Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 400 of 593

Thread: Colgate 2018-19

  1. #381
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    673

    Re: Colgate 2018-19

    the bottom line (as it has been for almost 13 years) is that we are generally long on effort, short on talent...ELEVEN goals in ELEVEN home games this year...can you really blame people for not showing up...and my guess is that we could have scored 11 goals in 11 home games in Starr Rink and saved $38 million...enough already...clean house...

  2. #382
    Signer of '65 Arena first beam.
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    2,247

    Re: Colgate 2018-19

    Quote Originally Posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
    Colgate 28, Dartmouth 25, final SOG.
    Dartmouth 1, Colgate 0, final score.
    Frustrating.
    Thanks, Iowa, for the play by play tonite.
    COLGATE HOCKEY:"Welcome aboard Mitch, Andrew, Griffin and Jeff"

  3. #383
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Latham, NY
    Posts
    751

    Re: Colgate 2018-19

    This is getting ridiculous. Iowa, did we actually come CLOSE to scoring?

  4. #384
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    103

    Re: Colgate 2018-19

    Quote Originally Posted by Magoo View Post
    This is getting ridiculous. Iowa, did we actually come CLOSE to scoring?
    Attendance was actually not too bad (I'm betting today it will be empty). Scoring chances last night were few & far between... for both teams. The one goal was an ugly one, saves were kind of routine... pretty boring overall. Women won at Harvard, there was more chatter about that than what was going on on the ice...

  5. #385
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    308

    Re: Colgate 2018-19

    Magoo, I totally agree with Gate83... very few really quality chances, although there were a couple of pings off the pipes... maybe one for each team. As for the goal, I would love to have seen a replay. To me, it looked like a ton of guys were just bangin’ at it at Mitch’s feet... not even sure he saw it go in. The fact that it was unassisted just told me that the Big Green player was the last to bang at it. They did a video review, confirmed the goal, but then no replay on the big screen.
    Apparently I didn’t see that right, here is what Big Green posted on the Dartmouth page...

    “Wow, last night's game vs Colgate was as even as it gets with BG eeking out a 1-0 victory. Both goalies were outstanding (they both were the best players on the ice last night) with Clark being a bit better than Benson. I am sure Benson would like that goal back he gave up to Jasiek. I do not believe he was ready for it, given the angle of it, between the bottom of the circle and goal line. I think Jasiek's shot actually banked off Benson's far leg as he opened up to the butterfly and trickles in five hole. The goal is listed as unassisted but credit Rutherford for tying his D man and creating the turnover for Jasiek. Also it helps the Jasiek is left handed to help his angle of shot. I do not believe a righty would have scored there. Good call by the coaches to have Jasiek (winger) take the offensive draw vs Baker (center and righty).”
    Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 01-19-2019 at 10:54 AM.

  6. #386
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    673

    Re: Colgate 2018-19

    game was quite even, Dartmouth (perhaps having slightly better scoring opportunities) did hit two posts...McMann had 11 shots on goal and was all over the ice...puck movement on PP simply too slow, too many passes not on the tape...we are now the second to last scoring team in all of DI (Alabama-Huntsville passed us last night)...we have players who have logged a lot of ice time this year who have ZERO goals...the team competes, no question...coming up, let's see if we can improve our recent record against Cornell: 4 wins, 22 losses, 7 ties...I'm not holding my breath, sadly...

  7. #387
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    308

    Re: Colgate 2018-19

    Speaking of McMann, as I was going down the elevator after the game, an usher told me that he took a ‘cheap shot’ at a Dartmouth player after the final buzzer. Then a Dartmouth friend texted me last night... “Yes he got a 5 min slashing and a 10 min game misconduct. I think that puts him out tomorrow.” Anybody know if any or all of that is true?
    Regarding the weather, I am staying in Utica this weekend and, right now, the streets are clear and it is not snowing yet.

  8. #388
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    632

    Re: Colgate 2018-19

    Quote Originally Posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
    Speaking of McMann, as I was going down the elevator after the game, an usher told me that he took a ‘cheap shot’ at a Dartmouth player after the final buzzer. Then a Dartmouth friend texted me last night... “Yes he got a 5 min slashing and a 10 min game misconduct. I think that puts him out tomorrow.” Anybody know if any or all of that is true?
    Regarding the weather, I am staying in Utica this weekend and, right now, the streets are clear and it is not snowing yet.
    I saw most of what happened though I didn't catch what precipitated it. There was a mass of humanity along the right wing wall in Dartmouth's end at the end of the game. Guessing that's where it started as Dartmouth was trying to keep the puck on the wall. At one point I believe just after the horn McMann slashed a Dartmouth player on the side of the foot and he went down. Officials saw it immediately, grabbed him and took him to the locker room. He was kept out of the handshake line. Obviously something happened to bring that on but what I didn't see. Clear frustration in the play as well I gather.

