Colgate 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2018-19

I still see only three committed players for 2020...and as much as I've been critical of the student body for not showing up to support MIH, I'm at the point where i can hardly blame them...I noticed in the school "March Madness Drive" to raise funds for a variety of both men's and women's sports MIH was third FROM THE BOTTOM...my contribution (and the first time I've donated directly to athletics other than to football and MIH) went to men's basketball...Coach Langel and his staff deserved it...

Comment

• Now is the time

Each day that goes by since the men’s hockey season has ended I have
      dreamed that I would open the Gate Athletics website and see the announcement we all pray for,
      that Don has taken an emeritus package of some sort and a national search has begun to find his successor. Now is the time Nicki. Connie
      was too close and left it for you...you have to do this now in the year our Women’s team used our new rink and their moxie to recruit the nation’s best recruiting class. Don and his team have had such poor results for such a stretch that they can’t recruit even with our great new asset. This must end now. We cannot be asked to endure another season with absolutely no hope. SAVE US the loyal and generous Colgate Hockey faithful who paid for our great new rink! Don is a fine man and you will treat him well for his earlier years of relevance but that time has passed him by. PLEASE
      Last edited by Oldtimer; 04-19-2019, 07:21 AM.

Comment

• Re: Now is the time

from one Oldtimer to another...well stated...I don't think anyone on this thread is happy with the current situation, nor are we happy that the time has come to replace a good man, a loyal guy and a respected coach...I'm sure Miami went through similar feelings regarding Rico Blasi...I really wish things were different...

Comment

Four months and five days to the first home football game against Villanova ! B's game five tonight, maybe a Xanax night !
          It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

7 incoming freshman. Verboon looks like the scorer we need but we will need to have a few of them. Hopefully cockrell can comeback. We will see

Comment

yes, all hoping Jared can come back...he can score and he's fiesty...really hope the concussions have not ended his collegiate career...the seven incoming for 2019 look OK on paper but don't knock your socks off...again I hope I'm wrong but it's hard to see MIH winning more than 40% of possible points next year...something like 13-20-3...objectivity trumps optimism at this point...

Comment

As of this morning (April 24), the press release for the 2019-20 incoming class has been taken down from the Colgate Athletics web site. Sadly, I never got a chance to read it.

Uh-oh, hope this isn't a bad omen...
                Colgate '09

Comment

That is strange and somewhat unsettling.

Comment

saw the press release (short, matter-of-fact) and was going to send it out to compare it with the more detailed similar release for WIH including comments from the head coach...and, yes, it's now gone...

Comment

Did anyone see the tweet Saturday from @JeffCoxSports about Mike Harder leaving Colgate...

Comment

I wouldn't read anything into the story being taken down from the athletics web site. I would assume that it was a rough draft that wasn't meant to be published and when the mistake was caught, the release was taken down. It likely needed additional text/quotes, graphics, polishing, etc. There was no announcement of the release on social media.

Comment

Did anyone see there was a tweet over the weekend by a New England sports writer that Mike Harder was leaving Colgate....

Comment

Originally posted by StarrGazer View Post
                            Did anyone see there was a tweet over the weekend by a New England sports writer that Mike Harder was leaving Colgate....
                            https://***********/JeffCoxSports/st...80564275019777

Comment

Right idea, wrong coach.
                              Can you really blame him? Coaching at Colgate makes you damaged goods. Not sure that playing there will do one any favors, either.
                              C O L G A T E
                              2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                              1990 NCAA FINALS
                              https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
                              ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
                              ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

Anyone going to Belfast?

Bad news about Harder. The musical chairs just keeps on turning...
                                COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Working...
                                X