Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 31323334353637383940414243 LastLast

Thread: Colgate 2018-19

Re: Colgate 2018-19

I will make the offer again, to whom it may concern...
    If the Silver Puck committee needs a volunteer, I am more than willing.
    I have 19 years experience as executive director of a 501(c)(3) national non-profit, and another 9 years as museum curator of the same organization.
    Plus, I am now retired, have time, and am passionate about college hockey and the Colgate menís ice hockey program.

Most of you probably already know this, but here are the award winners from the Team Banquet -
    Best Offensive player - Bobby McMann
    Steve Riggs award - Josh McKechney
    Dan Coley award - Trevor Cosgrove
    Terry Slater award - Rory McGuire
    Rob Ries award - Rory McGuire
    Whit Williams award - Tyler Penner
    Best Defensive player - Mitch Benson
    Coaches Award - Willie Brooks
    ECAC Student Athlete Finalist - Ken Citron

Iowa - you may have already done this but you might want to write to Silver Puck. I think the address is 13 Oak Drive Hamilton 13346.

Magoo, thanks. Will do next week. I will drive tomorrow to Buffalo to meet up with Alaska Mike, Clarkson Doug, Buffalo Dave, Dartmouth Doug & Dartmouth Cam. Will cheer for Massachusetts and Duluth on Thursday, but expect to see Duluth defeat Denver on Saturday night. We will likely catch Binghamton at Rochester AHL on the off-day.

Here every day

Iowa, you never cease to amaze !
    It all starts with the goaltending.

Signer of '65 Arena first beam.

Anyone know who the captains are for next season? They were not announced in the email release I received about the banquet. Thx.
    COLGATE HOCKEY:"Welcome aboard Mitch, Andrew, Griffin and Jeff"

Yesterdayís semi-final games in Buffalo were both great advertisements for college hockey (and you donít always get that at the Frozen Four). The Duluth gameís final score certainly wasnít indicative of the closeness of the game, and Massachusettsí overtime goal was a bullet (no need to video-review that one).
    I am attending the games with my usual cast of characters... Alaska Mike, Clarkson Doug, Buffalo Dave and former sprint car racer Doug Strong. And Dougís son, Dartmouth player Cam Strong, making his first Frozen Four appearance. It always surprises me that more student-athletes from non-participating schools donít attend. If you want to whet your appetite for participating in the national championship, just take in a Frozen Four in-person. Cam definitely wants to come back... with his gear.
    I also saw coach Dave Smith in the elevator on the way out and I congratulated him on his efforts at starting to turn RPIís program around. I have been a believer in his talents since seeing (and meeting) him when he was Canisiusí coach at the Fairbanks tourney a couple of years ago (when my beloved Dean Blais-led Omaha was also there). Dave Smith was walking out last night with the father of a Colgate womenís hockey player, with the dad being amongst a handful of ĎGate supporters that I saw yesterday. The Frozen Four continues to have great atmosphere, even if attendance is a bit down again (13k instead of 18k). Go ĎGate.
    Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 04-12-2019 at 09:07 AM.

Signer of '65 Arena first beam.

Lot of empty seats in Buffalo yesterday 8-(
    COLGATE HOCKEY:"Welcome aboard Mitch, Andrew, Griffin and Jeff"

October 11-12, 2019... Miami at Colgate.

Quote Originally Posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
    October 11-12, 2019... Miami at Colgate.
    Positive; football also home that weekend, vs. Bucknell. Negative; it's break week for the students. Not that they show up anyway...

I still see only three committed players for 2020...and as much as I've been critical of the student body for not showing up to support MIH, I'm at the point where i can hardly blame them...I noticed in the school "March Madness Drive" to raise funds for a variety of both men's and women's sports MIH was third FROM THE BOTTOM...my contribution (and the first time I've donated directly to athletics other than to football and MIH) went to men's basketball...Coach Langel and his staff deserved it...

Now is the time

Each day that goes by since the menís hockey season has ended I have
    dreamed that I would open the Gate Athletics website and see the announcement we all pray for,
    that Don has taken an emeritus package of some sort and a national search has begun to find his successor. Now is the time Nicki. Connie
    was too close and left it for you...you have to do this now in the year our Womenís team used our new rink and their moxie to recruit the nationís best recruiting class. Don and his team have had such poor results for such a stretch that they canít recruit even with our great new asset. This must end now. We cannot be asked to endure another season with absolutely no hope. SAVE US the loyal and generous Colgate Hockey faithful who paid for our great new rink! Don is a fine man and you will treat him well for his earlier years of relevance but that time has passed him by. PLEASE
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 04-19-2019 at 07:21 AM.

Re: Now is the time

from one Oldtimer to another...well stated...I don't think anyone on this thread is happy with the current situation, nor are we happy that the time has come to replace a good man, a loyal guy and a respected coach...I'm sure Miami went through similar feelings regarding Rico Blasi...I really wish things were different...

Here every day

Four months and five days to the first home football game against Villanova ! B's game five tonight, maybe a Xanax night !
    It all starts with the goaltending.

7 incoming freshman. Verboon looks like the scorer we need but we will need to have a few of them. Hopefully cockrell can comeback. We will see

yes, all hoping Jared can come back...he can score and he's fiesty...really hope the concussions have not ended his collegiate career...the seven incoming for 2019 look OK on paper but don't knock your socks off...again I hope I'm wrong but it's hard to see MIH winning more than 40% of possible points next year...something like 13-20-3...objectivity trumps optimism at this point...

Raider Fan

As of this morning (April 24), the press release for the 2019-20 incoming class has been taken down from the Colgate Athletics web site. Sadly, I never got a chance to read it.

Uh-oh, hope this isn't a bad omen...
    Colgate '09

Boston Red Sox - 2018 World Series Champions!!!!
    New England Patriots - 2019 Super Bowl Champions!!!!

That is strange and somewhat unsettling.

saw the press release (short, matter-of-fact) and was going to send it out to compare it with the more detailed similar release for WIH including comments from the head coach...and, yes, it's now gone...

I wouldn't read anything into the story being taken down from the athletics web site. I would assume that it was a rough draft that wasn't meant to be published and when the mistake was caught, the release was taken down. It likely needed additional text/quotes, graphics, polishing, etc. There was no announcement of the release on social media.

Thread Information