuump! Anyone else having trouble??
    For Cornell games, four or five times during the game, the video turns into a card: "We are unable to provide this game at this time. Please check later." If I reboot ESPN+ after a bit I get the game video again. Annoying.
    . . . still crazy after all these years. . .

Yale 14, Colgate 4, Shots On Goal, after one.
    Yale 3, Colgate 0, Score, after one.
    2 PPG. Mitch Benson in goal.

Yale 25, Colgate 18, Shots On Goal, after two.
    Yale 4, Colgate 1, Score, after two.
    Five-Minute Major against Yale’s 6’4” Luke Stevens.
    Separately, Five-Minute Major against Colgate’s Rory McGuire.

Yale 38, Colgate 27, Shots On Goal, Final.
    Yale 4, Colgate 2, Final Score.

not much to say (apparently)...same old story...the kids give their all, but Yale is quicker/faster, can forecheck and be aggressive on the penalty kill...4 victories in our last 33 games against Cornell, 4 in our last 19 against Yale (yes, a few ties re: both)...someone has to take ownership here...barely over 1000 at our new and lovely rink...and I can see on this thread signs of resignation (and why not?)...

Raider Fan

We gave up a shorthanded goal on Friday. It cost us a point and a win. Speaking of points, if we still had Colton Point, we probably would have won Friday's game.

After the 2-0 start, I'm starting to have second thoughts about the outcome of this season...
    Colgate '09

Boston Red Sox - 2018 World Series Champions!!!!
    New England Patriots - 2019 Super Bowl Champions!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman View Post
    Speaking of points, if we still had Colton Point, we probably would have won Friday's game.
    Goaltending is NOT the issue. We don’t have the offensive talent to compete at the D-1 level. It shouldn’t be that much to ask to score more than 2 goals a game.

Magoo, for me, is the voice of reason. He said it early on, that goaltending would not be the issue. I hope the coaching staff can figure it out given the talent on the team. I am always hopeful. Go Gate!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CU13 View Post
    Magoo, for me, is the voice of reason. He said it early on, that goaltending would not be the issue. I hope the coaching staff can figure it out given the talent on the team. I am always hopeful. Go Gate!
    Magoo posted? Uh oh, Colgate's gonna start getting some W's...

MAGOO IS BACK! I need you...Colgate hockey needs you...now, let's get GoGate and Marmot coming on board...simply for dispassionate analysis, despite our "passionate" love of MIH...mind you: this is not a young team with a bunch of freshmen getting their legs under them...as bad as the scoring is (and it's awful) we need Snodgrass, Cockrell and Racine back, in part because our depth at forward is, to be it nicely, questionable...let me repeat again, the current kids on the roster DO NOT QUIT...we are being outrecruited virtually year-after-year which leads to the eternal question: what's the definition of insanity? Terrible attendance and church-like noice at The '65 will not change until this changes. As much as I would like to criticize our "snowflakes" and their no-shows at the rink, it's hard to generate excitement when two goals appears to be the upper band of our offense...

Here every day

I don't think losing our chief recruiter before the season started is going to help us.
    It all starts with the goaltending.

would agree Shabby...I know UMass-Lowell has had a quality program for the last six or seven years, but I would've felt better if he had left to go to a Michigan, a Minnesota, a BC or a BU...maybe the pay was tangibly higher/maybe family issues intervened...Dexter left to join Fogarty with good results for both of them...and Princeton has certainly dipped into the "Ontario pool" in recent years...

Here every day

Fogarty turned Adrean into a D-3 powerhouse, now look at Princeton. Steve Spott is behind the bench as an assistant with the Sharks.

and Jesse Winchester having great success as well...

Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Magoo posted? Uh oh, Colgate's gonna start getting some W's...
    If that’s all it takes...

If we can somehow get a win vs tOSU I’ll gladly take the credit 😁. But it might require a shutout.

Here every day

Yikes !

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Magoo View Post
    If that’s all it takes...

If we can somehow get a win vs tOSU I’ll gladly take the credit ��. But it might require a shutout.
    Considering what happened in 2010-11 when you waited until January to post...

But hey, if a team with single digit wins could pull a split the hard way vs. them last year, you've got every chance to make it work. Contain as best you can.

Here every day

OK I'm amazed, you remember a post from 2011 ? Naa

Thread Information