    Penalty was a slashing major and a game misconduct. He's fine to return tonight as it wasn't a DQ. If it had been a DQ then he would be automatically out tonight.

  9. #389
    Signer of '65 Arena first beam.
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    2,247

    Re: Colgate 2018-19

    Quote Originally Posted by 'Gate Radio View Post
    I saw most of what happened though I didn't catch what precipitated it. There was a mass of humanity along the right wing wall in Dartmouth's end at the end of the game. Guessing that's where it started as Dartmouth was trying to keep the puck on the wall. At one point I believe just after the horn McMann slashed a Dartmouth player on the side of the foot and he went down. Officials saw it immediately, grabbed him and took him to the locker room. He was kept out of the handshake line. Obviously something happened to bring that on but what I didn't see. Clear frustration in the play as well I gather.

    Penalty was a slashing major and a game misconduct. He's fine to return tonight as it wasn't a DQ. If it had been a DQ then he would be automatically out tonight.
    Yeah, that was it. Everyone was bunched up along the boards and I think the Dartmouth player may have pushed McMann over eagerly; I think it was pure frustration on McMann's part, not only for the ending but frustration that Gate could not put the puck in the net all game. McMann slashed the Dartmouth player's skates.

    As to the goal, after 20 minutes of trying to get the game on ESPN+, I came in at the 8+ minute mark of the third and just as I got connected I saw the Big Green score the goal. It looked like a shot from the right winger ( a lefty) that somehow hit off a Dartmouth player - or even one of us - and thru Benson's 5-hole. The positive thing is that I saw the only goal of the game ( altho that's really a negative). The negative is that I continue to have problems with ESPN+ and miss 30-40 minutes of the final period :-/
    COLGATE HOCKEY:"Welcome aboard Mitch, Andrew, Griffin and Jeff"

  10. #390
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    308

    Re: Colgate 2018-19

    Thanks, all, for the info on Bobby McMann.
    And, obviously, John McGraw at Colgate Radio doesn’t need to worry about me taking over play-by-play. he he he
    Apparently all New York State interstates are officially off-limits for motorcoaches and tractor-trailers starting at 3 p.m. today, so it could mean two-lane roads for the Dartmouth and Harvard team buses on their respective ways home. It is now snowing lightly in Utica.

  11. #391
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    103

    Re: Colgate 2018-19

    Been snowing all morning in Hamilton, Iowa. Travel safe, will look for you at the rink!

  12. #392
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    573

    Re: Colgate 2018-19

    Quote Originally Posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
    Magoo, I totally agree with Gate83... very few really quality chances, although there were a couple of pings off the pipes... maybe one for each team. As for the goal, I would love to have seen a replay. To me, it looked like a ton of guys were just bangin’ at it at Mitch’s feet... not even sure he saw it go in. The fact that it was unassisted just told me that the Big Green player was the last to bang at it. They did a video review, confirmed the goal, but then no replay on the big screen.
    Apparently I didn’t see that right, here is what Big Green posted on the Dartmouth page...

    “Wow, last night's game vs Colgate was as even as it gets with BG eeking out a 1-0 victory. Both goalies were outstanding (they both were the best players on the ice last night) with Clark being a bit better than Benson. I am sure Benson would like that goal back he gave up to Jasiek. I do not believe he was ready for it, given the angle of it, between the bottom of the circle and goal line. I think Jasiek's shot actually banked off Benson's far leg as he opened up to the butterfly and trickles in five hole. The goal is listed as unassisted but credit Rutherford for tying his D man and creating the turnover for Jasiek. Also it helps the Jasiek is left handed to help his angle of shot. I do not believe a righty would have scored there. Good call by the coaches to have Jasiek (winger) take the offensive draw vs Baker (center and righty).”
    You travel well young man! You can see the goal at the following: https://dartmouthsports.com/news/201...o-1-0-win.aspx

    As for McMann, like I stated he was flying and plenty dangerous most of the night. With about 10 seconds remaining in the game, Graber was pinning the puck along the wall along in an attempt to kill the clock. McMann comes in like he should along with other from both teams hacking and whacking. When times runs out, McMann slashes Graber by the ankle. It is purely a hockey play and although McMann slashed Graber I prefer to view it as there is a hockey player who cares and plays with passion. No harm no foul! See you down the road and good luck the rest of the way!

