Colgate 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2018-19

SOG was 30-13 when Yale scored their second goal (breakaway).
    Again, we are asking Mitch to play offense, defense and goaltend.
    Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 02-15-2019, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Yale 32, Colgate 18, final SOG.
      Yale 3,Colgate 0, final score.

Comment

Iowa, how did that RIT - Sacred Heart game come out? ;-)
        COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

ColSkate65, well, it was a closer game... RIT 2, Sacred Heart 0 (despite outshooting RIT by over double). Two new arenas for me, with another new one coming tomorrow night at Brown. But, first, a motorsports museum tour in Warwick in the afternoon. I am really enjoying this road trip, but it does get frustrating following ‘Gate.

Comment

Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
            ColSkate65, well, it was a closer game... RIT 2, Sacred Heart 0 (despite outshooting RIT by over double). Two new arenas for me, with another new one coming tomorrow night at Brown. But, first, a motorsports museum tour in Warwick in the afternoon. I am really enjoying this road trip, but it does get frustrating following ‘Gate.
            What did you think of the Whale? Sorry if the Yale Band did not add to the atmosphere. Bridgeport is a perfect rink for AHL, unfortunately SHU has issues there, kudos to that U for trying though.
            YALE HOCKEY
            2013 National Champions

Comment

LTSatch... Colgate took Hale to the Whale at Yale today and I loved it. I think it’s a great rink. Love the shape, the openness and the wood (and the hand-railings).
              The usher at Bridgeport this morning said the staff told him that they had pre-sold three tickets for the RIT-Sacred Heart contest. My guess is that the walk-up crowd probably added another 47 or so paying patrons. Not kidding.
              Oh, and the Colgate Pep Band did an outstanding job at Ingalls Rink tonight. For whatever reason, I took more notice of them tonight than I ever do at home. Not sure why that is exactly.

Comment

No comments on the game? If I’d been in the nets for Yale final score would’ve been 3-0, maybe 3-1, and I’m 68. Tough to win when you’re skating in essence three fourth lines. Yale now 14-4 against us in last eighteen. Comments anyone?

Comment

GreenCoat, what is there actually to say about these games?
                  We have no offense, no defense, and three freshmen goalies.
                  It is just a l-o-n-g season for us, which will, in all likelihood, end early in the post-season.
                  Last night, special teams weren’t a factor, as there were very few penalties called. And, late in the game, things got chippy because of it.

Comment

A small plus from last night's game - we took no penalties ....the first time in 20 years! Hoping for an upset in Providence tonight. Go 'Gate!

Comment

A record-shutout season that cannot be over soon enough. I am in mourning for this program and have been for quite some time because nothing ever changes. Except our beautiful facility 😊

If a prospective player has dreams of playing professionally, Colgate would be hard-pressed to convince him that this is the place to be.
                      C O L G A T E
                      2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                      1990 NCAA FINALS
                      https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
                      ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
                      ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
                        Oh, and the Colgate Pep Band did an outstanding job at Ingalls Rink tonight. For whatever reason, I took more notice of them tonight than I ever do at home. Not sure why that is exactly.
                        That's because they never show up at Colgate home games. :-(
                        COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
                          That's because they never show up at Colgate home games. :-(
                          They were at both games last weekend... did a combined set with the Clarkson pep band Saturday between the first & second periods that was actually quite good.

Agree with Iowa on the team, not sure what to say other than having been to the Whale a number of times I chose to skip the hour's drive north & didn't bother checking the score until this morning. I see the lax team with their new coach is 2-0...

Comment

Mitch Benson in goal again tonight vs. Brown.

Comment

Wow. I don’t know what to say...
                              I don’t think I have seen Colgate come out of the box stronger than they did tonight.
                              Brown 11, Colgate 9, SOG after one.
                              Colgate 2, Brown 1, score after one.
                              We got the lead back seconds after Brown’s goal.
                              Mitch had a great period, being totally screened on their goal.

Comment

Wow. Wow.
                                Colgate 3, Brown 2, score after two.
                                Not sure SOG (too excited), but I think Brown still leads.
                                Brown scores with 5-3 man-advantage, and we get the lead right back (scoring late in the period).
                                Again, not sure what transpired after loss to Yale, but something changed. Having said that, instead of continuing to be aggressive in the third, I expect that we will just dump the puck in a defensive shell. Go ‘Gate.

Comment

Working...
                                X