Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2018-19

Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
    Does everyone already get these or see these?
    Or should I keep posting them here?
    Or maybe put a link to the article that also exists on gocolgateraiders.com .

Here's the one you just posted: https://gocolgateraiders.com/news/20...spx?path=mhock
    And here's the one from the Union game: https://gocolgateraiders.com/news/20...ns-hockey.aspx

Comment

Okay, this post is just for me, trying to get to know you all better...
      For those that are Colgate fans, first and foremost...
      What is your first name?
      What is your hometown?
      Are you a current season ticket-holder?
      And in what seasons have you seen 3+ ‘Gate games (home or away)?
      I will start...

Tom
      Owego, N.Y.
      Yes
      1980-85, 2017-19

Comment

Stephen
        Rome NY grew up in Hamilton
        no
        56 years
        It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Barb
          Hamilton
          yes
          almost 40 years

Comment

Mike
            Latham NY also grew up in Hamilton
            No but was at one time
            Since 1971

Comment

Charlie
              South Salem NY
              Yes
              Most years since 1979

Comment

Kyle
                Norton, MA
                no
                every season since 2005
                Colgate '09

Comment

do I want to end up like Henry Hill, in the witness protection program? Wilton, CT; not a season ticket holder; have attended at least three games per year for the last 25 years; Silver Puck Council since 1978-79...generous (almost to a fault) to the SPC which makes me somewhat of a blithering idiot...I'm 68 and the sands of time (like several above) run faster every year...attended virtually every ECAC semi-final game since 1995 and 2 of 3 NCAA appearances since 2000 (sadly, the only other years were 2005 and 2014)...Class of 1972...

Comment

BTW, are these REALLY your names? You people are becoming trouble makers just like TheGreenCoat...I just wish this season was over; it's been really depressing...

Comment

Thanks for humoring me, 'Gate believers. I have enjoyed learning that I truly am the newbie at the table here.
                      GreenCoat, do you have a real first name? And are you my contact for Silver Puck Club activities?
                      I have met Charlie Gate83 and Barb CU13 in real life, which I enjoyed. Also John 'GateRadio.
                      Mike Magoo, I stayed at the Indigo hotel in Latham this past weekend... easy drives to both RPI/The Ruck and Union/Gershons Deli.
                      Can I expect to see responses from TchrBill, Marmot and ColSkate65?
                      And does FlagDude08 have allegiance to primarily one ECAC school? Is it Colgate or RPI? I get so confused.

Comment

Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
                        And does FlagDude08 have allegiance to primarily one ECAC school? Is it Colgate or RPI? I get so confused.
                        FlagDUDE08 went to RPI, graduated in '08.
                        Colgate '09

Comment

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
                          FlagDUDE08 went to RPI, graduated in '08.
                          This is true, and my loyalties still remain there. However, given I am technically eligible for the locals discount on Colgate season tickets (assuming you guys still do that), I do post here, as I like to see CNY's hockey community thrive.

Comment

funny you should mention that...my loyalties go north to SLU and East to RPI, both programs with great traditions that appear (if my information is correct) to be suffering from "administrative neglect"...sad to see the three worst teams in the ECAC this year (and, frankly, too often) are The Gate, RPI and SLU...have a bunch of contacts at SLU, less so at RPI...BTW, if you add up our lifetime record against both schools (RPI and SLU) it is virtually a dead heat...vs. RPI now 62-65-5 and SLU 71-79-5...to really show how close I am to a state-run facility let's look at the "Quadrangle League" all-time records (includes Clarkson, who dominates)...Clarkson: 306-175-39, SLU: 233-254-22, Colgate 186-229-28 and RPI: 173-240-23 (as of close of 2017-18 season)...this is head-to-head all-time against the other three teams...as you can tell I'm in total denial about current events...

Comment

I think we know TchrBill’s first name😀

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenCoat View Post
                                funny you should mention that...my loyalties go north to SLU and East to RPI, both programs with great traditions that appear (if my information is correct) to be suffering from "administrative neglect"...sad to see the three worst teams in the ECAC this year (and, frankly, too often) are The Gate, RPI and SLU...have a bunch of contacts at SLU, less so at RPI...BTW, if you add up our lifetime record against both schools (RPI and SLU) it is virtually a dead heat...vs. RPI now 62-65-5 and SLU 71-79-5...to really show how close I am to a state-run facility let's look at the "Quadrangle League" all-time records (includes Clarkson, who dominates)...Clarkson: 306-175-39, SLU: 233-254-22, Colgate 186-229-28 and RPI: 173-240-23 (as of close of 2017-18 season)...this is head-to-head all-time against the other three teams...as you can tell I'm in total denial about current events...
                                RPI's administration issues aren't necessarily the administration's support of hockey so much as people's lack of confidence in the administrative leadership. They brought in a new AD who cut a coach that still had 4 years in the contract (long story but definitely a good thing IMO), and although some alums weren't thrilled about the process of finding a new coach, there is something they did that I believe should be respected: They have a vision of what they want the team to be, they have put their resources towards finding it, and have limited interference from people who may not necessarily share the same vision.

If you are indeed disappointed with the way Donny is leading the program, you can definitely learn from other coaching changes. Just make sure you don't end up on the 3-year carousel, otherwise you'll be in the basement for a while.

Comment

Working...
                                X