  13. #393
    Made in the USA
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    47,493

    Re: Colgate 2018-19

    Quote Originally Posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
    Thanks, all, for the info on Bobby McMann.
    And, obviously, John McGraw at Colgate Radio doesn’t need to worry about me taking over play-by-play. he he he
    Apparently all New York State interstates are officially off-limits for motorcoaches and tractor-trailers starting at 3 p.m. today, so it could mean two-lane roads for the Dartmouth and Harvard team buses on their respective ways home. It is now snowing lightly in Utica.
    US 20 is a bit easier anyway, at least for Harvard. Actually some decent non-interstates for Dartmouth to use in the Mohawk Valley.

    Light snow in the 'cuse. Hopefully all have safe travels, as down that way can be a nasty one.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    "Better to be infamous than never famous at all." -Roger Stone

    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

  14. #394
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    308

    Re: Colgate 2018-19

    Thanks for the link to the Big Green highlights. Very kewl.
    I do travel well. I took Amtrak/VIA Rail on Thursday to see Niagara Ice Dogs blow out Hamilton Bulldogs,10-0, in Saint Catharines, then back to Syracuse and drive to Hamilton. This morning, Highway 12-B was slick driving back to Hamilton from Utica, with one car in the ditch already. After today’s afternoon game, I will either go back to Utica for tonight’s AHL game and model railroad show tomorrow afternoon, or just drive back home to Owego. Weather and road conditions at 5:30 p.m. today will dictate that decision.

  15. #395
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    308

    Re: Colgate 2018-19

    Harvard 12, Colgate 11, SOG after one.
    Harvard 1, Colgate 0, score after one.
    Two great opportunities in front of Harvard goalie.
    But... one penalty against, one goal against.

  16. #396
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    308

    Re: Colgate 2018-19

    Harvard 25,Colgate 19, SOG after two.
    Harvard 2, Colgate 0, after two.
    After playing them even in the first, Harvard started to really pull away in the second.
    Maybe being content to just dump it into their end when we are behind 2-0 isn’t such a great strategy.

  17. #397
    Made in the USA
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    47,493

    Re: Colgate 2018-19

    Quote Originally Posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
    Thanks for the link to the Big Green highlights. Very kewl.
    I do travel well. I took Amtrak/VIA Rail on Thursday to see Niagara Ice Dogs blow out Hamilton Bulldogs,10-0, in Saint Catharines, then back to Syracuse and drive to Hamilton. This morning, Highway 12-B was slick driving back to Hamilton from Utica, with one car in the ditch already. After today’s afternoon game, I will either go back to Utica for tonight’s AHL game and model railroad show tomorrow afternoon, or just drive back home to Owego. Weather and road conditions at 5:30 p.m. today will dictate that decision.
    Comets started early just finishing now, and Crunch are postponed. Wouldn't be surprised if the railroad show is also postponed. I'd say head home after this. Please be careful on the roads, and remember you'll need to use 17C or 434 instead of 17.
    Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 01-19-2019 at 04:33 PM.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    "Better to be infamous than never famous at all." -Roger Stone

    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

  18. #398
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    308

    Re: Colgate 2018-19

    FlagDude, thanks for the AHL hockey heads-up. As of this morning, the toy train show was still a go... crazily. But, I think you right... heading home is probably the wise choice. I think the better team will ultimately win here, as the third period just started...

  19. #399
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    308

    Re: Colgate 2018-19

    Harvard 35, Colgate 30, final SOG.
    Harvard 2, Colgate 1, final score.
    Pick your fave...
    “we didn’t give up”
    or
    “too little, too late.”

  20. #400
    Signer of '65 Arena first beam.
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    2,247

    Re: Colgate 2018-19

    Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    US 20 is a bit easier anyway, at least for Harvard. Actually some decent non-interstates for Dartmouth to use in the Mohawk Valley.

    Light snow in the 'cuse. Hopefully all have safe travels, as down that way can be a nasty one.
    Rte 20 can be a monster. I doubt I'd recommend that route to anyone. The Bussy better know what he's doing.

    So one goal on the weekend and no points in the ECAC standings. Harvard bottled us up defensively. The men tried hard but were up against a talented team. We will need to come out with fire next weekend vs the Big Red.
    COLGATE HOCKEY:"Welcome aboard Mitch, Andrew, Griffin and Jeff"

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •