Colgate 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2018-19

Thanks ColSkate. Good luck to you guys (starting next week, of course!).
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
      I can't even tell you how many DECADES ago I missed a Cornell at home game, very sad. Noone's excited, no banter here, I don't think the game will sellout tonight either.
      I saw the ticket manager at the Women's game today and he said he only had @ 300 tickets left. IMO, regardless of the team's record to date, a true fan does not miss the Cornell game. GO 'GATE!!

Comment

Mitch Benson led the troops on the ice again tonight for pre-game warm-up.
        Big Red fans have traveled well and there is a sense of excitement in the arena that isn’t normally felt.

Comment

Cornell 9, Colgate 6, SOG after one.
          Cornell 2, Colgate 0, score after one.
          One trickled by Mitch, and one was rifled by him.

Comment

Cornell 21, Colgate 11, SOG after two.
            Cornell 2, Colgate 1, score after two.
            All we can seem to do is to dump it into their end, but we did get one past Galajda.

Comment

Cornell 23, Colgate 20, final SOG.
              Cornell 3, Colgate 2, final score.
              Very entertaining game against one of ECAC’s best.
              Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 01-25-2019, 08:38 PM.

Comment

This is just depressing; it’s like a slog to the end.

Comment

And once again, no post-game comments from our coach. But honestly, at this point what can he say?

You gotta love the Cornell coach saying he was “pretty disappointed” with his team’s effort . . . after a win against us. That’s where the program is right now. Can’t see it being much worse than this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marmot View Post
                    And once again, no post-game comments from our coach. But honestly, at this point what can he say?

You gotta love the Cornell coach saying he was “pretty disappointed” with his team’s effort . . . after a win against us. That’s where the program is right now. Can’t see it being much worse than this.
                    It was a greatly entertaining game, and I thought Colgate played an effective game and when they got the puck in the Cornell zone gave Cornell some real trouble. McMahon is one of the better players I’ve watched this year, and it’s hard to see why the team doesn’t score more.

I know it’s been rough for you guys, and it’s sort of the flip side of watching Cornell football flail against Colgate.

Comment

I was happily surprised about how the team played last night. Will be at the game tonight and for the first time not in section “o”. I am much more excited for tonight’s game after that performance than I was for last night’s game (still a non miss game, but didn’t expect much). At 2-0 I thought the game was over but they battled back and for one of the few times this season were able to excite the home crowd.

Comment

Yes the team deserves credit for coming back to tie the game. But to lose all 5 of these home games is extremely disappointing. Even with as bad a season as we’re having we should win some games at home. I wasn’t expecting to win all 5 but how about 2?

I’m with you, Marmot. Let’s get this over with ASAP. But how much better will next year be?

Comment

Once my persistent troubles with ESPN+ were done with I tuned into the game about 8 minutes into the second period. I agree with Scoop85; I thought we battled back after being down 2-zip, and played a pretty even game, getting the puck into the Cornell zone and having some good chances. Trouble was the Big Red collapsed into a "prevent defense" and it was difficult to get the puck through bodies. As a previous Cornell poster related, it's a "bend but don't break" kind of defense. Seems like we've seen that a lot lately. Have to give our guys credit: they fought hard and never gave up, and had a good shot at winning until that final blow. Let's hope we can go into Lynah with the same energy and pull off a huge upset.
                          COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Mitch Benson in goal again tonight.

Comment

Cornell scored two minutes into first period.
                              Colgate scored five seconds to go in period.
                              Colgate 1, Cornell 1, after one.

Comment

Colgate scored fifteen seconds into second.
                                Colgate 2, Cornell 1, score after two.
                                Cornell 10, Colgate 9, SOG after one.
                                Cornell 27, Colgate 14, SOG after two.
                                Mitch Benson is Outstanding.

Comment

Working...
                                X