Colgate 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2018-19

Magoo, they're too busy admiring themselves on the social media vehicle of choice...the concepts of support and loyalty are foreign to many, if not most, of them...we have a nation of "Good Little Germans"...ironic since the whole point of a liberal arts education is to question, question, question...and I don't blame our administration (it's better than most of our peer group)...the faculty are active participants and across the nation we are creating a nation of progressive robots...AOC comes to mind...sorry for being political, but let's be honest...

Comment

If that’s the case then could the lack of an atmosphere at our home games be hurting recruiting? I mean if a recruit sees a game in our building and then goes to Lynah Rink the next night we’re sunk. There are other factors involved I know but the lack of electricity in our building can’t help.
      Last edited by Magoo; 02-27-2019, 05:42 PM.

Comment

totally agree...it's become a self-fulfilling prophecy...and too bad, because it's a great building...but, to repeat, the blame is on the program as much as anything...and 1.5 goals/game doesn't help bring in the average spectator...as usual, there is a lot of blame to go around...and you can't force students to go...I will say Meehan is worse than we are, but that's a very, very low bar, something we've become comfortable with...apparently...

Comment

We have to take care of our business (in one of our favorite places to play Cheel ([although a tough team] and a house of horrors at Appleton [against a weak team] then a lot of scoreboard watching. Hopefully we can pull off the home series.

Comment

Originally posted by red133883 View Post
            We have to take care of our business (in one of our favorite places to play Cheel ([although a tough team] and a house of horrors at Appleton [against a weak team] then a lot of scoreboard watching. Hopefully we can pull off the home series.
            Good news for you guys tonight - Clarkson is 0-4-1 the last 5 Friday nights
            Not a real doctor, nor do I play one on TV!
            Clarkson 1990

Comment

Clarkson 10, Colgate 5, SOG after one.
              Colgate 0, Clarkson 0, score after one.
              Usual deal... Mitch Benson keeping us in it.

Comment

Clarkson 22, Colgate 13, SOG after two.
                Colgate 1, Clarkson 0, score after two.
                Penalty kill unit has looked good tonight.
                Gonna do a lot of dumpin-da-puck in the third.

Comment

Clarkson 3, Colgate 2, final score.
                  Very good hockey game; as usual, we didn’t give up.
                  Clarkson (Nico Sturm) scored on penalty shot (their second goal).

Comment

I thought the team played well. Did not see the penalty shot penalty. Nonetheless, if Union loses to Harvard and we beat SLU tomorrow night, we host next weekend. Go 'Gate!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CU13 View Post
                      I thought the team played well. Did not see the penalty shot penalty. Nonetheless, if Union loses to Harvard and we beat SLU tomorrow night, we host next weekend. Go 'Gate!!!
                      Union won; you can't go higher than 9th. And given who you're playing, you'll probably end up in 9th.

Comment

Mitch Benson again in goal for the final game of the regular season.

Comment

I think SOG after one was... Colgate 10, Saint Lawrence 8.
                          Saint Lawrence 3, Colgate 0, score after one.
                          Mitch Benson pulled in favor of Andrew Farrier after third goal.
                          Mitch was obviously not happy, but he had no defense in front of him. Their breakaway goal must have reminded him of last night’s penalty shot.
                          The team is not giving up, though.

Comment

well it's almost over, Thank God...actually one can make a strong case we've actually overachieved this year...if you run some hockey-like Sabremetrics to the season (one-goal wins, overtime record, goals for/goals against) our record could easily be 7-23-3 (not including our probable loss tonight)...the ONE thing you'd like to see out of your team is to come out prepared to play...feel for Benson tonight...he probably sees pucks in his sleep...the effort by these boys is there...the commitment and effort to elevate team skill/speed evidently is not...one of our de-commits (Scanlin going to Univ Nebraska - Omaha) is averaging over a point/game as a defenseman for the Brooks Bandits...disappointment, depression, even perhaps resignation...it's been a long 13 years...

Comment

Got to talking to friends of Andrew Farrier who came down from Montreal to see Colgate.
                              SLU 4-1 after two.
                              Saint Lawrence 5-2, final score.

Comment

60 DI men's hockey teams...scoring goals/game? 59th; power play percentage? 57th; penalty kill percentage? 60th...it is, in fact, a minor miracle to reach 10 wins and 3 ties...that's where we are boys and girls...

Comment

Working...
                                X